It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA = Terrorist SHAM Authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Simply put, the TSA is a farce. I can't claim anything but speculation and general impression
about the motivation, but it has, in my opinion, NOTHING to do with our security.

But but but... we have to be afear'd of the terrorists, right?!?? I mean you all could be potential
possible terrorists!!! If the TSA doesn't search our genitalia or take naked pics of us, someoen
might possibly blow up a passenger jet, maybe!

I know that I would not want to take the risk that a crazy right-left winged neo-nazi christian-muslim
extremo-religious hate monger patriot might want to possibly blow up the plane that someone
maybe me would be on!

*sigh*

I am actually happy to see all the TSA exposure. It helps to raise the general public ire and
eventually bring about some real change to the policies. It is just frustrating when the usual
suspects hop onto the threads (or the news) and spout out inannities about stopping terrorists.

I submit the following site: planecrashinfo.com...

The above link points to a great site that covers plane crash and incident information since the
1930's.

Here is a number to consider. 6,493,549 departures. That is the number of total passenger flight
departures domestic and international as registered by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics
for the date range of Januaru 2010 - August 2010. (available by doing a query here
www.bts.gov... )

Let's consider the plane crash data for the same time period...
(planecrashinfo.com... ) and we find 28 non-cargo plane crashes in the same
time period, including planes that are military, police, and within a combat area.

Running the numbers... 28 / 6493549 = 0.00000431 or 0.0004% chance of any particular flight
crashing. Including crashes caused by people bringing alligators on board. Even if ALL of those
were terrorist attacks, which is not the case here, the odds of you dying in a car crash are STILL
larger (1% according to data available at www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov...).. in fact
250,000x greater than flying.

Ok, so let's say that through some miracle the presence of TSA screenings has discouraged
terrorists from even trying. Well, then we should look at numbers prior to the enhancement of
security screenings...Let's use 1999.

Total departures: 9,706,204
Total crashes: roughly 80
% chance of any particular flight crashing: 0.0008%

and in 2002 after the start of the "Wah on Terrah!"

Total departures: 8,810,750
Total crashes: roughly 75
% chance of any particular flight crashing: 0.0009%

Again, keep in mind that these crash incidents INCLUDE engine failure, electrical failure,
crashing due to weather, crashign due to aligators on the plane, crashing due to pilot error, etc.
and that these statistics also cover light planes (cessna's, etc.)

So, now taking at look at these officilly published statistics, I have to look at the TSA's arguments
again. They are keeping us safe from the evil bad guys? Looks to me that the only thing that can
take credit for the reduction in the number of plane crashes is better take off and landing
systems, improved airframes, and enhanced maintenance procedures.

I for one refuse to live my life afraid of the evil boogey man. I got over that when I was a child. I
agree that watching some terrible news report once every 3-5 years about some people that died
because of a terrorist / hijacker is an awful prospect; however, I pay that price (and yes, even with
MY life) gladly to ensure that the government does NOT get a level of power and controll that they do not need nor deserve.

When someone says we should fight and die for our liberties, believe me I will gladly take the >1:2500 chance of dying while fighting off a terrorist in a plane as a means of fighting for my liberties, dignity, and privacy.

edit on 11-21-2010 by rogerstigers because: title change.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Bump: Good points. All of them! I'm not American, but if I were on your flight where you are fighting a terrorist, I too would fight... for your liberties and dignity. Also my life may depend on it! But this likely will never happen in my lifetime. There is no way in hell I want to fly to the States now...
edit on 11/21/2010 by hhcore because: just cuz

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree. It is a slippery slope leading directly to all of us being tagged like a herd of cattle. I have spent most of the day composing letters to my city, county, state and federal representatives protesting the TSA and the consequences that could come about if it is not stopped.

I plan on a personal campaign to e-mail, fax and snail mail this letter. I'm also signing my name to every petition I can find. Does anyone know of any protest marches? I'll be doing that too if one is close enough for me to drive to.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
you know, after looking at my numbers again.. the rate of plane crashes is higher this year than in 2002 or 1999. And we haven't had any news making terrorist issues on the planes...hmm.
edit on 11-21-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I have mixed feelings about this whole subject...

On the one hand security is always an illusion. The lock on your front door? Truth be told it isn't really keeping anybody out - it's just keeping them from getting in, silently, through your door.

That gun that you went out and bought during the panic and fear that filled us all after 9-11? Statistics say that you, now as a gun owner, are 4.5 times more likely to be shot now than you were before you owned a gun.

Your car locks, alarm, and that neat "Club" that you have invested your security interests in? Not even a few extra seconds to a skillful car thief.

All this leads me to a point... Security measures are rarely about actually being "secure"... they are about our perceptions, our serenity, and also about deterrence. When they are implemented we feel better, and those with ill intent often think twice about testing the waters of the efficacy of these measures. The rationality of this is open to debate, but it does not change the reality that there is a placebo effect, at least, to be found in the act of securing our own collective safety.

Which brings us to the TSA...

I don't know just how effective the TSA has really been since its inception. There is now way to know if a zealot, or a nut job sat down, at some point, and said "Man, I'd hijack/bomb/attack a plane if it weren't for those security measures they have put into place...".

The problem is that, with all the hyperbole, I am not sure that these measures aren't also being used to manipulate us either.

In the long run I see it this way... If getting patted down when I fly can save even just one plane load of passengers - just ONE... then I have to be rational and say that a few seconds of being uncomfortable is well worth it when compared to a needless and avoidable loss of human life. I just can't see a pat search as a Constitutional violation, no matter how hard I try to empathize with that viewpoint.

S&F Rogers, my friend, for critically thinking, bringing actual facts to the table, and thinking outside of the MSM box! Kudos for that!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I agree bro.... big sham....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
OP, you're right, and it's really about submission and humiliation, not stopping "terrorism"...

I was listening to a radio show Friday and the guy made a case for your chances of getting on a plane with a terrorist or bomb, the chances of you winning the Powerball two weeks in a row are greater

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
FINALLY....!

Some sanity.

I absolutely agree.
It makes you wonder why the hell an educated intelligent man like Bin Laden would make his sworn enemy even more in control then they already are...

Hidden agenda... Doesn't ism make it a political ideology Terrorism a.k.a. A government that rules with tyranny.
As they are the only ones with a clear motive and they are the only ones that benefit.
edit on 11/22/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
TSA =

T errorizing
S overeign
A mericans

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Given all the stuff happening in Texas, I just had to dig this thread out and give it a bump.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The lists of "terrorists" caught by TSA must be HUGE by now!

Is it up from "0" yet?

new topics

top topics

join