It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life without the mark.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by Elliot
Surveillance, 'the Mark', all of these things depend on electricity, power, radio transmissions etc.

It is a very fragile and 'breakable' system that can easily be illiminated with the flick of a switch.

The day people decide enough is enough there will be nothing the powers that be can do to stop power stations and their transmission of control being eliminated permanently!

Two weeks ago, a large amount of super markets in the UK could not sell anything except if people had cash to buy with as the 'system' went down! It was a busy saturday afternoon and if you had no cash, you had NO food!

The day the electricity does the same is the day we are all FREE!
We'll just have a different batch of problems to deal with but it will happen, sooner or later, and one way or another.

Sometimes the world needs to go backwards, to go forwards!

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Your town has cables, either strung-up or buried, connecting it to other towns. When the "beast-state" appears, find them and cut them.

Of course, they'll probably "make an example" out of the first couple towns to do this.

edit on 21-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Find them and cut them ----- without getting electrocuted????????

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You want food without an implanted chip?

Get a garden and grow your own vegetables. Raise sheep and chickens for meat.
edit on 21-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If we are going to assume there is a mark of beast at all, I ask you.....why do you want to live in "their" world? How do you even function? The right thing to do is die a martyr because that is your only other option if you choose not to take the mark.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalKnowledge

I was thinking the same thing. I'm in the US though so the UK would be quite the trip. I would love to learn these things as well but just reading about them makes it tough. I want to go practice.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

if it comes to that , it'll have to be done and i'm not gonna pretend i'll enjoy it , but it's a lot more tolerable than confessing that the beast system is better than Gods' system. Obviously i'll try to survive as long as I can as my body is geared towards survival at all costs.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The first thing you have to figure out is what is this 'mark' going to be?

RFID chip? Doubtful as there are too many people that don't want to be tracked at all hours.

But what about something creative? Something that's technologically awesome and can bring many functions of your life together?

Something like this?

Then, when the 'mark' is in full use and required to exist, there will be rebels. What can be done to force you to take it? If you're given the option of death or the mark, how many people will realistically choose death?

So you hit the road. Doesn't do any good to go into hiding, they'll find you anyway. The war of attrition will begin until everyone is rooted out. And you're the last person.

The only option is to fight.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
One of the first things I would do is get a copy of Tom Brown's Wilderness Field Guide To Wilderness Survival. More specifically get a book on your local plants and find out which are edible and medicinal. Other than that, a BOB bag, a good knife and a gun or 2, and I am reminded of a thread here describing the benefits of an air gun just in case things are really bad and you don't want to give your location away while acquiring food.

Book

Also, our Survival forum has some awesome threads and info:
ATS Survival Threads

Peace,
spec
edit on 21-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
The first thing you have to figure out is what is this 'mark' going to be?

RFID chip? Doubtful as there are too many people that don't want to be tracked at all hours.

But what about something creative? Something that's technologically awesome and can bring many functions of your life together?

Something like this?

Then, when the 'mark' is in full use and required to exist, there will be rebels. What can be done to force you to take it? If you're given the option of death or the mark, how many people will realistically choose death?

So you hit the road. Doesn't do any good to go into hiding, they'll find you anyway. The war of attrition will begin until everyone is rooted out. And you're the last person.

The only option is to fight.

thats a very interesting link. Havent seen that one before.
The mark , whatever it will be , is an inevitability , simply because people lose bank cards , credit card fraud , and the whole identity / security thing , but i think it be introduced as something that is necessary rather than it being an option. I think maybe this economy thing will get so bad that it will collapse , and it would be introduced as a mandatory thing.
All I'm doing is thinking ahead. The way the economy is running at the minute , it unsustainable , Its crazy , and the bible , I believe , has talked about this for a very long time. The NWO and the beast system are one and the same

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

I understand. We are all geared by survival, some more than others. There is some irony in all of this though. The "mark of the beast" is a bible concept found in revelation. This is Satan's last attempt at seducing all the souls through the implementation of technology. If you can't see that you already fail. At this point it becomes a spiritual battle, not a physical one. You wanna bring a gun to fight spirits? LOL

edit on 11/21/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Find them and cut them ----- without getting electrocuted????????

Data cables wouldn't be dangerous. And you could cut live powerlines with the right precautions.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reconciler

We lost the hunter / gatherer skills. Its time to re-educate ourselves.
I have a feeling we might be needing them...............

Speak for yourself buddy. No offense but if you've let your hunter/gatherer skills diminish then that's your own fault. It's wrong to go asking for a 'dummies guide to wilderness survival' handbook from others who will know what to do when the time comes and will need every ounce of hard earned experience they've built up. Get out there and start learning now if you want to see if you can handle it.

In saying that, in a post NWO landscape there would be very few who could truly survive for any decent length of time and you sure as heck won't find them on here - or anywhere in the 'civilised' world for that matter. They're out there right now treading the fine line between life and death everyday in the planets harshest conditions. The rest of us might last a month or two if we're lucky but in all honesty, when you're not only trying to survive the natural pitfalls of living in desolate no-mans-land but running the gauntlet of multiple teams of elite NWO black-op rangers and heat/sound/biometric arial scanners over your heads with satelite link up systems in operation 24/7 there aint a whoile lot you can do other than to fight and keep fighting until your very last breath.

What was the length of time we need to survive before the world is 'safe' again? Seven years wasnt it? Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
One of the first things I would do is get a copy of Tom Brown's Wilderness Field Guide To Wilderness Survival. More specifically get a book on your local plants and find out which are edible and medicinal. Other than that, a BOB bag, a good knife and a gun or 2, and I am reminded of a thread here describing the benefits of an air gun just in case things are really bad and you don't want to give your location away while acquiring food.

Very good advice right there in regards to learning plant properties. Just to add to that last part though, i'd prefer and recommend a bow over an air rifle in hostile territory any day. Deadly silent, highly effective and renewable ammo combined with easy repairs and minimal carry-on weight makes the bow the ultimate tool in stealthful wilderness survival.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
survival in the modern era... by WJjeeper

whether your running from the new world order, or the feds are after you for cracking open a huge conspiracy... you gotta know how to survive in this day and age.

first you have to find an ideal location to run and hide (prefferably withtin 8 hrs driving time from where you live) the ideal location is at about 1200 - 2000 ft above sea level, however you want to be able to make a quick break to the big mountains if at all possible (4000 - 7000ft). higher mountains will provide for an almost constant source of fresh water, small/big game, and fish.

second, you wanna be close enough to civilization to go and TAKE what you need in case of an absolute emeregency.

third, you need some sort of protection - get yourself a gun while you still can. a bow and arrow will suffice, but a combinatin of the two allows for both silent kills, and a faster kill at longer ranges. i chose a 12ga shotgun with a smoothbore barrel for woods/urban protection. your best rounds are going to be 3" 00 buckshot for bear, 2 3/4 00 buckshot/slug defense round for human critters, and some nice medium weight birdshot for squirells and birds, i am also quite fond of rifled slugs for a longer range kill.

ditch all sorts of modern technology (cell phones, laptop,anything electronic except flashlights and a handcrank radio) gonna have to ditch your vehicle to. chances are if its newer the computer in your vehicle could be manually shut down.

always have your bug out bag ready and enough gas in your tank to get you out of town.

once again location is KEY, my best advise is to find yourself a migratory triangle or square. it will keep you moving and you most likely wont be found... you wont freeze or starve either.

i have survived the mountains of northern nevada for many years. there is your hint... and sorry if none of this helped or was informative.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thanks guys.
Wished i lived in somewhere that had thousands of miles to get lost in. Ireland is a little different in this regard

Also , we cant just walk into a store and buy a gun here as there are no gun shops. The IRA etc... get them via other methods.
I can however get a crossbow , but in the length of time it would take me to learn how to track , kill , clean and cook an animal , i'll probably have digested a small countrys weight in berries and mushrooms

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconciler
Thanks guys.
Wished i lived in somewhere that had thousands of miles to get lost in. Ireland is a little different in this regard

Also , we cant just walk into a store and buy a gun here as there are no gun shops. The IRA etc... get them via other methods.
I can however get a crossbow , but in the length of time it would take me to learn how to track , kill , clean and cook an animal , i'll probably have digested a small countrys weight in berries and mushrooms

if i were in your position i would get my hands on whatever weapons i could (bow and arrow, maces,spears,knives,swords,blow gun, you can even make pipe bombs out of match heads and battery acid from D-cells). there are lots of really good traps (figure 4, sling, weight and hammer) you could catch food with. im sure theres plenty of fish in ireland! you could always try to follow the coastline, find a nice river or creek to follow to higher ground, or try to find snow, then get comfortable with your surroundings. i already have literally hundreds of places to hide. im sure ireland is more limited, but theres always a place to run to that they wont find you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

The mark , whatever it will be , is an inevitability , simply because people lose bank cards , credit card fraud , and the whole identity / security thing , but i think it be introduced as something that is necessary rather than it being an option. I think maybe this economy thing will get so bad that it will collapse , and it would be introduced as a mandatory thing.

That would be a negative. I think the only way to do this is to start it as an option then move it to a necessity. Flu shots are optional and millions get them every year. What shots are REQUIRED as an adult? (I exclude child vaccinations for obvious reasons... the child hasn't a choice..)... If a shot were REQUIRED, the rebellion would be at hand.

Give people the illusion of choice and you can play them into your game without them even knowing it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

you think it would be so hard for "them" to force an ID system on us?

1) say the united states was hit by a multitiude of nukes ...bad news. our infrastructure is destroyed and there is no way to identify the people that have survived. bam, there you go... ID system in place.

2) people backlash because optional flu shots, tyranical leaders, there will be war across the globe when the mark comes. there will riots in the streets across the world... ever heard of global martial law? global genocide?

theres many scenarios that the mark could be easily forced upon us, to many to name. but if you read in revelations there are many plagues that get set upon man before the mark is set in place and forced upon us.

all the seals breaking and the trumpets blowing... its crazy.

this gets in to my whole NWO conspiracy and this is not really the thread for it.
edit on 23-11-2010 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by WJjeeper because: my typing really sucks.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deniedtruth

as a young man who has lived in the mountains his whole life, i do not agree with your statement. ive lived in the woods for a month or so at a time with relative ease. if you put yourself in the right places and you have your # together it will be generally very difficult for those black-op ranger death squads to find you. im in no way a survival expert, but i know when the time comes, i will have my bug out bag ready,guns and ammo a plenty, jeep packed full of food and water, along with a couple of friends ive known since i was in 3rd grade (and my wifey of course).

there are plenty of places to run, you just have to learn how to hide... wich is not as easy to do as running. my point, stay on the move.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is a great thread & timely too. I’ve kind of stumbled into the whole matter of Government control plans, FEMA camps, bio-chipping etc. What got me interested was my doctor telling me that our health care system is broken, but not to worry, because in 2011 every American will have Government provided health care. That really sent off alarm bells in my head, because that means big government controlling it. I realized that they’d need a way to register everyone and ensure against fraud. What better way then bio-chipping or at least National ID? I’ve begun to seriously look into things that are happening all around us & I can see the Government slowly tightening the noose after setting the stage for control of the American people. I’ve found documentation that our driver’s license, ATM & health care cards will all be combined into one card. So freedom of mobility, access to money & health care access will all be centrally controlled. The article also said that those unified smart cards would be equipped with GPS, for tracking or finding an individual wanted by the government.

I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but I don’t think living completely off the land & remaining undiscovered will be as easy as some say. Anyone serious about living outside the coming system of control may wish to read, “How to live off-grid: journeys outside the system” by Nick Rosen.

A couple of weeks ago, the History channel was airing several end times type programs called, The Nostradamus Effect & one of those was a survivalist that was showing how we could exist outside the government system. What he was saying really makes a lot of sense. Like when traveling, keep off the roads. And be aware that walking around town with a backpack on would be a huge mistake.

Just remember that our government has been preparing for this take over for decades. No doubt, some really knowlidgeable outdoorsmen or survivalists could last quite a while. But the average Joe? Forget about it. We’re up against professionals…. the U.S. government & military, plus their technology. And as another contributor mentioned, we’ve lost our abilities to fend for ourselves in the wilderness. 99% of us are soft, conditioned to go to the supermarket to buy our food. Devising transportation without access to gas would be impossible for most of us. Yes, there are those few guys that have the ingenuity, time & money to tinker with an old truck & get it to run on potato peels. But the average citizen? We’re addicted to our creature comforts and easily get discouraged if we’re inconvinenced by cold, or even worse deep snow. How would the average citizen successfully fend for himself in the wild for an undetermined length of time? Imagine how building a fire could give your location away.

I agree that this holocaust is coming to America soon. The plans, facilities and technology are already in place. We must start thinking realistically about surviving if our choice is to remain outside the government’s control. Or as Christians would term it, the Antichrist’s sytem of world controls. Interesting that there are plans to create a united North America. The currency is already been created & is called Ameros. Just another step towards the predicted one world government. I know people that are stockpiling supplies, medicines, water purification systems, guns, ammo etc. And no doubt they’ll be able to hold out longer then me, but I seriously doubt that they will successfully live outside the system as long as they’d like to.

I was invited to a meeting in the Rancho Mirage, California home of a well-known national radio personality who was profiled on 60 Minutes back in the 80s. During that meeting she & her husband discussed a lot of what would be considered government conspiracy theories. 1) They mentioned that military bases were being closed down in preparation for use as prison camps for Americans. 2) They said that some of those overhead signs on the freeways contain sensors inside the metal framework that holds the signs. They said that those sensors track vehicle movements based on our license plate tags, which give where we live geographically in the U.S. So theoretically, a car driven by someone from NYC could get red-flagged for interception by police in Iowa. 3) They also told us that 3 hunters were using a friend’s cabin in a remote area and were startled late one night when there was a knock on the door. The hunters opened the door to see two sheriffs standing there. They asked the Sheriffs what they wanted & how they even knew they were in the cabin. The Sheriff’s told them that they were contacted by a government agency that reported that heat signatures were picked up on Satelitte in an area that was sensitive due to a government facility nearby. The really shocking thing about this is that the meeting was back in 1992! At the time I thought it all sounded crazy, and I noticed how more & more intense they got while sharing their information. To be honest, they came across as conspiracy theory kooks. But, now that I’m seeing all this stuff for myself, I’m a believer in what they were saying. One solid proof is the FEMA detention camps all across America.

Consider the following excerpt from an on-line article: "Since September 11 the Bush administration has implemented a number of interrelated programs that were planned in the 1980s under President Reagan. Continuity of Government (COG) proposals—a classified plan for keeping a secret “government-within-the-government” running during and after a nuclear disaster—included vastly expanded detention capabilities, warrantless eavesdropping, and preparations for greater use of martial law." Article link - www.projectcensored.org...

I’ve found some very disturbing information about Government plans for putting dissidents into those FEMA detention camps & other programs for controlling the American people. One source is “American Death Camps” by Samuel Foster. Mr. Foster claims to have been part of the group assembled for setting up much of our Government’s planned detention facilities. He gives a 15-point government agenda for controlling American’s that refuse to go along with the “new system” of government. I’ll only mention a few of those points below, anyone interested in reading the article can use the link provided at the end of this post. Consider the points below & how difficult sustained survival would be outside the system & off the grid.

1) Establish a network of prisons to deal with the estimated twenty million Americans who will not go along with the New America.
2) Gun owners will have their guns taken, by force if necessary, before many of the plans points are made operational.
3) Use the lists compiled by the FBI and NSA and round up all those men and women who have ever showed any inkling whatsoever in the constitution on civil rights. This especially includes gun-owners and religious persons.
4) Using lists obtained from grocery stores and banks, individuals with income spent in stockpiling of goods will also be rounded up and their property absconded.
5) The creation of mass crematoriums in Arizona, Texas, and Washington. The dead will no longer be buried, but will be sent to a place where they will be "cleansed."
6) The creation of a national police force with complete power.
Link - newsitez.com...

I wonder if the centralized police department might not offer rewards or bounties for information leading to the arrest of suspected dissidents. I could see people reporting unknown, suspicious looking folks. Or even worse, reporting people that they just don’t like or bear a gruge against. That was happening in Nazi Germany during WWII, neighbors reporting neighbors to the Gestapo just because they didn’t like them.

I read an article that states that U.S. troops are being psychologically conditioned & desensitized to deal very harshly with anyone suspected of being a dissident or sent to a detention camp. How are they being psychologically prepared to become America’s storm troopers? By being sent to duty stations in war torn & extremely violent areas like the Balkans. Check out this link - www.gold-eagle.com...

Also, German troops currently on duty in the U.S. Admitted one German Bundeswehr officer stationed at Holloman AFB, home now to the German Luftwaffe (Air Force) in America, "Don't you Americans know why your government keeps shipping out your American troops and bringing in more of us German troops? Your government knows that under martial law your American troops don't really want to fire upon you, but we Germans won’t have a problem!"
Link 1) - www.sodahead.com...
Link 2) - www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Retired FBI agent Ted Gunderson says the government has prepared 1,000 camps for its own citizens. He also says the government has stored 30,000 guillotines to murder its critics, and has stashed 500,000 caskets in Georgia and Montana for the remains. Why guillotines? "Because," he wrote in a report obtained by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups, "beheading is the most efficient means of harvesting body parts." Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...

Jesse Ventura’s Conspiracy Theory program recently filmed those plastic coffin containers stockpiled in Georgia. See this short video presentation - www.the-gates-of-hell.com...

Below are a few links to related articles:

Former Congressman Warns of Martial Law Camps In America
www.infowars.com...

Federal Government Taking Bids On Construction of Internment Camps
www.infowars.com...

CBS News report on America's detention camps - www.cbsnews.com...

American detentions camps and jail boxcars link - www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

New Legislation Authorizes FEMA Camps in U.S.
www.infowars.com...

C.I.A. Orders Arrest and Execution of Christians in the USA
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Concentration Camp Plans for U.S. Citizens

Martial Law is coming to One City at a Time

Prison boxcars - www.wagthedog2010.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Surviving the NWO

"Don't forget nothin." Quote from Army Rangers in 1700

When martial law becomes reality in America, we will need to be resourceful. Whether the NWO uses microchipping or some other form of national ID system to monitor & control the population doesn't really matter. The issue would be whether a person chooses to accept that form of ID, or remain outside the system and fend for themself. If as predicted all forms of monetary transactions, healthcare, commerce, transportation & virtually every other aspect of life as we know it would come under the control of our upcoming centralized government. I'm sure everyone reading this has experienced the frustration of having their debit or credit card refused. Just imagine that being a permanent reality. What would it be like not to be able to enter a supermarket and fill up on groceries, or gas? I remember being homeless and broke, the experience of going into a grocery store and only having a couple of dollars to my name was horrible. I was hungry & surrounded by the sights and smells of food. I'd totally avoid the bakery, deli sections & within smelling distance of a hamburger stand.

So how would the average person survive without a job, money and any recourse to any human services? If living in the city, they would most likely have to resort to sleeping wherever they could, theft or bartering to get what they need. It certainly would not be a picnic to survive during that time. I can see how my individualism will create many problems, coz I'm a loaner & don't care for groups. But trying to survive on my own would be extremely difficult, especially if I became injured. I keep a backpack loaded with warm tops, a raincoat, first aid supplies, a survival knife, binoculars, tent, sunglasses, collapseable fishing rod, reel & lures, matches, sunburn lotion etc. But that is at best a band aid solution. I’ve often thought it would be wise to build a bunker for storing food & supplies, but how does a person with no property or money do that?

The more I think about the bigger picture of a centralized government controlled society, the more I distrust Big Brother. I saw a video report about FBI agents infiltrating protest groups and using disinformation to discredit them, it also showed masked men in New Orleans that citizens identified as undercover police. I assume most of you readers have heard reports of police killings of citizens in New Orleans after Katrina?

I am a Viet Nam Era vet who always believed our government. I served on 2 destroyers, but now I can’t get any assistance from the Veteran’s Affairs people at all. When I was homeless, I went to see the veteran’s representative at the local workforce center & I was given 5 bus tokens and a shaving kit.

Here are a few items to consider about the upcoming oppression of American citizens: The majority of water rights in the USA have been sold to foreign investors that could care less if we have water. Collecting rain in barrels will be against world law. All water and water rights on our soil will revert to the government. We will not be able to shower unless the government approves it.

What about electricity? There is a new smart electric national grid in the works. It sounds great to those who loose power during storms. Does it still sound great knowing the government controlled electric company can and will cut you off with the click of a mouse if you don't conform to new laws?

The government has been testing mass surveillence technologies at U.S. airports for years. The latest thing being the full body scanners. I was telling a friend the other day that those scanners would start popping up in more & more locations like banks & hospitals. Well, sure enough I read an article today about the scanners being planned for Federal bldgs. & Courthouses. If our government is using body pat downs & full body scanners now, imagine what it will be like under martial law? We could be put under Martial Law because of H1N1 Swine Flu. If National Guardsmen are blocking the roads off telling you to go home and stay there, how will you feed your family for more than 2 weeks? Check out this link about project food costs - www.infowars.com...

Food will become impossible to obtain during Martial Law. Ever heard of S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010? If accepted S 510 would preclude the public's right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice.
Summary Link - www.govtrack.us...

Did you know that a police swat team raided a family owned food co-op in Ohio? Article Link - www.crossroad.to...

Surviving the NWO will require rapid adaption to quickly changing social, economic, political, environmemtal, and political conditions. This forced-adaption will demand that survivors be strong, self-reliant and self-sustaining. This is not for the faint of heart. Survivors must be tough, experienced, practical, inventive, intuitive and, above all... adaptable. This is 'survival of the fittest' taken to the ultimate level.

There is overwhelming, undeniable evidence that the world will run out of food next year. When this happens, the resulting triple digit food inflation will lead panicking central banks around the world to dump their foreign reserves to appreciate their currencies and lower the cost of food imports, causing the collapse of the dollar, the treasury market, derivative markets, and the global financial system. The US will experience economic disintegration.

The government bailouts and central bank interventions, which have held the financial world together during the last two years, will be powerless to prevent the 2010 Food Crisis from bringing the global financial system to its knees.

Some basic forward-thinking things to remember are:
During an emergency, being calm will surely save your life and the life of many. Take control and be sure that you are in the right mind set. Panicking will not do you any good. It is important that you keep a sufficient amount of food and water supply, extra batteries and rechargeable lamps will also help in case of power interruption during this time. A first aid medicine kit should also be included on your list. You should also keep emergency numbers handy to make sure that you know who to call during this time. Have an emergency travel kit, which includes food, clothes and battery supplies. If you have a baby, make sure that you sufficient supply of baby products when you abandoned your place.

Always be alert and be up to date with what is going on by listening to the radio or television. In case of power interruption, you should have a battery operated radio to make sure that you can still listen and be updated of what is happening and for you to be able to listen for the official government instruction on what to do. Be patient and always listen first to the instruction given by your local emergency unit or government. During evacuation, always be prepared and pack light things in a small bag of necessary and personal belonging. Always follow the advised of your government official, especially when taking the route you will take in going to evacuation center.

Listening to updates and following instruction will save your life and the lives of your love ones as well. Most countries nowadays have an emergency plan, so do not hesitate to follow advices which your government official will tell you in times like this.

You might wish to stock up on boots, coats, garments, shoes and underwear. Visit your local thrift stores as well as watch the newspapers and flyers for local sales on the items you may need. If you are purchasing children's clothing be sure to obtain the items in graduated sizes. A good thought to keep in mind is as your children outgrow their clothing you may wish to pass them along to another.

Now is a good time to develop some traditional skills such as using a knife to build things, fire making, spinning, sewing, weaving, and perhaps even some cobbler skills. Obtain and store the needed tools necessary for each of these skills. Maintain a supply of sewing needles, thread, a sewing awl, etc. Learn how you can make a pair of sandals from old tires and how to craft a pair of moccasins. Although neither of these solutions will be the same as your new store bought boots at least they will be better than nothing at all.

Additional tools and supplies should include a good pair of scissors, yarn and even patterns of your choice. These patterns can be obtained for any clothing you so desire. You can obtain patterns for shirts, pants, shorts and jackets in all sizes to meet your family's needs. One suggestion on the shirt patterns, which you select, is that you choose the patterns that display pull over shirts since buttons and zippers will be difficult to obtain. Use stretch pants or those patterns, which utilize drawstrings. Save up lots and lots of thread and possibly a few thimbles, which could be a benefit for your fingers if sewing by hand. Needles and thread would certainly represent a good barter item and they really take up very little space. Since the cloth will be difficult to obtain, you may wish to purchase some plain colored sheets from the thrift stores or yard sales.

A well-stocked first aid kit should contain the following supplies:
• Antiseptic cream or ointment
• A variety of bandages and gauze
• Diarrhea medicine
• Hydrogen peroxide
• Pain medications
• Q-Tips
• Saline solution
• Scissors, tweezers and knife
• Sterile wipes as well as a suitable rinse solution
• Sunburn spray if your bug out is during the summer
• Tylenol or aspirin

Practical Survival Links Listed Below:

Build A Basic 3 Day Survival Kit - ezinearticles.com...

Captain Dave's Survival Guide - www.captaindaves.com...

Complete Outdoorsman's Handbook - www.noahs-archives.com...'s_Handbook.pdf

Preparedness Basics - www.noahs-archives.com...

Disaster scenario worksheet - www.noahs-archives.com...

Wound closing - www.noahs-archives.com...

Wilderness grooming - www.noahs-archives.com...

Mega Survival Guide - www.noahs-archives.com...

Survival Tips - www.survival-books.com...
Bow & arrows basics - www.noahs-archives.com...

Emergency Food Preparation - www.noahs-archives.com...

The Seven Major Mistakes in Food Storage - www.noahs-archives.com...

Buggin’ Out - www.noahs-archives.com...

Survivng in a cashless society - www.backwoodshome.com...

4 Uses For A Survival Knife - ezinearticles.com...

BRASS TACKS OF TRIBULATION PREPARATION - www.tribwatch.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join