It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Suggestion to my Fellow Ladies: Do NOT Wear a Skirt to the Airport!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
WZZM TV

A Grand Rapids MI woman was singled out for the 'enhanced patdown' proceedure simply because she was wearing a skirt. Apparently nothing to do with opting out, or setting off alarms. They told her directly that it wsa because she was wearing the skirt which meant they couldn't determine whether or not explosives were hidden under it.

I would advise any of my fellow women out there to opt for snug fitting pants... not exactly comfortable for traveling, but at least you're less likely to be singled out for patdowns if you have to fly. The video interview is over in the upper right corner.

It just keeps getting worse, and worse, and worse.

ETA: The report also says that some people WILL be singled out for enhanced patdowns completely at RANDOM.
edit on 21-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
ETA: The report also says that some people WILL be singled out for enhanced patdowns completely at RANDOM.

Like for example here is Kim Kardashian getting her pat down.

Poor Pamela Anderson will never be able to get through those lines without a pat down. I wonder if anyone is keeping track how many women compared to men are getting this sort of attention. I will bet it is double.
I am traveling in a few days and I have a skirt hanging right now that I planned to arrive in. Women in slacks are a little too butch for my family but after hearing so much about this, I'll have to go with the pants.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Men should wear kilt and go commando under them.
This should be fun to watch as the TSA people try to figure out what to do.
www.flyertalk.com...
diogenes-honest-politician.blogspot.com...
community.babycenter.com...
www.freerepublic.com...
oregonexpat.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
All of you ATS ladies should be turning up to the airport dressed like this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad1c591264e7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You know, I've just been waiting to see how long it was until a celeb got it. Is it sad that a part of me hopes a few celebs get treated in a way that makes them start speaking out against the patdowns and the TSA? I hate to say it, but that may well be the fastest way to wake up the sheeple, after all many of them are entirely celebrity driven, it would be guaranteed to be splashed all over the MSM!

ETA: I'm glad you spotted this in time, that's exactly why I posted it. I was hoping to spare a few of my sisters the extra hassle they could present. Hope you make it safely!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
All of you ATS ladies should be turning up to the airport dressed like this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad1c591264e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh. My. God. HAH! You just gave me the naughtiest idea.. Full Elizabethan court garb, corset, farthingale and all. Any ladies here civil war reencators?

edit on 21-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: apparently I can't spell tonight

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

Yes! Try getting onto an international flight wearing a henin and see what happens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/822c5591fd4c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Yes! Try getting onto an international flight wearing a henin and see what happens

]

Now the wicked part of me wishes I was flying on Wednesday so I could opt out like that. It would get pretty funny I would imagine. It's not easy to get down to bloomers and smock! I can see it now. Me: If you want the corset off, you're going to have to unlace me, I'm sorry ma'am but my arms just don't bend around backwards.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Thank you so much for the cautionary warning for the skirt idea and also for your kind well wishes for my safe trip! Don't mind telling you this airport security hassle is intimidating and I dread it. Thanksgiving or not, if I didn't already have the ticket I would consider passing on this one.

Almost wish I had something to scare them with under my kilt!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I typically never wear skirts or dresses to airports anyway...I usually wear sweats or something very comfortable. However...that didn't seem to change the fact that this gentleman, who was wearing sweats and went through the body scanner...was still motioned for an enhanced pat down, they put their hands in his pants

I'm flying out in December, but that will be the last flight I'll ever book for holidays or leisure. And if it's business...I'll just drive or take another method of transportation. The only way I'll get on an airplane from now on is if there's an emergency, but that's it.

Good luck to the rest of you holiday flyers.
edit on 21-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread.
I wish I could find a response I made a few years back concerning the very issue.
In a nut shell here it is:

There will come a time, and sooner than you think, when we check into the airport, deposit our bags and from there it's into the locker-rooms. Change into a in-flight jumpsuit of sorts and you're given a handy dandy approved in flight carry on with a comb, toothbrush and paste, etc.
Arrive at your destination and from there do as you wish - maybe you've a smaller bag that goes through checkpoints with some quick wear, who knows. I'm sure THEY will work out the details and fine-tune the procedure.

peace

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You're very welcome. This has all reached the point of ridiculousness now, where oh where does it end? The last time I flew was Halloween, and fortunately I didn't get asked to go through the Rapiscan, just the metal detector. I didn't know about the new patdowns when I left, or I would have called off my trip. Now? There was a concert I really wanted to go in Vegas on New Year's Eve, but I'll take a pass. I won't go through the machine, not with the high breast/uterine cancer rate amogst the females of my family. I really, really do not want to suffer through the patdown. It would have to be the most dire emergency.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

We are sooooooooo stupid. While we are all getting our shorts in a group twist over terrorism the bad guys will be hiring private airplanes at small airports to do their dirty work.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

We are sooooooooo stupid. While we are all getting our shorts in a group twist over terrorism the bad guys will be hiring private airplanes at small airports to do their dirty work.

Now what would they do with a small plane? Crash into a small building?
They will target cruise ships and cargo vessels next.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by trailertrash

Now what would they do with a small plane? Crash into a small building?
They will target cruise ships and cargo vessels next.

Considering the fact that many of our ports aren't that secure? It's possible. Our border isn't secured either, for that matter. What's to prevent terrorists from traveling over our borders and transporting a dirty nuke with them that way?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
lol I have a corset from the old ren faire days. I could put that on, on top of 3 levels of spanx. More than likely I'd be pulled away to be examined for strip search. Boy am I nervous about this.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

There are many reasons it is unwise to secure our boarders with a fence and yearly animal migration is one of the best reasons for me. I think it is possible especially with technology today to devise some sort of camera, heat, or motion sensor type apparatus for the purpose of securing our boarders. Nothing else is practical or advised. If they can launch a satellite, participate in the megalithic CERN and HAARP projects this boarder security problem should not be so difficult to address with ingenuity, creativity and some able bodies to do the work.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I don't really feel a fence is the answer - that idea smacks way too much of the Berlin Wall. Something clearly needs to be done though, with the amount of people that are being killed. The problem is I'm not really sure what the solution is. I just feel like at this moment in time we're in a lot more danger from our own borders than we are from the Taliban all the way over in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum

I don't really feel a fence is the answer - that idea smacks way too much of the Berlin Wall. Something clearly needs to be done though, with the amount of people that are being killed. The problem is I'm not really sure what the solution is. I just feel like at this moment in time we're in a lot more danger from our own borders than we are from the Taliban all the way over in the Middle East.

We are in total agreement on that one. I wonder exactly what ideas are being thrown around as a solution to our boarder issues? I should look around and see if there is a thread on it, We definitely need some brainstorming and new technology and ideas to tackle that one. I am so happy you do not want "a wall" either.
Unfortunately like the TSA scanners are being hawked by Rapiscion, you can bet some "wall-builders" are hawking their wall segments and paying off politicians to force us - using (what else?) fear mongering to get us to go for it hook line and sinker.
For example: Rep Steven King hawking his Border Wall

Glenn Beck Interviews Duncan Hunter over Border Fence www.youtube.com...
Chinese steel pipe being used to build U.S. border fence www.youtube.com...
Senate Passes DeMint Amendment to Build the Border Fence www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised at all if our good friend Halliburton is involved somehow with the entire wall concept. Is there any pie that that company doesn't have its finger in? I think ultimately (as I just said in a thread about AZ) I don't think the Feds are actually interested in really securing the southern border. It's against their own interests. I wonder how much money they are making 'off the books' with their drug running? In the end, everything seems to boil to down to following the money. Which is amusing since money doesn't even really EXIST in the first place.

ETA: I just realized you are the poster that had been talking about Lord of the Flies in another thread. I've always loved that book. I remember in high school everyone in my class absolutely hated it, and thought I was a big freak for loving it as much as I did. I also got the same reaction over all the Shakespeare we had to read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join