It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Senator Wyden effectively kills Internet censorship bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

It's too early to say for sure, but Oregon Senator Ron Wyden could very well go down in the history books as the man who saved the Internet.

A bill that critics say would have given the government power to censor the Internet will not pass this year thanks to the Oregon Democrat, who announced his opposition during a recent committee hearing. Individual Senators can place holds on pending legislation, in this case meaning proponents of the bill will be forced to reintroduce the measure and will not be able to proceed until the next Congress convenes.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I am glad to know that someone is still standing up for our rights. Its important that we call our representatives and have our voice be heard on this topic. This issue determines everything in the future. This is the "over board" mark. We must not let this line be crossed. Support those who oppose the bill, and remember what types of people are supporting the bill.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
this is great news! i already wrote my senator about this and S 510 (the food safety and modernization act i think its called). i am a working musician with songs in film and publishing, and i am AGAINST THIS BILL!!! sorry for yelling. i just want to retire someday.

the people who are harmed by illegal downloading make so much money that any complaints they have are flat out insulting. for the rest of us, it is free advertising - expanding our potential audience and customer base.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If true...

THIS IS A MOST EPIC OF WIN!
edit on 21-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
thank god thats my senator i love that guy. go oregon woooooooo!!!!!!!!! how ironic its my state

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
well this is a ploy so the dems look like they did something when in fact it was draw up by his own party "Chairman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) is expected to introduce his net-neutrality bill" I pulled this from a valid website. So don't go jumping on the Dems are so great speech just yet. You need to look past the bs and see the games being played

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

Lol bro, some of my favorite artists out there, I would have never even known about if not for piracy. Blue october, the sick puppies, immortal technique, megadeth are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. These artists I never heard of from mainstream, and once I heard their music, I went out and spent my hard earned money to support them. It is refreshing when I find artists out there that don't only have one song that is worth listening to, but a whole album. I remember that is how it was back in the day, when I got a cassette tape. There would be maybe one or two songs on the whole tape I would FF past. These days it is usually only one or two songs worth listening to.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

More optimism please. We have to see the thing give way to corruption before giving in to pessimism

new topics

top topics

join