It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice case of quote mining there, zorgon! And then you threw in a 'nice' pic to top it off with a straw man! Meanwhile, you COMPLETELY sidestepped the point of my post, which was that you stand JUST as much of a chance of catching VD, scabies, cooties or what have you from the seats in the waiting area at the Gates as you do from the gloved hand of some TSA agent. Actually you stand MORE of a chance of catching the aforementioned ailments from a seat, since the only way you will get 'felt up' by a TSA agent is if you REFUSE to go through the body scanner. But then again I guess you could also REFUSE to sit while waiting for your flight to board...

Now if you want to stop playing Chicken Little, and actually have an intelligent and logical discussion of this turd of a topic, let me know... But don't use my post to go around screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!"

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I would say that, if you really want to put it in the perspective that I am attempting to convey, that you have a greater chance of catching VD from the TSA than you do being blown up on the plane by a terrorist.

I'll grant you that, but in the same token I would say that you have a greater chance of winning the Lotto from a ticket you purchased on the way to the airport than you do of catching VD from the TSA...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Which would mean it is more silly, and more useless for the TSA to be doing what it is doing in the first place.

I will use any argument that has any level of validity in it to fight what the TSA is doing.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I have not seen any evidence of the a TSA agent infecting a single person with any disease... Much less an STD. I have graciously stated that I do see some infections having the potential for transference as well as agreeing that changing gloves between searches is a reasonable notion.

These things do not make me an apologist, a TSA employee, or a thread derailer.

Again, not a single documented case of a TSA agent infection a traveler has been offered. Not one. In fact Googling the phrases "TSA" and "Venereal disease" together produces a result which leads to nothing but threads, such as this one - on discussion sites, blogs, and a couple of pseudo news sites. Not a single documented case shows up, nor does a reputable news story.

Evidently some people accept a lower standard of "proof" than others. My personal thoughts are, if a person were infected by a TSA screening, CNN would be broadcasting it every 3 minutes for days on end... As they have plastered their "top stories" segments with the TSA for well over a week now - as has every other news station. "Hyperbole" and "proof" are two separate things. Just as "potential" is different from "happened".

As I have stated before... Saying "It's proven" when it hasn't been, doesn't make it so. I would hope that simply knowing the difference between "fact" and "speculation" could be expected on a site such as this. We, are, after all here to deny ignorance and we are supposed to be the smartest people on the Internet.

~Heff
edit on 11/26/10 by Hefficide because: removed incompatible google search link

Not a bit of this that I can disagree with.

Of course, if a disease is passed from TSA to traveller, it is doubtful that it would be traced as such. So no "proof" is forthcoming. The point is, epidemiology provides the known mechanisms for infection. No proof of actual infection is needed. Things like "universal precautions" are law under OSHA, and the TSA conducting these screenings is a violation of OSHA standards.

If you have ever worked in healthcare, you see the need for alarm here. Handwashing is the single best protection against the spread of disease and infection. Not a single health professional I know thinks it is ok (i am from a family with over a dozen nurses....it is kind of like the family profession it seems).

I don't argue that it has happened. I argue that the risk that we face with terror is far, far less than the risk they are putting us through with infectious diseases.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
A funny picture for your morning review:

twitpic.com...

Get ready for the "Running of the Scabies"!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Now if you want to stop playing Chicken Little, and actually have an intelligent and logical discussion of this turd of a topic, let me know...

uh huh... CLUCK THIS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91a49b75925d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, that TSA worker was NOT impressed... And just because some jackhole decides to drop trou WITHOUT being asked to in order to get through the screening quicker, this in no way VALIDATES your 'sky is falling' position...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here is my opinion -

I think it is fair to question the TSA and the whole notion of security in this country.
But, I think V.D is not a very valid rational to use in the advancement of this debate as a whole.

"Joey, your headaches are caused by the bad things you did when you were a teenager!"

And

"... people get diarrhea all the time from wearing their shoes to tight..."

It is like rural folklore logic; where people control others with off the wall declarations

I would like proof
edit on 27-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Here is my opinion -

I think it is fair to question the TSA and the whole notion of security in this country.
But, I think V.D is not a very valid rational to use in the advancement of this debate as a whole.

"Joey, your headaches are caused by the bad things you did when you were a teenager!"

And

It is like rural folklore logic; where people control others with off the wall declarations

I would like proof

Here is your proof, from the CDC:

www.cdc.gov...

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by MMPI2
TSA agents touch genitals when they search passengers.

Do they actually touch genitals? Or, do they touch the clothing on top? Can you catch a disease from clothing?

YES, where have you been? TSA agents have even stuck there fingers into places. YES they are touching naked skin.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Janky Red
Here is my opinion -

And

I would like proof

Here is your proof, from the CDC:

www.cdc.gov...

Enjoy.

What activity are you referring to?

And body fluids?

And the like?

Granted a TSA person does something graphic to a traveler and then uses the same glove to...yada yada
another traveler - zip, boom, bing

Sure, of course -

However your post about modesty was a far more valid and powerful argument for me,

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
A little more "proof" for the naysayers, TSA agents and their buddies here on this thread:

Sexually Transmitted Infections 1999 Oct;75(5):317-9:

Detection of human papillomavirus DNA on the fingers of patients with genital warts.

Sonnex C, Strauss S, Gray JJ, Department of GU Medicine, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, England.

“14 men and eight women with genital warts had cytobrush samples taken from genital lesions, finger tips, and tips of finger nails. Samples were examined for the presence of HPV DNA by the polymerase chain reaction.

HPV DNA was detected in all female genital samples and in 13/14 male genital samples. HPV DNA was detected in the finger brush samples of three women and nine men. The same HPV type was identified in genital and hand samples in one woman and five men.

This study has identified hand carriage of genital HPV types in patients with genital warts. Although sexual intercourse is considered the usual mode of transmitting genital HPV infection, our findings raise the possibility of transmission by finger-genital contact.”

Condoms offer little protection against HPV since any skin-to-skin contact can result in transmission of the virus.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Among the frequent travelling population are businessmen. In fact, I would say that the business traveller is the most frequent traveller. Coming from the hospitality industry, i can say that 60% of my customers are male business travellers.

Males, when they urinate, generally just unzip and extend their member out of the zipper flap. This causes the penis to rub against the outside of your jeans. HPV lives quite well on the outer fabric for several hours, not to mention MRSA (common among obese people, which there are plenty of at airports).

Add in the propensity for the males to dribble when they urinate (to a greater degree for an older population segment), and you can see that body fluids abound in the regions that are being grasped.

Not to mention, as already stated, boils caused by MRSA or just plain staph (which infect 30-40% of the population at any given time). All that squeezing up in peoples crotch, and on their buttocks, is bound to express some infectious pus and blood in someone infected with a boil.

If you grasp the genital region on anyone, you should wash your hands and change gloves. It is so common sense that people do it naturally...unless they are hurried or being lazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Your health is irrelevant in this OP.

I haven't read all 11 pages of posts yet the ones that I skimmed ALL discussed how to "Deal With It".

When the TSA is stationed at the Mall Of America and my wife takes her classroom of toddlers there...

When Americans can grow a spine and deal with these creepy F*****G M*****-F*****'s in the

manner they should be, in this Free Society (?), then threads like this will be comprehensible.

Until then you deserve STDs however you get them. (That's a rhetorical statement.)

What is wrong with you people?
edit on 1·3·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

People don't deserve to get STD's because they went through a TSA checkpoint/screening.

That is the nature of a police state. Everyone is demoralized, the most vocal are either against it, or make excuses for the system that abuses them. If they just support the system hard enough, maybe then it won't feel so bad to live under it. You have seen plenty of that lately - you'll have no doubt noted the rationalizations these people make have grown louder as conditions have worsened.

*When the door gets kicked in one night, they can say "I support the system on the internet! I help make this possible, I'm special!"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

People don't deserve to get STD's because they went through a TSA checkpoint/screening.

That is the nature of a police state. Everyone is demoralized, the most vocal are either against it, or make excuses for the system that abuses them. If they just support the system hard enough, maybe then it won't feel so bad to live under it. You have seen plenty of that lately - you'll have no doubt noted the rationalizations these people make have grown louder as conditions have worsened.

*When the door gets kicked in one night, they can say "I support the system on the internet! I help make this possible, I'm special!"

You nailed it right there. That is at the base of group think: believing hard enough to make it at least seem true. It is what fuels internet bullies, too. If they can argue you into submission, it makes them right (regardless of the chain of logical fallacies employed).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sorry for being a little off topic here...kinda sorta off topic.

I think your more prone to pick up STD's or other forms of bacterial infections from getting your change ( $$ ) from a drive through or a super market.

I dont know if you could get transfer from using the same gloves brushing against clothing to clothing.

If you notice .. the TSA workers are using Nitrile gloves. These gloves are different from Surgical latex gloves.

I think they wear the Nitrile rubber gloves because some peeps have reactions from latex.

Also .. If it helps you feel better...Nitrile gloves are WAY less in physical sensitivity than there Latex counter parts..

"Surgical gloves have more precise sizing with a better precision and sensitivity" ( Wiki ).

I can attest to this fact because of my "occupation".

The mechanic techs use the nitrile gloves for there "beefier" construction and chemical resistance. I, however, need to "Feel/See" what I am doing through the gloves.

So if it makes you feel any better .. the TSA guys cant really "Feel you UP" as per say. The tactile sensation through the gloves ( Nitrile ) is very limited. You can "Feel" .. you just cant "See" with your hands.

Try to put a pair of these gloves on and start to "feel" the grass, Food, Hair .. or anything else you wish. Its almost like having a pair of Dish gloves on LOL.

I know that if I had to go through the lines and get "patted down" I personally would ask for New gloves for a multitude of reasons .. not VD though.

JG.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I think the Doctor's point is that we need to stand up to this nonsense being foisted upon us by a mad administration. This has to be a Satanic Illuminati thing or at the very least the most diabolically stupid thing a govt bureaucrat can come up with.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join