It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and Metaphysics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

Its funny to see cats doing dog things and dogs doing cat things.

My dog licks her paws constantly and it reminds me of a cat. She also recognizes emotion, very quickly, and you can see it on her face as some self consciousness (for instance, her puttng up her paw to get food when im eating. I'll usually give her a piece of chicken or some vegetables. But if im not ready, and i find her acting greedy, she turns her head but from the side of her eye still look at me, somewhat self conscious).
edit on 28-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

That sounds cute. She sounds intuitive.

When my dog knew she did something wrong and I would just stop and look at her like "what are you doing?" She would get a peak in between her eyebrows and her brows would shift as she would try to inconspicuously look at me... then look away... then look back at me... then look away... then look at me... then look away...then go lay down with a sigh. She was not very good at staring contests.

Oh, how I miss the ol girl.

If I don't watch out I'm going to make myself sad.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Oliver is so very cute. I'm the same way, I sympathize with the animals more most of the time. I can't say if it's right or wrong. I guess it depends on what the situation is, and how the person or animal got themselves there, or if it's no fault of there own. It might also be the relationships we've had with people that might not have been as honest, or real as the ones we've had with pets.
I guess what we are is the end result of our relationships and experiences. Although remembering back when I was a kid, my dad had to get me my own TV, just so he could watch his western shows. I got too upset about the horses, when the cowboys got shot......

All these little dogs, were man made, they really need our care now. We took the independent wolf, coyote, fox , tiny canines, and turned them into breeds of tiny house dogs. Now if TSHTF in any way, they become prey without our care. My shihtzu tries to copy my cat, they are both the same size, so he identifies with it.

My little shihtzu is my baby these days. Pic on top of page 3. I take him everywhere I can. He loves truck rides, which is nice, because the other 2 are very nervous in a vehicle. They want to stay home. My big dogs are still close enough to their roots, that they are quite independent, and could defend themselves and probably me if it ever came about. Even my 19 year old cat would be more able to take care of herself if she had to. These little dogs don't have the defense of size, or tree climbing, or anything. It's all up to the owner to keep them safe from everything. They're so vulnerable.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
She would get a peak in between her eyebrows and her brows would shift as she would try to inconspicuously look at me... then look away... then look back at me... then look away... then look at me... then look away...then go lay down with a sigh. She was not very good at staring contests.

Lol my dog does the same thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I love this thread. I am a dog fanatic, and treat them like people. I will stop and talk to a dog. Yeah, i know it doesn't understand me. But i am humored by their response. I tend to talk to most animals, just to see how they will respond...for my own amusement.

But dogs have this place in my heart. I have two currently. A doxy/pit mix, and a chihuahua/rat terrier mix.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Bachrk

Oliver is so very cute. I'm the same way, I sympathize with the animals more most of the time. I can't say if it's right or wrong. I guess it depends on what the situation is, and how the person or animal got themselves there, or if it's no fault of there own. It might also be the relationships we've had with people that might not have been as honest, or real as the ones we've had with pets.
I guess what we are is the end result of our relationships and experiences. Although remembering back when I was a kid, my dad had to get me my own TV, just so he could watch his western shows. I got too upset about the horses, when the cowboys got shot......

All these little dogs, were man made, they really need our care now. We took the independent wolf, coyote, fox , tiny canines, and turned them into breeds of tiny house dogs. Now if TSHTF in any way, they become prey without our care. My shihtzu tries to copy my cat, they are both the same size, so he identifies with it.

My little shihtzu is my baby these days. Pic on top of page 3. I take him everywhere I can. He loves truck rides, which is nice, because the other 2 are very nervous in a vehicle. They want to stay home. My big dogs are still close enough to their roots, that they are quite independent, and could defend themselves and probably me if it ever came about. Even my 19 year old cat would be more able to take care of herself if she had to. These little dogs don't have the defense of size, or tree climbing, or anything. It's all up to the owner to keep them safe from everything. They're so vulnerable.

When i brought my dog and my cousins dog on his boat at the lake, they were so scared, cowering underneath the chair. It was funny but also sad

It is true. Dogs like that are pretty much defenseless. I think dogs in generanl cant survive without human beings. Like my dog is big and could fend for herself. But she gets ear infections all the tme. If she didnt have us to clean her ears she would go deaf, or even worse, die from the infection spreading.

Thats another thing about dogs. If their ears hurt, they scratch it. which causes it to bleed, which makes the infection all the more worse.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join