It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Must watch* NY councilman blows the lid off of naked X-Ray scanners and TSA corruption

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

"TSA should be worried more about scanning packages under planes, than scanning packages under your pants"

Classic.

Anyways, is anyone gonna deny the corruption, or are they gonna say, well, it is better than the rest of the world lol..

You just got scammed with hundreds of millions of dollars

You know I was locked up a month ago, and a scam artist was locked up in the same cells, he was telling his little story of how he was scamming people, this reminds me of his stories

I feel sorry for the American people now.

First I was enraged by them for being ignorant and arrogant, now I see that they are also the victims

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I recently went on holiday from the UK with my family and none of us had to go through the naked body scanner apart from my 5 year old niece

These things need to be banned fast!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

This is like last year. They tried to push swine flu panic to sell vaccines. This year it's terror panic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Not sure what to make of any of this. Heard a lot of different reasons, but none make any sense. I posted a vid below about how Muslim women will not get groped, below the neck...not sure if this is true. I know a lot of people are angry about it regardless. I mean, honestly what the hell was the point then?
edit on 22-11-2010 by sonia74 because: messed up a link

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Wear a Burqa...no groping

Sorry one more time....

Have you guys heard about this? Is it really true?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonia74

First time adding a vid...hope it works.

Have you seen this? Or heard about it?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SL55T0T0

Thank you very much

I'll get the hang of it eventually!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Next steps:

1. Upgrade version 1 scanners cost xxx'000'000
2. Get new scanners for luggage yyy'000'000
3. Get new scanners for aircrafts z'000'000'000
4. Get new scanners for kerosene zzz'000'000
5. Get new scanners for catering services xyz'000'000
6. Get scanners for you name it

Wanna bet ?

Buy shares of scanner manufacturers. (If they will let you buy any, since the business is too lucractive in the near future).

Wanna ri-bet ?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
I heard that the company that makes these scanners is the same company that works heavily with the Air Force Research Laboratory, and specializes in Drone technology (L3 Communications).

Its actually a smart plan on their part.

1.) Make a machine that can scan our bodies biometrics and keep a record of them

2.) Implement those machines into the Airport systems on behalf of "terrorism prevention" in order to scan a multitude of people

3.) Make the alternative security pat-downs extremely harsh so more people just decide to get scanned.

4.) Send the scan information to L3 branches and implement them into future drone technology for the research and development of being able to locate someone from an unmanned Drone plane by the means of biometric matching.

Link Between TSA Scans and Air Force Drones
edit on 21-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: add link

Damn! Stop giving them ideas!

//sarcasm

Seriously though, these scanners were not good when they started in just a couple airports - I called BS on it then and this just goes to show you that people will accept these scans for the sake of getting through quicker to their terminal. A business man needs to make his 3pm flight and is running late... "Hmm... take a nice, long, thorough & uncomfortable pat down, or quickly walk through a scanner and have your naked body recorded and watched by whomever.... scanner it is!"

It's sickening... use trains and subways. Longer ride but cheaper and no search or scan needed. Either that or contribute to this sickening BS.

It's the masses call here, and my faith in the masses on a 1-10 scale is [for the most part] a 1 or 2 (meaning they believe the government like scripture and that scripture reads 'In our government we trust.'

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if someone wore a cup in preparation of the pat-down?

I think these scanners and 'enhanced' pat-downs should be banned. Those who have been subjected to them should sue and/or file sex crime charges against TSA workers as an individual, not a government employee. The defense of "I was ordered to do this for my job," would not apply. If no one wants to risk working for the TSA, maybe something will change.

On another note, the TSA could have used a fraction of the money they spent to buy these ineffective scanners to train more bomb-sniffing dogs. This would have actually increased security rather than give the appearance of higher security.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
id love to have to go through screening with a huge boner. then i'd just laugh and say "go ahead. pat me down."

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Nice find! This information needs to get to all Americans so they can see WHY the government wants to fry their DNA with X-rays. They have no right to do this of course. Anybody that says they do is a joke! Homeland Security was made for the American people who are waking up to the new world order every day! Keep waking up new people to this issue and others. We must NEVER let up on this story until the policies are changed. If they don't change it then this starts the peaceful revolution to take back our country from the scumbags in charge right now. We will win if everybody keeps teaching others, getting new friends on ATS and facebook and handing out DVDs and websites to EVERYBODY they meet! Keep up the good work out there!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

It's really funny when I look at your other posts and they are all pro TSA melestation and body scanner. I guess you wouldn't mind if your son, daughter, wife or girlfriend was man handled by TSA huh. I guess you didn't listen to your founding fathers that said NEVER give up liberty for "secruity" because you'll get NEITHER.

I think your motivations are VERY clear here. Funny how 97% of Americans don't want to be groped for fried by x-rays but YOU apparently LOVE it! LOL

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

It's really funny when I look at your other posts and they are all pro TSA melestation and body scanner. I guess you wouldn't mind if your son, daughter, wife or girlfriend was man handled by TSA huh. I guess you didn't listen to your founding fathers that said NEVER give up liberty for "secruity" because you'll get NEITHER.

I think your motivations are VERY clear here. Funny how 97% of Americans don't want to be groped for fried by x-rays but YOU apparently LOVE it! LOL

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Face it folks. You are not going to bring about change without giving up a little comfort and convenience -- something that is an anathema to the "American way".

You are in a dilemna. You have given free reign to the corporate oligarchy so long as they continued to provide you with ever increasing stuff to toy with and enjoy. Now they see you as wimps at their mercy. They now can make profits over you making stuff that gives distress instead of fun.

Whoops, how did that happen? Maybe its time that you stood back and took a second look at that "anything goes" free enterprise system, that has gone wild and destructive with power, and consider a more morals based society, where care for those less fortunate, and consideration for the well being of everyone and the planet has some sway.

I'm just saying, you get what you deserve. If you value materialism over values and well-being, then this is what you get. Huge multinational corporations that see you, the average person as a means to profit and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We could make flying easier and more interesting if we would just fly NAKED!

No, seriously. It is time for someone to present a real solution.

I would advocate the airlines have each passenger to go into large rooms, separated by sex, with private stalls. Disrobe, except underware, and put on a disposible paper suit (coveralls) for the flight. Nothing could be carried onto the plane save for a paper bag they give you for your clothes. While in the changing room, inspectors, of the same sex, would be keeping track of those inside. They would not have to watch each move everyone made; someone trying to hide contriband could be easily detected.

At the end of the flight, passengers would repeat the changing of clothes and be on their way.

This may not be the best solution, but we have to find something better than what we now have.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Or, we could all just do ourselves in and, being no people left, there would be no problem.

There comes a point where life becomes not worth it if you have to go to such extremes. I gotta admit I got a good laugh when at first I thought you advocating total nakedness (before you talked about overalls).

Now that would be interesting -- gross, but interesting.

A couple of brave souls have said they would just drop their drawers in front of everybody to get the body search done and over with. I do believe that that tactic would work to highlight the ludicrousness of this policy if enough people actually did that. I honestly believe it would end the nonsense quicker than anything.
edit on 11/22/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

(T)ypical
(S)cared
(A)merican
You may think you have NO FEAR as that saying goes. The truth is... you are eaten up with it. Especially the ones that think they are in power or say they do not have fear.
Fighting Terrorism with Terrorism = More terrorism
Fighting Fear with Fear= More fear

You do realize it works in reverse. You have heard the saying. "The more laws there are the more lawlessness you will have"
The more you hide the more that will be found. Top Secret = Increased Exposure (wiki-leaks) and wikileaks is just the tip of the iceberg of what could be exposed by others that know.

As the Tao says...
Let go of fixed plans and concepts,
and the world will govern itself.

The more prohibitions you have,
the less virtuous people will be.
The more weapons you have,
the less secure people will be.
The more subsidies you have,
the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
let go of the law,
and people become honest.
let go of economics,
and people become prosperous.
let go of religion,
and people become serene.
let go of all desire for the common good,
and the good becomes common as grass.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

There are 2 types of body scanners xray and ultrasound, why aren't we using the ultrasound? Follow the money trail, L3 makes the body scanner that does not use Xray!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join