It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Show me an example where someone has come into contact with fecal matter or semen?

They haven't because the search is conducted through your clothes...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Wrong. Genitals are being touched inside of clothing.

From the ABCnews.com website:

"An ABC News employee said she was subject to a "demeaning" search at Newark Liberty International Airport Sunday morning.

"The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around," she said. "It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

With regard to the provision of documentation of illness propagation, I will kindly refer you to the CDC website, and numerous online infectious disease journals.

I will also invite you to conduct your own research and literature review, as opposed to requesting others do it for you.

As we all know, reading is fundamental!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

That's one isolated incident and even so, do you have any proof that employee continued to use the same pair of gloves in subsequent searches?

Even if all passengers were subjected to full, naked genital searches, the employee's hands would need to come into contact with bodily or sexual fluids, then the employee would have to continue wearing that same pair of gloves, then search another passenger where the employee's hands would have to come into contact with an open wound, cut or sore for infection to take place.

HIV, for example is a fairly "weak" virus and doesn't survive very well outside of the human body, why do you think you can't catch it by kissing someone infected with it?

This is all fear mongering.
edit on 23/11/10 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I went to the abcnews website and found this not mentioned anywhere.

If it was such a huge issue, and not just an isolated one, surely it would be all over the website.

Alas i found nothing, a link please?

VvV

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Dude, don't try and get smart. The cdc?I did not ask for info on diseases. This is what i asked for:

Please provide me with some evidence of people getting sick en-masse from the TSA searches. Not an isolated incident, but people en-masse. Can you provide that?

I did not ask for information of contagious diseases and you know that, or did you not comprehend my above mentioned question.

And your buddy provided an article of an isolated incident wich i could not even verify.

VvV

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by MMPI2

I went to the abcnews website and found this not mentioned anywhere.

If it was such a huge issue, and not just an isolated one, surely it would be all over the website.

Alas i found nothing, a link please?

VvV

Audio from the video:

ABC News producer Carolyn Durand gives a graphic personal account: "The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around. It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

And an interesting article on Politico.com here.

From Politico

[A House staffer who attended the briefing] said that several House staffers were so uncomfortable they averted their eyes when the TSA demonstrated an enhanced pat-down in the room of 200 people. “The dumbest part: they did two pat-down demonstrations – male on male, and female on female,” the House staffer said. And they used a young female TSA volunteer “and in front of a room of 200 people, they touched her breasts and her buttocks. People were averting their eyes. The TSA was trying to demonstrate ‘this is not so bad,’ but it made people so uncomfortable to watch, that people were averting their eyes.”

“They shot themselves in the foot,” the staffer continued.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

A TSA official contacted after the report said they were trying to look into the incident but were having a hard time because the ABC employee had not lodged a formal complaint
reply to post by OneisOne

This is from the same article you linked. If the abc newsreporter was so upset, and traumatized, why not lodge an official or formal complaint?

A Department of Homeland Security official writes that less than 3% of travelers get the controversial aggressive patdowns.

Also from the same article, Less than 3% of travellers get the aggressive patdowns? Hmm, such a small number, yet such a big fuss.

Thanks for the links though.

Vvv

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

When a person farts, it expells large amounts of fecal matter into the underwear. As well, it will go through to the pants. Yes, small amounts. Normally not an issue, because people do not go rubbing on the area around the rectum on your pants on an average day. But in TSAland it happens dozens of times daily.

When a man urinates, unless he has a "teeny weeny" his penis will rub the zipper and pants surrounding the zipper. Many men, as they age, develop some issues with voiding during urination, and they may trickle a little. men who masturbate may have semen. Men who have had sex (which we know NEVER happens while men travel on business) will have theirs and another persons germs on their genitals.

No, we are not talking about high risk. But universal precautions are well established for a reason. You cannot undo 2 generations of common sense just to defend these thugs.

To the poster asking about looking at a chefs hands....there are laws about food safety for a reason. No, i don't ask to see the chefs hands. Instead, i look at the vents to see how dirty they are. If they have any dirt on the vents, that is all I need to know about cleanliness in that place.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not denying those things, but apart from one isolated incident (the one in the links above regarding the woman and her underwear) I haven't seen or heard about people being subjected to fully naked searches of their genitalia.

Listening to some of the people in this thread you wouldn't wrong to be under the illusion that every man and his dog is having his foreskin pulled back and looked at; both from an invasion of privacy sense and a health hazard sense.

I'm pretty sure that the whopping 3% percent of people who are subjected to the more aggressive pat downs are done so in the correct hygienic manner i.e. a new pair of gloves is used for each person searched.

The OP implies you can catch Venereal Disease from gloves, I'm pointing out that it's impossible.

This thread is just another attempt at creating fear mongering and over dramatization of the TSA, simply from another angle.
edit on 23/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I'm not denying those things, but apart from one isolated incident (the one in the links above regarding the woman and her underwear) I haven't seen or heard about people being subjected to fully naked searches of their genitalia.

Listening to some of the people in this thread you wouldn't wrong to be under the illusion that every man and his dog is having his foreskin pulled back and looked at; both from an invasion of privacy sense and a health hazard sense.

I'm pretty sure that the whopping 3% percent of people who are subjected to the more aggressive pat downs are done so in the correct hygienic manner i.e. a new pair of gloves is used for each person searched.

The OP implies you can catch Venereal Disease from gloves, I'm pointing out that it's impossible.

This thread is just another attempt at creating fear mongering and over dramatization of the TSA, simply from another angle.
edit on 23/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

It is not impossible. You certainly can catch any number of infectious diseases from dirty latex gloves. HPV is my primary concern, but MRSA from individuals with boils is another concern (as much as 20% of the population will have an active boil at any given time).

I have a medical background (former nurse). My wife is a nurse currently (for the last 12 years). I have seen the videos where they move from one person to the next. There are no handwashing stations in the security area. It does not pass the minimal muster required in both foodservice and nursing care.

Yes, this is an attack on them from another angle. It is just another piece of evidence that what they are doing is wrong.

Edit to add: laying here in bed watching the news while i am online (normal morning routine). They were showing footage of searches in little snippets to run while the talking heads talked. During that time, just now, i saw 5 people have their waistline searched, just inside the pants. Not a big deal, right? Except along the waist line is one of the best places to harvest MRSA, as obese people tend to have abscesses along the waistline.

Also, obese women tend to have yeast infections under their breasts. Right where those hands are pushing and rubbing. Of course, it may not make it through the clothing. But given that yeast infections cause itching, i am willing to bet that the woman has already been rubbing somewhat vigorously in that area, brining more pathogens to the surface of the clothing.
edit on 23-11-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

When a person farts, it expells large amounts of fecal matter into the underwear.

Really!!?? Large amounts of fecal matter.?!!?

When i fart, it expells large amount of gas into my underwear. Except if i had beans the night before...

The chef referrence was this: How do you know the chefs or kitchen staff changes their gloves regularly? You don't. And how do we know the TSA does not change theirs? We don't.

The fact is GLOVES CANNOT GIVE YOU AIDS, OR AN STD. THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED A STD.
SEXAULLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.

vVv

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Actually, although highly unlikely, if they do come in contact with the genitals for any reason, there are a few ones that could (and crabs only needs contact with underwear )
So, yeah the OP is reaching, but if they aren't changing their gloves, i want to know.

What I don't understand is how there are people that can't see why this is outrageous, you people are being blind and are downright foolish.

edit on 23-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

When a person farts, it expells large amounts of fecal matter into the underwear.

Really!!?? Large amounts of fecal matter.?!!?

When i fart, it expells large amount of gas into my underwear. Except if i had beans the night before...

The chef referrence was this: How do you know the chefs or kitchen staff changes their gloves regularly? You don't. And how do we know the TSA does not change theirs? We don't.

The fact is GLOVES CANNOT GIVE YOU AIDS, OR AN STD. THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED A STD.
SEXAULLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.

vVv

It is a fact that there is between 1/10th and 10 grams of fecal matter in your underwear. When you wash laundry up to 100 million E Coli are released into the wash water. Your clothes are not that clean, even when they are clean. But your underwear, and the same region on your pants, tend to be the dirtiest. If there is no risk, why would the TSA people even bother wearing gloves in the first place?

RE: chefs...i don't know. What i do know is that, in Texas, they are required to follow TCEQ standards, including having a "food nazi" type person who makes sure people follow regulations, and submit to regular inspections. Of course it isn't perfect....but high heat tends to kill off a lot of germs. There is no high heat in the security area. As well, there are no handwashing stations. It is not even possible to properly clean your hands while doing searches if you work for the TSA, as no area for this is provided.

It is not a fact that gloves cannot give you AIDS. You really, really need to use Google before saying such things. Like I said, I have history in the medical profession. I know better than your made up facts.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The more that I think about it the more I think some of you guys are just being argumentative for the sake of it on this issue. You know there are better ways the keep planes and passengers safe. Also on this most recent issue, think of MRSA and other staph infections. Those infections are highly contagious and are often in places the TSA would handle. They should definitely have to change their gloves for our safety.

Honestly, profiling is wrong when in regards to general crimes (ie thinking of young black men being drug dealers and that stuff) but the fact is this is profiling that works. They have spent so long hammering it into our heads that it's radical Muslims, why are they stopping 3 year old kids, and nuns? Yeah it sucks for good Muslim people, I have Muslim friends, but it's just the way it is. All of your people willing to throw your rights out the window should have no problem throwing being P.C. and equal out. Really though, in this case, treating everyone equal is pointless because it's not an equal chance that any other race will attempt a terrorist attack.
edit on 23-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Your favorite roller coaster, for example, surely has seen its share of vomit and urine from a myriad of passengers. So why aren't we here demanding that Disney Land shut down the Matterhorn for the biohazard it surely must be?

I picked up shingles after going to a theme park. So, your arguement fails right there.

Why aren't we picketing subways and public bus systems?

1. Because most get cleaned at least on a daily basis (I wonder why?).

2. We elect to travel in these germ factories. We DO NOT elect to be groped by someone who just groped Slimey Joe and didn't change gloves.

Changing stations, toilets, and public sinks?

They supply fresh, clean, sterile paper products for you to use over these germ surfaces also. I, again, must wonder why?

Drinking fountains? Coins? Paper money?

I'm not sure about you, but each time I touch these things I wash my hands. Again I have to wonder why?

The very computer keyboard you are typing upon? Your cell phone?

All these things are known to be filthy, quite capable of transferring germs, and probably more of a risk than your local TSA screener. So why aren't we after these things as well...

Because in all other instances it was either our own choice to touch those filthy things or we have the oppurtunity to clean ourselves directly afterward. Not true if you are stuck on an 18 hour flight with no way of changing clothes.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The argumentativeness of some of these posters is obviously because they don't have much else to do and they have some kind of axe to grind. I have my suspicions about the axes they want to grind, but I will not share them here.

You will note that none of them offered to participate in the First Annual ATS / TSA VD Contact Transmission experiment I proposed. Obviously, they were turned off by even a tongue-in-cheek hypothetical attempt to test their thesis. These folks know that their arguement just does not hold when compared to the facts of the matter and the science that supports the reality.

As I said earlier, and has been proven over and over again, the science with regards to these matters was settled long ago. Disease transmission will increase because of the TSA "enhanced patdowns."

Furthermore, for the people that keep asking for "one documented case of a patdown causing a disease", everybody knows the patdowns just began in earnest a week or so ago, and there is obviously going to be a paucity of "documented cases" because of that fact alone. Asking "for one documented case" of this kind of phenomenon at this point is the most obtuse and simple minded way of trying to debunk or derail a thread available.

These same people keep throwing out the tired arguments, and asking for "proof" of phenomena that has been provided on multiple occasions within this discussion, apparently in hopes that the facts will change in their favor. It is illuminative, in that you get a peek into the minds and motivations of folks without the ability to be curious, speculative, and open-minded.

The disease spread will happen, however. It is a matter of time before the illnesses, the hospitalizations, the complaints, the investigations, the lawsuits begin.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Again, with regard to the provision of documentation of illness propagation, I will kindly refer you to the CDC website, and numerous online infectious disease journals.

I will also invite you to conduct your own research and literature review, as opposed to requesting others do it for you.

As we all know, reading is fundamental!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i thought this article was informative to the topic:

www.wnd.com...

EDIT: ATS and a poster on this thread is mentioned at the end of the article!!

edit on 23-11-2010 by MMPI2 because: .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I got a mention on a news site.

Now you guys have to take me seriously.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join