It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The Media Plays With Muslims' Emotions: Muslims in Melbourne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Here is a perfect example of how media plays with people emotions, provoke people and edits footage to gain more ratings.

(Censored version from news channel who reported this incident)

(Uncensored version with uploaders view including further details: PS - I like this one

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

Here's some unedited snips...

I also have an image burned into my memory of a teenage girl getting saturated with spit as it was being launched along side slaps and punches to the face. This went on for 15 - 20 minutes. Eventually she became stone cold and accepted her fate. There's a form of 2nd class human being you rarely see on the news either.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Americanist because: Apparently it's a cultural thing...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I agree... this was blatant and disgusting. I remember hearing about it when it happened. The guy should have, if not has been, sacked for that. That style of reporting should have ended in the 80's where it was rampant.

But there are also many cases where it does not need to be enticed. I hope that is also obvious..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yep, I'm in Melbourne and the reporter copped heaps for this..
It was good to see the truth told and people's eyes opened to what the media does to twist stories..
s&f cause it's my town

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's got nothing to do with "playing with muslims emotions". Jeez, that's as bad as the media sensationalizing things for ratings.

What it's about is creating drama to push up ratings. That's all.
The fact that they were Middle Easterners, and with all that's going on with terrorism and related issues, it's just even more incentive for the media to use them to create drama and beat things up to increase their ratings.

The media doesn't care if they are Muslim, from the Middle East, or Christian from the West.
Whatever is the hot topic/issue of the time, they will use THAT. To the media, religion and race are irrelevant in the battle for ratings.

new topics

top topics

join