It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens....Demonic apparitions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Have any of you considered plausible, the possibility that 'first encounters' and experiences of that nature are not physical, but psychic?

For instance, since ancient times people have been physically violated by spiritual forms. Its not common, but it happens. In Jungian psychology the archetypes of the unconscious are said to possess a numinosity that can actually project and exert itself over physicality if its strong enough.

So, why cant alien experiences be encounters with demonic forms? In earlier times one who was spiritually 'defiled' became a prospect for demonic possession or actually have experiences of his own demons in some apparition. The demon itself isnt anything more than a spiritual energy. Its nature is evil, and so when it does 'manifest' it takes on the symbolic form of whatever its quality finds appropriate. Does everyone experience demons in the same way? no. A buddhist will experience it in the terms of the culture he was born into, and therefore the 'archetype' or demon will borrow that imagery to relate with the subject it intends to 'suckle from'. Thats another thing. Demons or negative emotions simply seek to live. and they live by either inciting compulsions in people - whether that be in promoting negative behavior or habits, or in severe cases, an actual haunting or psychic attack.

In its more common manifestations, these demonic attacks occur solely in a spiritual ie; psychological manner. This could explain people with major mental issues. But in particularly unique cases, demons actually possess enough numinosity to influence their physical environment. This describes those poltergeist scenarios.

So, how come aliens cant be demons, borrowing popular imagery that accords with our modern, science fiction culture. Maybe the people who promote the idea of aliens, are infact taking advantage of a spiritual reality that can be used to project any imagery that exists in the collective human imagination (or unconscious). The image of aliens has been popularized enough that people actually begin to experience these demonic archetypes in that 'language', not understanding that its simply an illusion, or symbolic projection from an unconscious, archetypal level of reality.

We know that there are certain 'hubs' where UFO experiences occur much more often. Likewise, there are particular spiritual places that give people a good, positive feeling. There are houses that are haunted which contain the impression of an evil, past event which leaves people with a very evil and uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes, if enough like minded people are together, they can collectively experience the same, archetypal reality. This is what "fatima" was in portugal. And their are many other examples of this.

Is it really safe to believe in aliens when there is in fact a subtle, spiritual reality that interacts with this one, and can manifest in whatever way the human imagination makes possible?

Wouldnt it be safer to alteast exercise caution, and skepticism, based on the reality of archetypes?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Depends on your point of reference. How do you see the universe? I absolutely believe these are spiritual forces.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There are aliens that can be misinterpret as Demons. Their called the Draco, from the star system Alpha Draconis.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
When I saw your thread Doom instantly came to mind, where the aliens are the demons.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Depends on your point of reference. How do you see the universe? I absolutely believe these are spiritual forces.

Another thing which indicates their spiritual/demonic reality, is the fact that so many describe being probed.

The anus is associated in occult/mystical thought with the demonic. Infact, in order to enter a state of consciousness in which you can contact demonic powers, its helpful to engage in sodomy.

So, 'symbolically' the part of the human form which releases physical waste, the anus, is associated with the spiritual 'waste', in the psychic realm, demons.

To connect with them like has to attract like. As "above so below".

Thus, it makes sense that demonic forms would violate one in the very area of the body associated with their existence, the anus.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I think they have lot in common. Demons may well be psychological factors of unconsciousness. Demon posessions / encounters rarely happen to atheists, yet they are quite common amongst various believers. Demons most likely are unwanted and uncontrollable unconscious conflicts including some cultural factors. Often demonic posession have symptoms of cultural and educational rejection.

I cannot help myself but I think that most alien abductions stories are repressed memories of unfortunate events like child molestation, rapes and so forth. These often include various probing and other nasty acts, yet they keeps whispering "this is for your best".

Demons and aliens both have strong stench of repressed memories and feelings. But who knows?

-v

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

I think they have lot in common. Demons may well be psychological factors of unconsciousness. Demon posessions / encounters rarely happen to atheists, yet they are quite common amongst various believers. Demons most likely are unwanted and uncontrollable unconscious conflicts including some cultural factors. Often demonic posession have symptoms of cultural and educational rejection.

I cannot help myself but I think that most alien abductions stories are repressed memories of unfortunate events like child molestation, rapes and so forth. These often include various probing and other nasty acts, yet they keeps whispering "this is for your best".

Demons and aliens both have strong stench of repressed memories and feelings. But who knows?

-v

Thats a bit of a stretch.

So youre saying everyone whos ever been probed by an alien was molested or raped as a child? What if that isnt true?

Demonic encounters rarely happen to atheists? Maybe not in the physical interaction sort of way. Infact, many UFO cultists ARE atheists, which is why their led to materialize the spiritual experience as an 'alien encounter'.

And schizophrenia, Bi polar, OCD, depression etc what do you think these conditions are? Where do you think the compulsions of these disorders come from? Demons. Negative energy possessing the consciousness of its host.
edit on 21-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Thats a bit of a stretch.

So youre saying everyone whos ever been probed by an alien was molested or raped as a child? What if that isnt true?

No that's not what I was saying. With the little word "like" I meant like "such as" and "for example". Sorry about the confusion. I'd rather say that in most cases these experiences are because of some repressed memory, like experiences of violence.

Originally posted by dontreally
Demonic encounters rarely happen to atheists? Maybe not in the physical interaction sort of way. Infact, many UFO cultists ARE atheists, which is why their led to materialize the spiritual experience as an 'alien encounter'.

Yes, that's why people more secular people of today experience abductions rather than demonic posessions.

I just spent few moments to track down the history of reported alien abductions. There was decent article about it in Wikipedia. I had never read it before. Through one of the expanding links I found interesting quote originally stated by Carl Sagan:

In The Demon-Haunted World astronomer Carl Sagan (who failed to cite some other authors, including Schnabel) pointed out that the alien abduction experience is remarkably similar to tales of demon abduction common throughout history. "...most of the central elements of the alien abduction account are present, including sexually obsessive non-humans who live in the sky, walk through walls, communicate telepathically, and perform breeding experiments on the human species. Unless we believe that demons really exist, how can we understand so strange a belief system, embraced by the whole Western world (including those considered the wisest among us), reinforced by personal experience in every generation, and taught by Church and State? Is there any real alternative besides a shared delusion based on common brain wiring and chemistry?" (Sagan 1996 124)

So keeping in mind that abduction stories began from mid of 20th century, it suggest that it is due the cultural transition from religous to more secular. And if the abductions have lot similarities to demon posessions, it seems somewhat credible hypothesis.

-v
edit on 21-11-2010 by v01i0 because: 5531

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As an atheist and a former SIkh, I don't believe the ET treat to this planet is real. I certainly don't buy into "demonic" explanations. Have you ever seen any aliens? Have you ever felt the presence of superhumans? If you have then TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER! Just kidding but as an active 9/11 truther I think we need to concentrate on humans and science behind all of this, not ancient books and religions because we were not there when Moses parted the Red sea or Jesus rose from the dead. This Luciferian theory relies heavily on lights, orbs and other UFOs in sky. Often the religious truthers will attempt to use scientific explanations to back it such as "The lights manouvered in an uneartly way" or "The orbs were not detected by radars and split in to 3 seperate orbs". In the "normal" world, illuminati are perhaps best known for their scientists. So imagine how advanced their technology is, there's a reason why they do stuff behind curtains. The greatest trick the 'elite' have played is convinced you that demons exist and support them, that way you will be forced to submit since none of us can fight demons now can we? Before you say "oh Jesus will save ya" well no! If that's the case, 5billion+ humans are doomed and will go to hell according to Christianity....damn(!)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How about demons actually being aliens?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think that OP's author is in excellent company. Jaques Vallee has argued a similar thing and so has the Late John A Keel. The missing time effect is similar to that expereinced by those abucted by fairies. Anyway I also reject the ETH.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Many believe there is evidence of the theory you posed in the OP in the bible and in other religious/mythological texts.

I can really only quote biblical references on this subject as I really haven't researched any other religious text.

Being the preacher's granddaughter, I am certainly no stranger to the bible although the view point and theories I have researched go against everything my grandpa taught in his 30+ year ministry.

I can post direct quotes if you are interested. There are many accounts in the bible that could be interpreted as "alien" phenomena. There are many passages that speak of beings coming down in a "cloud" (and if you consider the time in which it was written anything in the sky that wasn't a bird MAY have been described as a cloud. To them, what else could it be? Their view of the world was very different. For instance, if they saw the statue of liberty/helicopter/tank, they would probably be scared to death.). There are also accounts that sound eerily similar to what would be referred to today as alien abduction. Some believe there are biblical accounts of DNA manipulation of the human race (which could have been the reason for the flood.) The bible also says that it will be just like the days of Noah in the end times, which is the time period where most of the possibly "alien" phenomena took place.

Since none of us were there, I guess we will never really know for sure. But the theory is extremely interesting.

S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A non pyshical being would not need to build advanced craft in order to travel. Relgious text are just storys, but most storys are based on actual events, so a more reasonable explanation would be UFOs seen in ancient times could not be explained and dismissed as angels flying in the sky, aliens where dismissed as either demons or these angels depending on what happened on the encounter. Just like the illusionists of not so long ago, there tricks could not be explained so were seen as magic! Just as those with a relgious beleif who has not embraced science and facts would still see unexplainable phenomena as an act of something spiritual.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

I would agree here. If one's only point of reference is the Bible, then certainly any being other than a normal human will be automatically labeled a Demon, especially a being from another world. The word Demon comes from the Latin word Daemon meaning Spirit, or "Inner Self. According to the Goeta we each have 72 of these elemental spirits living within us. You can let them rule you, or you can rule them. Human choices, 101.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If so, then they (UFOs) are psychic projections that show up in photos, vids, radar, etc. You can't just separate the phenomenon of aliens, and pretend the UFO connection doesn't exist.

So no, I don't think they are psychic, but a physical phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is not a demon an alien by human standards? I mean they arent human are they?
Also I dont think demon possession manifests how it is portrayed on tv and movies. A person can be demon -alien possessed without you knowing it. I think movies like the exorcist, emily rose, this new movie with Anthony Hopkins "The Rite" are destractions of how it really is

a few that come to mind. Its in the yes and demeanors
Nancy Pelosi
Hillary Clinton
Geithner
Rumsfeld
Kashkari
Bush Jr
Condolica Rice
Boehner
Bzernski (however you spell it)
Loughner
Pope Ratzinger
and many others in all professions, religious beliefs, or lack of, and social classes.

I believe these entities jump around, always on the move.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Have you read Jungs theory of UFOs?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

yes i do think that demonic forces are letting us see these things to set us on the wrong way in life. Gary13

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hasn't anyone noticed the strong religious and archetypal images in UFO abductees. Some have reported seeing hell ( probably reflecting their xtian background or influences). Many of these contactees have then developed strong religious convictions. I remember Brad Steiger mentioning investigating abductees homes and in a few cases finding what he called "elmentals".

I don't know if Brad Steiger is judged to be a fake or if he is a good guy . He is certainly a fake on Kahuna.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

a few that come to mind. Its in the yes and demeanors

I take it you mean EYES and demeanor.

Yes, I agree. Most of these people would have been nice people in the past, with a strong sense of right and wrong and a lot of compassion and desire to change the world for something better.

Then, something horrible happened. They allowed themselves to be consumed by their passions and hunger for power. Now they are like zombies; driven by this thing inside them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join