It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you have Astral Projections (OOBEs)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Alright, just had an AP again.

So for all those who practice AP or experience OOBEs, I'm just wondering, how often do you have these experiences?

And one more thing, the immediate environment around my room (once I get out of body) is made of of different shades/hues of blue, with some bright white objects and occasional patches of dark black areas.
Other (higher?) realms or worlds seems to have their own palette of colors, but my room is always seen as if I had blue visors/glasses (whether I am projecting during the day or during the night).

So my question is, in what colors is your room "painted" when you AP?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RKallisti

Although I have never gotten out, I did catch a glimpse - mine was shades of gray. Fuzzy gray, like an energy. It was weird.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I nearly got out consciously once, but all that spinning and whooshing in my ears freaked me out and I pulled out of it, after fighting for what seemed ages against some kind of paraysis.
I came to with a hell of a jolt.

I did, however, find myself in the middle of my mate's living room when I was sleeping on his couch one night.
I was in a kind of foetal position slowly turning head over heels and everything had a blueish kind of haze with some details (Outlines?) in lighter shades than others.

I'm sure it's happened a few times to me, but I tend to forget the details on waking.

P.S.

Does anyone know of a smoother, less freaky way of achieving externalisation?
I'd love to check out the Moon and Phobos.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: to add PS

edit on 21-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: And pore sbelyng

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I've had 3 "full" ones in my life. I practice lucid dreaming, but, when I did project, nothing looked different, everything was the color it was supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not often. I never had one

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have had some weird experiences meditating, some I can't explain or even quite comprehend, but I will tell you one thing, the only time I have ever OBE or AP was when I was 4 years old, I was getting my appendix out and all i remember is being able to move where ever I wanted too. I remember not being able to walk, but once I OBE, I remember being thankful for being able to move around without pain.

I am 18 now, I have had some-what the same experiences, but never full out like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've never had one (that I know of) but I've had a few lucid dreams. I've also had several experiences where I felt like I had been dropped from a height and fallen onto my bed, which I have read is supposed to be how you feel like when you end an OOBE. It's a really weird feeling, like I've been dropped from a horizontal position a few feet above my bed and then crash into it; I can almost swear I feel the bed bounce when this happens, but I think that's got to be in my head. Anyway, those are the closest I've ever come, but I've also never consciously tried to have any of these experiences, either.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Mine was white/gray. Kind of creepy really. But when I actually enter the demensions..... it is like Earth only more fancy and better. ~Nod~ If I went into detail on what I see up there I fear that I'll have blah, blah crap later on in the night stalking me like I already have right now. Damn entities that seem omnious -_-

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've only had 2 experiences that I know of. I feel like when I dream, that I might "go somewhere", but that's unknown. The first time, was when I was 6 or 7, I saw myself fall down the basement stairs. I was fully together though, when I landed at the bottom all bruised up.

The last time was just a few months back, I was dreaming that I was out in my driveway in the middle of the night, with a couple of other people talking, when my dog who was sleeping on the bed, started barking like crazy, toward the driveway. As I was waking, it looked like the ceiling was too close and all swirly like, almost like I came through it. Everything was all in a reddish brown color. It was hard to wake up, and then to settle down the dog, who was barking in the direction of where I was in my dream.
Like he sensed me out there......

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Lucid dreams---countless times.
Sleep paralyzed---once, maybe twice
Full OOBE----none

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I lucid dream somewhat frequently, though often not to the point where I'm fully aware, more just able to control myself not the dream. I have had sleep paralysis a few times, once about a week ago (but never long enough to really scare me). As far as full blown OBE or AP, I would say the only time I can nearly assure myself it happened was when I went under general anesthesia. The most I remember is floating above my body and then looking down at the table. I'm really intrigued though and have been studying them for a few years now, and am going to get more serious about attempting achieving it of my own volition.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Alright, thank you all for the replies thus far.

I just thought (I don't know why) that I'd find more people here having frequent AP experiences. But it seems it is not something so common. I actually thought I'd get more APs than lucid dreams. Go fiigure...

I started practicing AP about... one year and a half ago. I had very little progress then, but I can assure you that when I had my first conscious premeditated and willed OOBE, then I knew it was really real and I knew it was possible. And that gave me all the hope I needed to carry on.
Anyways, for a variety of reasons after having had my first couple APs back then, and after trying and trying but meeting no success (other than just getting to the vibratory/noise/tremor state), I quit trying altogether.
But then about two months ago I was drawn to it again and they just started happening almost naturally, and I became a lot more efficient at it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ah! So there's hope for me yet.

I gave up for a few years, and since deciding to try it again without success, I was beginning to wonder if the years had somehow closed the doors a little tighter since my teens (I'm now approaching my 51st).
I just hope that when I do get out it won't be my last time and I can come back to tell the tale

The methods I used were the usual ones where you do deep breathing, deep relaxation, and imagine the tingling from the toes upwards.
Then I'd lose all awareness of my physical body and felt like a speck of consciousness in an infinate void.
Then I would either visualise myself as steam rising from my body, or imagine a small light in the back of my head, or that I was spinning down a tunnel.
That's when stuff started happening, but as soon as I thought 'Hey, this is working', it would stop and I'd return to full consciousness again.

Like I said before, the only time I almost reached the point of no return so to speak I lost my bottle and pulled out of it.
I think it may be some kind of survival instinct kicking in at that point, perhaps a fear of dying or something.

Anyway, if it's not too personal a question, what kind of stuff do you get up to when you're out, and what kind of environments do you find yourself in?
Can you go to other planets for instance, or are you bound within the confines of the Earth sphere?
Do you go through the 'Hades' experience or are you just floating around and milling about?

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I achieved OOBE once in just a split second probably.

will work on it when Im feeling less earth bounded.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I had my first look from 'outside' last week.
I have been trying for ages, but always get a knee jerk (left knee), which interupts.

When it happened, I was looking down at myself from what appeared to be the ceiling but many
times higher that a usual ceiling. My body was lying on its side,
But there were 3-4 things moving around the head, and the left and right sides of the bed!
The colours were mostly grey and black.
2-3 or the things were large and like black smoke, another was a little grey alien looking thing, but changing to a whiter colour. While watching these things, to see what they were doing, I snapped back and that was it.
I want to try again, but those things around my shell, were kind of freaky to see.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Anyway, if it's not too personal a question, what kind of stuff do you get up to when you're out, and what kind of environments do you find yourself in? Can you go to other planets for instance, or are you bound within the confines of the Earth sphere? Do you go through the 'Hades' experience or are you just floating around and milling about?

"what kind of stuff do you get up to when you're out"
I don't think I understand that question...

As for the other questions:

The environment I find myself into is in my bedroom (and I've tried it in different bedrooms, all where consistent with the original pattern/structure of the actual room with perhaps some minor details and different color schemes). This is when I would hover from above looking at my body on the bed.
The other environment, whenever I open a "wormhole", is in space, stars, void, and more stars.

I am not familiar with the "Hades" experience.

And yes, I have been to another planet. Only once so far.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti
Alright, just had an AP again.

So for all those who practice AP or experience OOBEs, I'm just wondering, how often do you have these experiences?

And one more thing, the immediate environment around my room (once I get out of body) is made of of different shades/hues of blue, with some bright white objects and occasional patches of dark black areas.
Other (higher?) realms or worlds seems to have their own palette of colors, but my room is always seen as if I had blue visors/glasses (whether I am projecting during the day or during the night).

So my question is, in what colors is your room "painted" when you AP?

golden dots with a whitsh blueshish wave.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I have only once seen a black creature coming out from the wall and extending its arms towards my head as I looked from above. Upon seeing this, though I tried to keep calm, I immediately returned to my body. So yes, it can be quite creepy at times.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I think you pretty much answered my question regarding 'what you get up to.'
I'm aware that many occultists have various reasons for doing what they do, and have no wish to divulge that info to others for reasons of theiir own.
What I meant was what do you do? Do you have a specific reason for getting out, or do you just like to do it for the experience?
But you generally answered that, so moving on.........

I read about the Hades thing in a book on OOBEs, where in order to get to the 'higher' realms, one has to go through a level where discarnate and lost souls or shades and psychic vampires etc reside.
Apparently, many travellers have been through this place and it has been a terrifying experience for them.
According to the book I read, these entities are unable to harm us though, as long as we keep a level head and don't freak out (Not one of my strongest points).
I think it may have been a book called 'The projection of the astral body' by either Sylvian Monroe (Or is it Muldoon?), or Robert Crookall, though it was so long ago, that my memory fails me somewhat.

I have had a few experiences where I feel as though I've been pulled out of my body during a dream which was about to turn into a nightmare, but I was always so terrified by the nightmare in the first place, that I always resisted, much to my disappointment on waking, and I also had a whizzing through the stars experience, possibly not unlike yours on one of these occasions, when something grabbed my wrists and pulled me up wards while I was groping in the dark during one of those dreams.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: To further clarify

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illegal Alien

I think you pretty much answered my question regarding 'what you get up to.'
I'm aware that many occultists have various reasons for doing what they do, and have no wish to divulge that info to others for reasons of theiir own.
What I meant was what do you do? Do you have a specific reason for getting out, or do you just like to do it for the experience?
But you generally answered that, so moving on.........

I'll clear it out if you want...
I do it for exploration, for the seeking of knowledge. And finally, I do it for the experience itself.

The reason why many do not divulge anything, is simply because other people cannot understand it (unless they too have experienced it).
Plus, many experiences are of only personal relevance and wouldn't mean much of a thing to others.

And just in case, I am not an occultist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join