It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
You cannot catch Venereal disease from feeling the outside of someones clothes....

I guess you haven't heard the latest about the groping searches then

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh, sheesh...two of the craziest people on the planet having a conversation??

More evidence and confimation, in the instance of Ventura, Jesse at least, that steroids damage brain cause..

I mean, steroid use causes brane dammmmmmm.....aaaa....ge........ Urp. Bleep....bleep....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
A glove is not a condom. They wear it on their hands, and it will not spread STD. That is a crazy and desperate leap of faith.
Why does the janitor wear gloves??? To keep his hands clean.

So in your opinion then its okay for them to pass on this collective 'dirt' to others? Besides if you take a minute and look at the OTHER TSA threads you will see that the groping is much more than just clothing now. THAT is why the outrage has begun.

And what about the x-rays? How about the frequent traveler getting lethal or sterilizing doses of x-rays? Even the department of Homeland security says its 'safe' only up to a maximum annual dose. So how about those who fly daily for business?

Here is my post from the other thread

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
kind of like how the TSA's biggest mouthpiece (janet napolitano) came out and said that the hopkins university claims the machines are safe.

...and for those of you who still cherish honesty:

DHS claim to safety

DHS's own source claiming otherwise

Since when have x-rays become 'safe'? You go to any hospital and they give you lead shielding so you don't get over exposure, especially to your private parts to stop sterility...

So how about a frequent flyer that makes several business flights a week? Has anyone even considered the accumulated dosage of x-rays?

And they x-ray your head as well? And no one is concerned about all this radiation that for decades the medical profession has been taken pains to avoid over exposing people and staff?

I see people saying that the terrorists now rule.. NO it is our FEAR of POTENTIAL terrorists that has done this.

When did America become a nation of WUSSIES?

Okay so I looked... and here it is in TSA's own report

www.tsa.gov...

So how do they determine if a frequent flyer has reached the maximum annual doasge to maintain safety?

At this rate we won't need to worry about the terrorists bombs... because in the interest of safety everyone gets NUKED

No one concerned about this?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

My post here was a legitimate question. I found it humorous that we've got people criticizing the OP (and I disagree with the hoax assessment you made, btw) based on the legitimacy of claims against an agency which is 100% rooted in illegitimate scare tactics and false claims. I guess what I'm asking is "Is a lie told in response to question which is itself a lie really a lie?" In legal terms, it is actually not. It is called "entrapment" when authorities pass off lies as claims of fact in an effort to goad a witness into confessing or revealing something and, usually, self purjury charges are rejected if entrapment is found to have taken place beforehand.

I see this the same. The TSA is entraping the American people, forcing them to make statements of exaggeration as well as criminalizing anyone who doesn't happily go along with their illegal violations of rights. Two wrongs may not make a right but, logically, at least the second wrong can be legitimately defended as being reactionary to the first wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, great information! But it leads me with just one question...

What did any of that have to do with the assertion that people are going to get VD from pat searches?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Plain and simple just because the TSA is out of line does not mean everything people say about them is now true.

There is no evidence to support the OPs claim, which is what this thread is about.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Actually, disagree. I don't blame the folks on here who are posting the threads critical of the TSA for anything. I blame the TSA entirely for belligerantly and illegally adopting a God complex and behaving as if they were above the law itself.

The commentary and detractions against the TSA here on ATS and all over the net are perfectly suited to a song by Billy Joel:

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

The government started this fire by believing that we are all at their behest and command (we're not... unless we allow it to be so, at which point why even bother living?) I see a lot of people who are being accused of starting fires by identifiying illegal reprehensible behavior and policies coming out of DC but who are, in reality, trying to fight the fire. Classic government tactic... attempt to redirect public sentiment against the individuals and groups who are actually fighting for the people by labeling them as firestarters and troublemakers.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine
www.abovetopsecret.com...

$11,000 fine, arrest possible for some who refuse airport scans and pat downs

TSA: Travelers Who Refuse Scanning Can't Leave, Will Be Fined

Airport Staff Exposed Woman's Breasts, Laughed,

TSA Breast Milk Screening PHX

Go ahead sweep it all under the table. Tell us these people are all crazy. Maybe YOU enjoy haeing your privates fondled and maybe YOU are okay with giving up your freedom but don't foist that on the rest of us.

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
With security, you loose some liberty.
Without security, prepare to have ALL your liberties taken from you.
Pick one.

Utter hogwash! The TSA has done NOTHING to secure our freedoms! They have caught noone and if they have discouraged anyone from making an attempt, it sure doesn't show up in the statistics. This is just more make believe fear tactics meant to make adult Americans fear the boogy man once again.

This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin Source

When did America forget the wisdom of the Founders?

edit on 21-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Nowhere did I refer to you as anything. In fact I have conceded a sympathy for this particular subject. My point is, and has been quite simply to ask for a substantiation of the stated OP... that pat searches can transmit VD.

You are articulate and well spoken... Can you find me a documented case of a pat search infecting the searchee with a venereal disease?

If not then I stand by my initial, and continued statement that this thread is hyperbole and factually inaccurate.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello, First off while the OPs post makes statements against the TSA and also (to me anyhow) seems to be a blatant attack towards blacks. OP needs to restart this thread from a different angle.

Anyhow; I can understand people wanting agents to change their gloves. I have an issue with objects (in this case gloves) coming into contact with multiple people and then coming into contact with me. And to have some strange guys fondling my testicles?! sexual or not, NO ain't gonna happen! and I doubt they'd let me request a female to do the pat down. Which is why I'll never fly again. unless I become rich and charter my own jet which oddly enough I wouldn't have to be screened.

My point being, there are a lot of people like myself are wary of these things, I realize STDs can't be transmitted in this manner, but what about hepatitis or malaria or even bedbugs I dread even thinking about it! "cooties" for lack of a better word are out there, and it seems TPTB are trying their best to get them to everyone.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

WHICH of those threads you linked, and the stories contained within, have ANYTHING to do with the transmission of VENEREAL DISEASE??

Tragic and wrong, cases of callousness against a fellow human being....but STDs being spread around?

Sheesh...one poor guy peed on himself. His OWN urine!! These are such isolated instances, and NOW being brought out and trumpeted because.....??

What an incredible example of rhetoric. Deal with each instance of misbehavior appropriately. People are Human, and will act like this. SUE them, fire them, prosecute them. Good!!

But, this OP's premise is ridiculous, from the outset. How sad that (some) ATS members (and staff) can't see that.....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Are you going to tell me that pat downs do not spread scabies?
blog.tsa.gov/2009/04/two-scabies-cases-reported-at-boston.html

They look into babies' diapers, old peoples' incontinence pads, behind sanitary napkins, around and in prosthetic devices and around ostomy wounds.Do you know what these things are? Do you know what choliform organisms are? Have you ever heard of E. Coli? Do people actually have to get sick because of TSA's overreach before you give up this charade? Are lawsuits by the families of survivors of TSA disease vectors the only way you would abandon this crap you are so invested in?

This is just the tip of the iceberg. This is making the news because they have way overstepped their authority on this. They are acting like goons. I would like to see the employment screening process for these people.

I too am sad when I see so many say this is no big deal, it's all hype. My parents lived in pre NAZI Germany... this is how it started over there too... the little searches, the removing one by one of little freedoms... then one day you way up to find that 'homeland security' (SS as it was called back then) can make you disappear

Backlash begins...

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I'm not urging everyone to do this, but if you are so inclined and you'd like to vent, leave a complaint for the TSA here. Might as well voice your opinion to them personally while your at it. When I see new articles and videos, I have sent them with my opinion. It may go right into their garbage bin, but hey it makes me feel better and it could be quite effective.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
C'mon people, what's wrong with letting some decrepit lowlife scumbag at the TSA feel you up? You know how many people out there would enjoy this molestation because they don't get laid? In reality, getting some sexually transmitted disease is a small price to pay for having one of these slimy dirtbags conduct a little foreplay on you. Try it, you'll like it.

In any event, it's time to dedicate a song to all of the perverts and creepy sexual molesters at the TSA. Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Tragic and wrong, cases of callousness against a fellow human being....but STDs being spread around?

Well that TSA scabies report tells a different story doesn't it? I agree that through clothing you would be correct, but it has gone beyond that

I don't suppose that since you stopped flying that you are now working for, or applying to TSA?

While this exact topic may be sensationalistic (as most threads on ATS are anyway) to even THINK that this behavior is even SLIGHTLY TOLERABLE makes me wonder about your objectives

And to make it worse... they have the power of discretion on who to single out for searches. Did you hear about the murder in the UK that escaped through the airport wearing a Muslim women's clothing and veil? Just try and convince me that these searches will be applied 'fairly' and equally... I don't have that much faith in the human race
edit on 21-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Do not allow yourself or your children to be put at risk of acquiring a venereal disease.

Related:

The latest news out of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is very troubling, to say the least.

A jaw-dropping 48 percent of black women between ages 14 and 49 have the virus which causes genital herpes, says the federal agency. Blacks in general are more than three times as likely as whites to have herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) (39.2 percent vs. 12.3 percent).

www.theroot.com...

What the hell does a blown up satistic about black women having herpes has to do with anything. So it is safe to assume because over 70% of whites have heads lice, I should be concerned about bugs jumping from their hands on thoo the gloves and then on to my head, Sounds really stupid right? Just like that useless sttistic you tacked on to what might have been a credible thread. GTFOHWTBS!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
[
Well that TSA scabies report tells a different story doesn't it? I agree that through clothing you would be correct, but it has gone beyond that

The "TSA Scabies report" that leads to a 404'ed link, does not say who was infested, how they were infested, if the infestations were connected - or even if it was work related? The report from April 9, 2009, long before these searches were happening???

C'mon Zorgon... you're better at debating than this! And I mean that respectfully.

~Heff

edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: refined train of thought

edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: typo and train of thought

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Exuberant1

I don't care either way if I get patted down.

But you aren't a terrrist.

You should care.

*Anyhow, people should request that the TSA workers who are about to fondle/molest/search them to change their gloves.

It makes sense.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

No I am not a terrorist and I don't care really. It's a PAT DOWN, not anything else.

I am more worried about food service workers not changing their gloves or even wearing gloves when preparing my food. I am more worried about the dirty carts at Wal Mart...or how about the buffet line? Yeah worse things than this.

you can't get an std this way and your thread is misleading by saying so. it's called a 'sexually' transmitted disease meaning SEX.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
LOL this is stupid. You can't get an STD from them searching you. It's not like they're sticking their hands down your pants and fondling you. To be honest I think this whole TSA thing is just another thing for the media like swine flu, or the Y2K scare. It's not even that serious.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This thread is just another blaring example of the plague of ignorance and fearmongering that has ATS in it's grip! Instead of intelligent thought provoking threads, we have drivel like this piece of garbage that just hops on the mass media hysteria du jour, in this case the TSA, and just throws a couple more gallons of kerosene on the fire! This type of thread, and ATS in general lately, is no better than the sensationalized, tabloid-like MSM! Is that REALLY the vision that the site founders had in mind??? NO IT IS NOT!!!

Shame on anyone who starred the OP, who flagged this piece of crap, who will flag this piece of crap in the future, and shame on the OP themselves for putting yet ANOTHER unintelligent, poorly thought out, fact poor, ignorant shill thread for the ignorant masses to gobble up like it's ambrosia...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't know about STD transference, but I don't think the TSA peeps are allowed to touch bare skin:

The charge -- sexual battery.
"If it is skin to skin, if someone were to take their hand and put it underneath somebody's blouse and touch someone inappropriately and go skin to skin, that's a felony, and if it's done simply over the clothing, according to California law, that's a misdemeanor," Wagstaffe said.

abclocal.go.com.../local/peninsula&id=7793386

If they were able to touch bare skin without changing gloves then that is reason for concern, imo, because there are some nasty things you can get from skin to skin, one in particular that I am oh too familiar with is MRSA.
Again, I'm not supporting the notion of STD's here, I am more concerned about direct glove to skin worries than anything, but I don't think under garment intrusion is occurring, at least I hope not!

spec

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join