It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need a TSA Forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I say it half in jest, but it seems this is going to be an ongoing battle and may well deserve its own thread. This may make for better search in the future, if the articles, incidents and discussions are more together. Any thoughts on this?
edit on 21-11-2010 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Do we need a TSA forum?

Not for long I suspect.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Do we need a TSA forum?

Not for long I suspect.

Hope you are right.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I really hope we solve the TSA problem before it becomes a big enough
issue to deserve its own forum.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killface

I said the same thing about BP.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I say yes. It may be top news in the MSM right now. But it will go the way of the BP oil spill and fall out of public notice over the next thing that happens. Also it should be archived in one place for research purposes and to reduce redundancy. Right now it's hard to know exactly which forum the new threads should be posted in.

link   
I think it should get it's own forum, it would get even more attention. Since we have members from pretty much every continent the sun basically never sets on ATS, near 24 hour coverage of it would kill it quicker.

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No, we just need people to add to existing threads and we don't need new threads every single time someone feels they've been "violated"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No, we just need people to add to existing threads and we don't need new threads every single time someone feels they've been "violated"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

You do not feel each case deserves its own discussion?! So we should contribute new cases and violations into existing threads?! That makes absolutely no sense. Did you hear yourself?!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think TSA threads will be right at home in the US political madness forum.
I don't think it should get its own forum just yet.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
You do not feel each case deserves its own discussion?! So we should contribute new cases and violations into existing threads?! That makes absolutely no sense. Did you hear yourself?!

I definately think each and every case should be scrutinized in it's own thread.. yeah, there will be a lot of duplication of comments, but since each case is differant, it would help in the overall "oversight".

I also think that a TSA forum *is* merited, because this goe beyond just searches. There are aspect to this like the expansion of the authority to cover trains and busses as well as their lies about how they are "keeping us safe".
edit on 11-21-2010 by rogerstigers because: I was selected for special screening by the spelling nazi's

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Exactly. Now that the public is seeing this tyranny wide out in the open they're starting to realize how their freedoms have been taken away from them since 9-11. They used to think we were all crazy or that we were all just "conspiracy theorists". It's what they've been labeling us so we aren't given the credibility we deserve, but as has been said this is happening to many people and each of their individual case needs to be discussed in context. I just can't believe the things that they'd do to cancer patients or 3 year old babies. Each case needs to be discussed in their own merit and for that reason it deserves its own forum. There should be a whole new section dedicated to the TSA and the Patriot Act and the loss of our civil liberties. I'm not quite sure why there hasn't been one already.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I agree with Elevatedone. There is no need for a new thread for each violation. Basically, we are saying that TSA has gone too far, irrespective of the degree of violation. I don't think there is a need to make distinctions, unless someone wants to defend TSA.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
There is no need for a new thread for each violation.

So we should add new articles and recorded incidents into existing threads?! Yup, that makes sense.

Each violation has its own story, specifics and details. I see no logic in adding to a thread about a "Child being searched" with content about "a woman being searched for wearing a skirt".

My reason for suggesting a new forum is because it makes the topic easier to research and makes for better organization of the topic. I'm sure this won't be done, but to suggest there is no need for a new thread for every violation makes absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes in fact we do need a TSA Forum, I propse one be constructed in Philadelphia and an assembly of the people, elected by the people, meet there this spring, to conduct inquiries into the TSA, it's principles, it's vendors, protocols, partnerships and colours of authority to assess, those to face formal charges by a tribunal of the people to be elected at and by the same.

Oh you meant here on ATS????

Yes in fact we do need a TSA Forum, I propse one be constructed in Philadelphia and an assembly of the people, elected by the people, meet there this spring, to conduct inquiries into the TSA, it's principles, it's vendors, protocols, partnerships and colours of authority to assess, those to face formal charges by a tribunal of the people to be elected at and by the same.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was thinking the exact same thing, and then your post popped up.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think TSA abuses is on a par with the "Deepwater Disaster" and should have its own forum with no restrictions on the threads. Lumping incidents on a thread gets unwieldy and takes away from the significance of various incidents in different places with different sets of circumstances.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killface

It's not gonna need it's own forum. It's just the new fad and everyone is making threads on it and half of them wouldn't even be here if people used the damn search function before posting.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It's not a fad for the New World Order controllers.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
It's not gonna need it's own forum. It's just the new fad and everyone is making threads on it and half of them wouldn't even be here if people used the damn search function before posting.

Fad?! Garbage Pail Kids and Ice Cream Jones cereal are fads. THIS is a social issue.
Haf of them can be deleted by mods when determined to be a duplicate.
Search function I agree with you on, that goes without saying

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join