It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephilim and non-modern humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A very interesting book by Dr. Joel Klenck entitled The Genesis Model for the Origin, Variation, and Continuation of Human Populations, argues that the Biblical Nephilim are extinct non-modern (or non-H. sapiens) humans such as the Neanderthal and H. antecessor. The book provides interesting comparisons of the combativeness and cannibalism in Neanderthal and other non-modern human populations and Biblical descriptions of the Nephilim. Klenck provides a rather chilling last chapter quoting geneticists (Prof. Church from Harvard U.) and paleoanthropologists (Prof. Hawks from U. of Wisconsin) that Neanderthals will be rebirthed or cloned using DNA and stem cells.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
religion will always try to link any scientific achievement, no matter how obscure the link is, to the bible.

ask a preacher if the neph are neandertals, he will light up and say yes...then ask him if nephs are these soo called aliens, and he will say yes also, then his head will explode.

incidently, die in a fire for using the introduction post for anything beyond introduction...lost count as to how many non-introduction introduction threads have come today...what the hell is going on..

makes me want to go back to the threads this morning and see what these people are trying to bury.
edit on 21-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So, creepy. Would that insurance company use the same cloned neanderthals for their tv commercial? Planet of the apes all over again!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
as far as i'm aware , the nephilim were a fallen angel / human hybrid . The bible also makes mention of the fact that " there were giants in those days " , of which sub-species Goliath the phillistine was possibly of.
As the greys are miniscule , i think its safe to assume we aren't talking about those =)

It never occurred to me until now , and i havent given it any real thought but could the nephilim be the dinosaurs ??
edit on 21-11-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The tie between the non-modern humans and Nephilim is interesting, especially since the former (e.g., Neanderthals) were 3 to 5 times stronger than modern humans, fully mature around age 13, and killed short-faced bears (and other giant mammals) with a hand axe -- even though they had the technology to kill these animals from far away.

"The Genesis Model" by Joel Klenck was interesting because it didn't discuss magic, aliens, or spirits but instead discussed material culture and morphology.

A correlation between dinos and Nephilim I don't think is possible. I think Genesis 6 mentions the Nephilim were "anashim" or human.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JB771
A very interesting book by Dr. Joel Klenck entitled The Genesis Model for the Origin, Variation, and Continuation of Human Populations, argues that the Biblical Nephilim are extinct non-modern (or non-H. sapiens) humans such as the Neanderthal and H. antecessor. The book provides interesting comparisons of the combativeness and cannibalism in Neanderthal and other non-modern human populations and Biblical descriptions of the Nephilim. Klenck provides a rather chilling last chapter quoting geneticists (Prof. Church from Harvard U.) and paleoanthropologists (Prof. Hawks from U. of Wisconsin) that Neanderthals will be rebirthed or cloned using DNA and stem cells.

Hey there as Saturn has already pointed out this is the 'introduction' forum ... where you introduce yourself and share a little info (favourite topics etc)

The rules and regs state that a new member needs to make 20 posts before starting a subject thread (this is a subject thread) ... so how about saving yourself from being labelled a 'rule breaker' and tell us a little bit about you and your topics of interest ... then this will really be an intro thread

Woody

edit on 24-11-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join