It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Greetings all,

The following is a public service announcement - by me:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e88e83cc07b8.jpg[/atsimg]

TSA agents don't always change gloves between fondling/molestations/searches. Check the internet; this is known.

Those gloves are worn for the protection of the agent.

You must request that they change the gloves in your presence or you risk acquiring venereal disease resulting from a fondle/molest search.

By not doing this you risk acquiring a venereal disease.

Do not allow yourself or your children to be put at risk of acquiring a venereal disease.

Related:

The latest news out of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is very troubling, to say the least.

A jaw-dropping 48 percent of black women between ages 14 and 49 have the virus which causes genital herpes, says the federal agency. Blacks in general are more than three times as likely as whites to have herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) (39.2 percent vs. 12.3 percent).

www.theroot.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Really?

You come up with this particular view of the world and then source an article entitled "Nearly Half of Black Women Have Herpes" as the grounds for it???

I've grown kind of accustomed to hyperbole and to accepting that some folks connect dots that don't actually connect... But this is by far and away the worst.

Really???

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The article is not the source of the thread.

I clearly noted that it was related.

Please do not pretend that the related article is the inspiration for the thread or the source upon which it is based.

The basis is evident, please do not ignore it.

*As of now, these are the number of news sources on TSA search methods and veneral disease risk:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85439e0105ed.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 21-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You cannot catch Venereal disease from feeling the outside of someones clothes....

The lack of links in your search kind of works against your argument doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Really?

You come up with this particular view of the world and then source an article entitled "Nearly Half of Black Women Have Herpes" as the grounds for it???

I've grown kind of accustomed to hyperbole and to accepting that some folks connect dots that don't actually connect... But this is by far and away the worst.

Really???

~Heff

I really don't understand why you are whining about what the OP has pointed out. This isn't "a particular view of the world", it was a statement of fact backed up by a source.

I'm thinking that you are the one to have "connected dots" when the dots you connected were incidental to the purpose of the OP and based in your own biases, internalized bigotry and major erroneous assumptions.

The rates of STDs are very high.
STDs can be spread very easily through touch.
TSA agents touch genitals when they search passengers.
TSA agents don't change gloves after each search.
TSA agents can easily spread STDs.

Tell me how you do not understand the obvious logic in the above equation?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Then it will be no trouble for you at all to source a single source proving that a pat search has led to venereal infection. I'll even allow that you can include law enforcement in that search, since obviously using the TSA yields ZERO Google hits.

I think, when it's all said and one the scoreboard will look something like this.... Heff: 1, hyperbole: 0

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Anyone know why TSA agents are required to wear gloves for their own protection? What are they protecting themselves from? Only from the clips I've seen, they are groping from on top of clothing. Can diseases be spread by clothing?

If they were groping on skin then I'd readily understand the premise of your thread. But, the glove question does leave a question in my mind. What are they protecting themselves from? It seems logical that if they are protecting themselves from something then we should also request new gloves in order to protect ourselves from it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to post by MMPI2

Then it will be no trouble for you at all to source a single source proving that a pat search has led to venereal infection. I'll even allow that you can include law enforcement in that search, since obviously using the TSA yields ZERO Google hits.

I think, when it's all said and one the scoreboard will look something like this.... Heff: 1, hyperbole: 0

~Heff

Pat downs where TSA touch genital areas have just started. It is unprecedented. That is why there is the outcry.

Do some research, genius. Open your eyes. Get our of your own head for a while. Learn from the world for once.

What doctor, nurse, medical professional in the modern world does not change protective barriers after touching the genitals of a patient, and then moving to another patient.

Have you ever heard of universal precautions? Especially when considering the very easy touch transmission of human papilloma virus, staph, etc?

Infection control is an important thing for most of us who value our health.

You lose once again.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
TSA agents touch genitals when they search passengers.

Do they actually touch genitals? Or, do they touch the clothing on top? Can you catch a disease from clothing?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

It seems logical that if they are protecting themselves from something then we should also request new gloves in order to protect ourselves from it.

Absolutely, I agree with you.

People should take precautions to protect themselves and their family.

They should request that TSA agents change their gloves between fondle/molestation/searches.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Ah so it's name calling rather than actually proving anything of substance. I asked you to cite a single source showing a pat search leading to a person catching an STD and you did not or could not. Thanks for proving my point. You've been very helpful at keeping my scoreboard accurate.

~Heff

ETA: Pat searches through clothing are NOT a new phenomenon... Law enforcement, security, and even your local drug dealers have been doing these things for years. Surely you can find just one lawsuit awarding a settlement for causing a person to be infected from such practices... One? Anyone?

Man, Glen Beck has messed some folks up, but bad....
edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: added

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Can you catch a disease from clothing?

Sure....just as "You can catch VD from a toilet seat" was a common belief.....WHEN YOU WERE IN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!

EDIT: *snip*

edit on 21 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.
edit on 21-11-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Can you catch a disease from clothing?

Sure....just as "You can catch VD from a toilet seat" was a common belief.....WHEN YOU WERE IN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!

EDIT:

*snip*
edit on 21 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Ok then, why are they required to wear gloves? What are they (TSA agents) protecting themselves from?

Mod Edit: Removed piece of previous quoted post.
edit on 21-11-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

ETA: Pat searches through clothing are NOT a new phenomenon...

I agree, I've been pat searched many times (at work). I've never seen them wear gloves though. Why are the TSA agents wearing gloves?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Why are the TSA agents wearing gloves?

BED BUGS???

That's a good reason I suppose. So the OP's premise stands then? (Except for the disease it causes?)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Why are the TSA agents wearing gloves?

Some more nitpicking by the masses.

Would you like to touch hundreds of peoples a day, who knows where they might have been, with your naked hands???
They wear the gloves for their own sanitary reasons. Clothes are dirty, people are dirty, they don't want their hands dirty.
Why try and make a conspiracy out of the fact that they wear gloves for hygenic reasons.

A glove is not a condom. They wear it on their hands, and it will not spread STD. That is a crazy and desperate leap of faith.
Why does the janitor wear gloves??? To keep his hands clean.

Vvv

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You obviously need to go to health class again and learn how STDs are transmitted. This whole grope and molest crap is getting ridiculous! I haven't seen one video where I feel the TSA over stepped their boundaries in a PAT DOWN.

I don't care either way if I get patted down.

This insanity with all the TSA crap as got to stop. You are grasping for straws imo with this one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join