It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life without the mark.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ok , forewarned is forearmed , and i think its best to have a plan , ahead of time , rather than wait till the sh*t hits the fan and then decide to make one up. I don't want to scaremonger , but I'd like to be ready if things go south.

If there comes a day when a " mark of the beast " style of electronic funds transfer system is put in place , I WON'T be taking it. If we are forced to choose between enslavement to avarice , or integrity , i choose integrity.

This throws up obvious problems like where will i get food from when I even need a permit to fish ? , and how can I get shelter in winter.

I guess this thread could also be asking for real , practical ways to survive completely without cash , in a cashless society where those who decide to rebel against the system are considered lawless and an enemy of the state.

Talkin John Connor handbook here.........

Most important thing is how to get food. If you get food , the rest can look after itself really. We lost the hunter / gatherer skills. Its time to re-educate ourselves.
I have a feeling we might be needing them...............

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If we divulge our plans in a public forum, wouldn't TPTB learn our methods, and then find a way of shutting us down, or hunting us out? Just wondering....

edit on 21-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Let me know when you find out, as it is, I doubt there is a way... everything has legislation applied to it to protect something or another... either business, the public or ourselves.

I'd love nothing more than to be able, when I desire, to live free of the burden of consumerism. But as it is, that does not appear possible. Not where I live anyway not without putting money I don't have in as an investment.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
"The Mark" is already all over the world and you missed it.

and www is just 666:

and there is more....just google a bit. "The Mark" is everywhere and I don't know what it means, btw. I don't fear God or Satan because I try to be a good man. And if the day of judgment comes, I am fine anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I really hope that's some kind of joke.

Every numerological association you find is a big stretch. WWW = World Wide Web

Equating a Hebrew letter with the Latin alphabet and then extrapolating that that Hebrew letter is associated with 6 and that a barcode start and end with a random 6 thrown in can somehow be equal to 666 which itself is a number without any real meaning more than we assign it...UGH.

It's so nonsensical and outside the bounds of any logic, that it really dampens my faith in humanity.

"The Mark" is everywhere because you look for it everywhere. Nothing more, nothing less.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Evanescence because: Change

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
the mark of the beast...the 666...and the anti-christ himself already came and went almost two thousand years ago.

the whole concept is undeniable that it is little more than code for the events of the time...Nero was the antichrist.

take a few moments and read up on the study done...its pretty mainstream.

I won't make a big post about the nearly perfect lineup of the "beast" and nero...nobody would read it anyhow..so sort of pointless.

my advice to the ops...if they come out with a handy implant or whatever you can opt in for convenience in finance control...simply don't get the implant...and if pigs fly and they force people to get it...meh, move to a different country that doesn't use it (I would also move mind you...not for being freaked out about a implant...I would actually like that...but rather the idea of the government forcing tech on me to begin with...but rather the principle behind it.)

however, I am a tech fan..I look forward to swarms of implants in myself..so long as I know exactly what each one does, and I can turn off and remove any of them at any time.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The day people decide enough is enough there will be nothing the powers that be can do to stop control being eliminated.

Two weeks ago, a large amount of super markets in the UK could not sell anything except if people had cash to buy with as the 'system' went down! It was a busy saturday afternoon and if you had no cash, you had NO food

edit on 21-11-2010 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Surveillance, 'the Mark', all of these things depend on electricity, power, radio transmissions etc.

It is a very fragile and 'breakable' system that can easily be illiminated with the flick of a switch.

The day people decide enough is enough there will be nothing the powers that be can do to stop power stations and their transmission of control being eliminated permanently!

Two weeks ago, a large amount of super markets in the UK could not sell anything except if people had cash to buy with as the 'system' went down! It was a busy saturday afternoon and if you had no cash, you had NO food!

The day the electricity does the same is the day we are all FREE!
We'll just have a different batch of problems to deal with but it will happen, sooner or later, and one way or another.

Sometimes the world needs to go backwards, to go forwards!

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Your town has cables, either strung-up or buried, connecting it to other towns. When the "beast-state" appears, find them and cut them.

Of course, they'll probably "make an example" out of the first couple towns to do this.

edit on 21-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
ok , briefly.....the barcode is not the mark of the beast becuase i havent been asked to have it grafted into my hand or my forekead yet. Its most likely gonna be some type of embeddable chip like RFID that has GPS built in , as it is used in animals by the RSPCA etc....

Nero was a TYPE of the antichrist , a forerunner or a kind of " this is something similar to what the real deal will be "
Paul at that time said there were MANY antichrists because they were anti / against Christ , but revelation is talking about something completely different to Nero.

Anyway , this thread isnt about discussion of who the antichrist is , or what the mark of the beast is.
Its about survival methods so please stay on topic
Thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

The control is not REAL it is imagined and depends on something so fragile that it means anyone awake can wake everyone else.............when it gets really bad, that is.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Surveillance, 'the Mark', all of these things depend on electricity, power, radio transmissions etc.

It is a very fragile and 'breakable' system that can easily be eliminated with the flick of a switch.

The day people decide enough is enough there will be nothing the powers that be can do to stop power stations and their transmission of control being eliminated permanently!

Two weeks ago, a large amount of super markets in the UK could not sell anything except if people had cash to buy with as the 'system' went down! It was a busy saturday afternoon and if you had no cash, you had NO food!

The day the electricity does the same is the day we are all FREE!
We'll just have a different batch of problems to deal with but it will happen, sooner or later, and one way or another.

Sometimes the world needs to go backwards, to go forwards!

Luddies have been trying to sabotage progress since the dawning of civilization, be it better ways to make fire, efficient wagons, printing press, typewriters, etc..
there is a percentage of the population that, for one reason or another, truely fears any advancement. it is a overreaction to change...and change unknown often frightens people...dreaming up demons and control, etc.

There will always be people trying to sabotage a system of progress for their own personal fears...however, this is the reason why electrical grids have security...because one person being paranoid that the electricity is actually a demon trapped and ready to take over the world wont be able to shut down the nation because of his paranoid fantasies.

Imagine you spending ages building your own house...you get it erected out of blood, sweat, and tears...and finally you stand back...finished...then some local idiot comes and burns it down, fearing that the cave spirits will become angry with artificial structures...

its how most of society views these luddies trying to sabotage the system and demanding we move backwards...local lunatics with a pack of matches yammering on about the cave spirit.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reconciler
Anyway , this thread isnt about discussion of who the antichrist is , or what the mark of the beast is.
Its about survival methods so please stay on topic
Thanks

But the topic requires a understanding of the potential situation to begin with. like saying "how do we survive a zombie apocolypse"...first off, is such a thing even plausable.

the bible does actually talk about the zombie apocolypse (not just fun fiction horror concept...its biblical)...yet, the sheer lunacy of the thought makes it a conversation stopper even with the most fundamental religious

So, why would you try to start a thread about something also in revelations that is just as silly?

if there is a mark of the beast...just get it...means jesus is coming anyhow and your going to be saved...who cares?
Seriously...why are the religious all freaked out about the rapture...clearly it states that things are going to be freaking great when it happens...and only 2000 years late (revelations stated all the events were to happen before the generation of that time passed away...oh well...guess that didn't work out...like a damned ats prediction thread...but who knows...maybe somewhere there is a 2000 year old guy somewhere that can get the "channeler" off the hook and make revelations true)

How to survive the mark? grow your own food or simply steal it...or go to your local soup kitchen and eat there...or move to virginia where they outlawed it (was it virginia?). pretty simple really.

now, how do we survive the zombie apocolypse? I have been in training for quite sometime now...well, me, zoey, lewis, and bill anyhow.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
could you all please stay on topic !
This isn't what i asked about.

I clearly asked about survival techniques , so please stop trying to derail the topic . If you dont know any survival techniques , go bother someone elses thread thanks !!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Practice gardening.

Buy seeds.

Buy a plot of land, like an allotment you can rent in the uk.

Some have bug out bags, especially in areas prone to flooding or disasters.

But no one knows what natural disasters might hit, if any so just a general knowledge of first aid would be good.

We have some pretty excellent emergency services in the uk and i'm sure you do in the US.

Never under estimate how people help eachother and how great altruism is also.

Have some faith in your fellow man and don't be afraid to put out a hand to help him also.

Keep a basic supply of essentials in your home, something we all should do anyway.

Perhaps a survival course for those keen on outdoor living.

There are folk who live almost entirely out in the sticks even these days in the UK and thrive on it.

But there's no point being constantly paranoid and afraid of 'something going to happen' all the time since in all reality nothing ever will happen in the majority of our lives.

Having no fear and being relaxed is important for day to day living and well practiced in this are more likely to do well in and emergency situation should it ever happen (highly unlikely).

Apocalyptic scenarios are all good fun for conspiracy sites, but in reality.....just statistically unlikely.

Lots of people fancy a 'Zombie apocalypse' weekend scenario but that's what makes it FUN! It is never going to happen!

So, with feet firmly on the ground, just prepare for basic emergency.

Any Zombie Apocalypse and other scenario........statistically never gonna happen to you!

I think a lot of us are just finding life not so difficult except finacially these days are the majority of people in 'charge' are honest folk doing their best, that's why things always straighten out in the end.

Nature seems to have checks and balances in place for all eventualities!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Well written post sir, star for you.

of course, everything you mentioned should be done anyhow, end of the world or not...getting in touch with nature is never a mistake.

zombie apocolypse weekend? like a LARP? ok, now I am intrigued...paint gun wars with a amusing theme...it totally could work.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Practice gardening.

Buy seeds.

Buy a plot of land, like an allotment you can rent in the uk.

Some have bug out bags, especially in areas prone to flooding or disasters.

But no one knows what natural disasters might hit, if any so just a general knowledge of first aid would be good.

We have some pretty excellent emergency services in the uk and i'm sure you do in the US.

Never under estimate how people help eachother and how great altruism is also.

Have some faith in your fellow man and don't be afraid to put out a hand to help him also.

Keep a basic supply of essentials in your home, something we all should do anyway.

Perhaps a survival course for those keen on outdoor living.

There are folk who live almost entirely out in the sticks even these days in the UK and thrive on it.

But there's no point being constantly paranoid and afraid of 'something going to happen' all the time since in all reality nothing ever will happen in the majority of our lives.

Having no fear and being relaxed is important for day to day living and well practiced in this are more likely to do well in and emergency situation should it ever happen (highly unlikely).

Apocalyptic scenarios are all good fun for conspiracy sites, but in reality.....just statistically unlikely.

Lots of people fancy a 'Zombie apocalypse' weekend scenario but that's what makes it FUN! It is never going to happen!

So, with feet firmly on the ground, just prepare for basic emergency.

Any Zombie Apocalypse and other scenario........statistically never gonna happen to you!

I think a lot of us are just finding life not so difficult except finacially these days are the majority of people in 'charge' are honest folk doing their best, that's why things always straighten out in the end.

Nature seems to have checks and balances in place for all eventualities!

Thats more in line with what i was thinking , but renting an allotment isnt a good idea as i wouldnt have any money.
I dont own my own home , so keeping things in it would be impossible as i would be evicted without money to pay the rent.

Im thinking more about getting back to nature , foraging , eating off the land , knowing what isnt poisonous , knowing what is actually edible......the way people did before supermarkets and shops came about

I doubt i could count on the goodness of man , as there may be a reward for reporting the wherabouts of the lawless ones.......maybe a free iPhone .........=P ........... We'll be easy to spot because our clothes will be in tatters from roaming the countryside like the lead guy in 1 million years BC , most likely looking like charlton heston.

Seriously , im not giving up my integrity to follow a "beast " system , if it truly is gonna come to that. Man was able to live without money before it was invented , so surely it can be done if its necessary.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Perhaps 'Apocalyptic Zombie Weekend' Parties, out in the country might be good fun for those with a liking for running around in Fear!

Could be a nice little money spinner!

Going back to 'the Mark', however, I don't think chipping etc is totally bad.

I look at my parents and their chipped pension cards and how easy it is for them to collect their pensions from the post office.

If we had no cash, which I don't think is likely to happen, then people would just trade jobs, painting, decorating, car fixing etc.

Personally, it is difficult to make a cashless society and I don't believe that it will ever happen as it would be impossible to stop you from say receiving food from someone for doing their gardening etc.

Big Brother is an impossible fantasy for those who love the zombie apocalypse scenario and I also don't think it can ever be completely implemented. We just don't live like that.

Look at the world and ask how many people have a birth certificate to start with.

Millions live on trading services with eachother in third world countries.

It's always fun to believe in an 'enemy' be it a zombie or be it Big Broth. but neither are Real, just Fun to imagine and the real enemy is always planet earth and her moods.

Again, I think a good garden, a good food supply and plenty of friends to run to if the SHTF in your own locality is the best way to go with this.

Infact, why I posted on this thread again is because of that, Friends.

Get to know people from far and wide, if you can. Keep in touch with relatives in other areas.

The people in Haiti who were able to get away from the worst affected areas after the earth quake had relative sin other areas.

Keep in touch with friends and relatives and help them if you can and I'm sure if something unpleasant happened in your home town you could move, with probably some help from others to your friends.

You do have to keep a positive attitude to other people. Even those you don't know are more than likely to help than not to help.

Wouldn't you help someone if you could. I know I would so it's best to be positive about others and not to become paranoid as you can become after reading conspiracy stuff.

MAYBE paranoia is the only real enemy and if we can just reach out in friendship to eachother and be caring, ( always being aware that there are some fruit loops out there) we can bring out the best in eachother.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

if only the greatest minds could meet up somewhere...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Sorry Saturn, didn't see your reply.

Actually I agree with you to the more important extent.

I actually find that the cashless society, to a certain extent is excellent for people like the elderly.

My parents can go to the post office, fetch their pension and transfer it to their bank card.

They can then shop with their bank card an their pin number and never have cash touch their hands.

It keeps them safe from being mugged for cash at least and gives them peace of mind which is more to them than whether someone knows if they bought baked beans or toilet roll.

But I don't think we can become totally cashless.

I just can't see it happening as we will always be able to exchange something for things or services and these things can't be taxed and are probably more difficult to control than cash.

Our most important protections are, friends and knowledge I believe and with these I think we will probably always look after eachother whatever happens.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Buy a copy of John 'Lofty' Wiseman's "SAS Survival Handbook" and make it your bedtime reading. It's an amazing source of info about how to survive in many different environments, and includes info on EVERYTHING you could need to know. Even building a log cabin!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join