It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA: Travelers Who Refuse Scanning Can't Leave, Will Be Fined

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura Will No Longer Fly With Public Airliner, Admits He Might Lose His Job Because Of It.

You know Benevolent Heretic, I retract my statement saying whoever refuses to go through the scanner or getting groped, let me rephrase that and say that everyone is a terror suspect without suspicion whether they go through it or not!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
With security, you loose some liberty.

Without security, prepare to have ALL your liberties taken from you.

Pick one.

Utter hogwash! The TSA has done NOTHING to secure our freedoms! They have caught noone and if they have discouraged anyone from making an attempt, it sure doesn't show up in the statistics. This is just more make believe fear tactics meant to make adult Americans fear the boogy man once again.

I would rather fight and die against a terrorist in a plane than GIVE UP my rights to freeom of movement and privacy for an imaginary enemy.
edit on 11-21-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

With security, you loose some liberty.
Without security, prepare to have ALL your liberties taken from you.
Pick one.

Utter hogwash! The TSA has done NOTHING to secure our freedoms! They have caught noone and if they have discouraged anyone from making an attempt, it sure doesn't show up in the statistics. This is just more make believe fear tactics meant to make adult Americans fear the boogy man once again.

This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin Source

When did America forget the wisdom of the Founders?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's a totally different link. My statement stands.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You know Benevolent Heretic, I retract my statement saying whoever refuses to go through the scanner or getting groped, let me rephrase that and say that everyone is a terror suspect without suspicion whether they go through it or not!

I happen to agree with you. Everyone who enters an airport is a terror suspect these days, and it's wrong, and I strongly disapprove of these tactics. That's why I don't fly.

But the link from the source in the OP didn't say anything about being treated like a terror suspect. That's ALL I said and it's still true.

edit on 11/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But the link from the source in the OP didn't say anything about being treated like a terror suspect.

This is how it began in Germany... the SS was also 'homeland security' Once upon a time in America... not that long ago... one could move about the country without needing papers... Now since they did 9/11 to us we have let the Jackal loose. Who did 9/11 whether foreign terrorists or terrorist working for the PTB is really irrelevant at this point..

The result is you no longer can move about the country freely... and to heck with the old term "Let me see your papers..." now we will have ID chips implanted.

cluckerspud just posted this in the other thread... GOOD IDEA... maybe they will get the message

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I'm not urging everyone to do this, but if you are so inclined and you'd like to vent, leave a complaint for the TSA here. Might as well voice your opinion to them personally while your at it. When I see new articles and videos, I have sent them with my opinion. It may go right into their garbage bin, but hey it makes me feel better and it could be quite effective.

edit on 21-11-2010 by zorgon because: Make Voodoo dolls for TSA

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I do believe that people should not fly under any Draconian rules .
The airlines don't like to lose money.
Maybe big discounts for TSA .hmmmmm?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That is f***ed up, is it like this in canada too?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The result is you no longer can move about the country freely...

I know. And I agree with you that this is how it begins.

I haven't been watching TV or anything. Is this in the mainstream news? I am just thinking that the best thing for us to do is not fly. And if this is in the news a lot, then people are going to start making plans to move about the country in different ways. Especially if the media is treating it like something to be 'scared of'.

cluckerspud just posted this in the other thread... GOOD IDEA... maybe they will get the message

That's a great idea. Thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by destination now

So you advocate discrimination, and racial profiling!? That is just wrong.

So much for the idea that "all men are created equally".

Racial profiling in this case is the only sensible option....the overwhelming majority of terrorist acts are performed by Middle Eastern men. Why waste time and money searching people who are unlikely to cause any problems while letting potential terrorist threats go because we don't want to seem politically incorrect. It is neither racist nor discriminatory to understand where the threat resides and act upon that understanding.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
more and more i believe the amish have it right. the whole world is going to hell and they took 10 steps back. when the whole world collapses the amish will be just fine.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I haven't been watching TV or anything. Is this in the mainstream news? I am just thinking that the best thing for us to do is not fly. And if this is in the news a lot, then people are going to start making plans to move about the country in different ways. Especially if the media is treating it like something to be 'scared of'.

MSNBC mainstream enough?

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine
www.msnbc.msn.com...

From TSA's own website about transmitting diseases while groping people

Two Scabies Cases Reported at Boston Logan International Airport
blog.tsa.gov...

Thread on it here (a bit sensationalistic title but still..)

They DON'T CHANGE GLOVES between searches

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TSA fights back Headline on the TSA's own blog

Airports Who Opt out of TSA Screening are Still Regulated by TSA
blog.tsa.gov...

That's it I am going to stock up on bullets

edit on 21-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

TSA: Travelers Who Refuse Scanning Can't Leave, Will Be Fined

news.antiwar.com

“Once a person submits to the screening process, they can not just decide to leave” warned Sari Koshetz, a TSA spokesperson. TSA officials say that anyone refusing both the “full body scanners” and the “enhanced pat down” procedures will be taken into custody.

Once there the detainees will not only be barred from flying, but will be held indefinitely as suspected terrorists, face fines of up to $11,000 and may also be turned over to local police.

One sheriff’s office said they were already
(visit the link for the full news article)

You topic title is misleading and untrue. Both the scan and the grope must be refused before TSA takes any punitive action. This is symptomatic of the lack of attention to detail which results in mass deception. Apparently it's OK in advertising and politics but isn't ATS supposed to be "a cut above"?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
its becoming a totalitarian state in n.america. i fly overseas or to a caribbean island and when you arrive you're usually greeted with an hello and a smile.

you go back to your county and your treated like a criminal and with suspicion.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnutz44
Racial profiling in this case is the only sensible option....the overwhelming majority of terrorist acts are performed by Middle Eastern men. Why waste time and money searching people who are unlikely to cause any problems while letting potential terrorist threats go because we don't want to seem politically incorrect. It is neither racist nor discriminatory to understand where the threat resides and act upon that understanding.

Way back when I was in Toronto... just after Jamaica cleaned house and ousted certain militants... seems many moved to Canada because of the commonwealth agreement. There was a study down that was proved valid.... 85% of house break ins in Toronto where committed by Jamaicans in a certain age group

When this was published in the papers, it created an outrage. Screams of racism, profiling, etc ruled the day and naturally the story was squashed.

But is it wrong to profile ANY group based on factual data that addresses the actual problem? Seems it is. The fact that this wasn't a 'black' issue, but a focus on a militant group within a culture was irrelevant in the attempt to be 'politically correct'

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies :shk:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

“Once a person submits to the screening process, they can not just decide to leave” warned Sari Koshetz, a TSA spokesperson. TSA officials say that anyone refusing both the “full body scanners” and the “enhanced pat down” procedures will be taken into custody.

Once there the detainees will not only be barred from flying, but will be held indefinitely as suspected terrorists, face fines of up to $11,000 and may also be turned over to local police.

You topic title is misleading and untrue.

The title, as required by ATS T&C is taken from the article quoted.. and what part of the above quote from that article do you see not supporting the title? Does 'taken into custody' not mean 'you can't leave'?
does 'will be fined' not say the same as 'face fines of up to $11,000'

I suggest it is you that needs to read better

edit on 21-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I for one am fed up with people saying oh the TSA this and the TSA that...who do u think the TSA take their orders from??...the government!

Are the government stepping in to stop this madness? NO! why??...because their the ones that have ordered it.

This is total fearmongering by the government..INSTIL FEAR IN A NATION...CONTROL A NATION!!

When people are in a state of fear who do they turn to? the governments, the military.

this is just a stepping stone, next it will be marshall law, because the people WANT it...they will turn to the government and the military to save them from the big bad terrorists then marshall law is introduced for YOUR safety of course.

LAND OF THE FREE? HA!! everyone of us is a potential terrorist according to the u.s government, even obama has said that people who havent commited a crime but could or have the potential to commit a crime can be detained INDEFINATELY! that could be your mother, your father, your child..ANYONE!!

HOME OF THE BRAVE? yes exactly!! be brave, protest, bank run, dont fly, default on debt, do everything in your power to bring the banks to thier knees..cuz their the real ones that are in control right?

we have to stand up and be counted...this is OUR planet, OUR lives, OUR childrens lives, we have to fight back, but peacefully, no blood shed, no riots...

THIS HAS TO STOP NOW!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I haven't been watching TV or anything. Is this in the mainstream news?

It's heavily on mainstream news

libertypulse.com...

Careful here, do not read the comments on that page

of course there's much more

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The result is you no longer can move about the country freely...

I know. And I agree with you that this is how it begins.

That's a great idea. Thanks for the link.

dont forget about the viper teams (TSA mobile random checkpoints) that randomly show up at greyhound stations.

also, do not forget about those 500 or so mobile backscatter vans that are already out on the streets.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thank you! I didn't realize it was such a widespread concern. Good. I hope the whole country opts out on Wednesday and opts out of FLYING until they ditch this whole nonsense!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know about that
If I understand correctly, and educate me if i'm wrong, opt out means going through scanners

those scanners emit radiation, and the testicular area has very thin skin
someone flying often, like sales people or consultants, might get exposed to too much radiation on a regular basis

So if that's what opt out means I do not support it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join