It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space may be first frontier for the next major conflict: Canadian official says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Space may be first frontier for the next major conflict: Canadian official says

home.mytelus.com

"The first line in the sand for the next major conflict may very well be in space or cyberspace, but probably not on the ground or in the air or in the seas," Dupuis said in an interview while attending the annual conference of the Canadian Space Society.

There will "absolutely" be more of a military role for Canada in space than in the past, Col. Andre Dupuis said on Saturday as he discussed the defence department's plans to overhaul its space defence policy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So space will be the first line in the sand for the next major (military i'm guessing) conflict?

Given the fact that this statement comes out days after a USAF and a Canadian jet crash.

"Dupuis is worried by what has since been going on above our heads in recent years, especially the activities of China."

Um have ATS members speculated about the possible China link. Does China have a space weapon we haven't heard about or is the Canadian military speculating they may be working on one?

I also find it strange he starts out talking conflict then ends with:

"This is a key," he said. "If we cannot demonstrate the benefit of space exploration for Canadians, obviously Canadians will say why are you doing that?
The head of Exploration Planning says that's exactly what the agency is now working on.
Piedboeuf also says he hopes to have a space exploration plan ready by the end of next March."

So their worried about the next conflict starting in space, but their gonna sell it to Canadians as space exploration??

Wow very curious to hear what the ATS military experts take is on this.

home.mytelus.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't think starting in space is the real issue. I believe it is because An I.C.B.M. Must travel through space first To achieve Contact from a far distance.

space.au.af.mil...

another upgrade to the existing Reagan era star wars program in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Dupuis says the satellite destruction by the Chinese was a clear indication the Chinese are planning ways to conduct operations in space.

And why shouldn't they? Is space owned by someone else?

"Not space warfare, but operations in space to deny the advantage frankly to the West," he said.

And why exactly should "The West" have a sole advantage? Scared of competition and the thought of not having complete control over EVERYTHING?

"For the public at large, space is out of sight and out of mind," he told the conference. "The public's idea is Hollywood ...that's by and large their notion of space."

Yeah, thanks, you get the same respect in return....moron!
Maybe if people like Mr.Dupuis lived in the real world and concentrated more on sorting out what is happening down here on this ball of dirt then he may gain a little more respect and a lot more interest and support in what he is trying to convey and achieve. I bet he doesn't have debts, ever go hungry and has a nice fat pension lined up. All paid for by his humble servant the tax payer....who he is slagging off...and the taxpayers who will have no choice but to fund these projects while forgoing their own needs.

For example, satellite data is useful when it comes to keeping an eye on large projects like pipelines, oil sands and the off-shore, Bancroft said.

Who's?

Don't bite the hand that feeds you Mr Dupuis and don't assume we are all dumb.

I HATE meglomania.
edit on 21/11/2010 by nerbot because: added last comment.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
They have been working on weaponizing space for a while now. It started with the star wars project and now they are working on kinetic weapons and other things to be kept in orbit around the planet. I agree that the next major conflict may be in space or at least over something happening in space. I would imagine that China is working on something if they already test anti-satelite weapons.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by I B Dazzlin
They have been working on weaponizing space for a while now. It started with the star wars project

The Soviets had satallites that were capable of using lasers to light up American satallites in the 60s. Soviets had an array of space and ASAT weaponry that the West could only dream about. I'm no expert in the field, but I've seen some interesting videos/photos of tests from both the Soviets and Americans.

There was some stupid UFO show on tv that I saw once... and the only credible thing I saw on it was amateur video some UFO hunters took in the 80s in some restricted US land that clearly showed a massive land-based ASAT chemical-laser lighting up the night sky. I've never seen or heard of this technology from any other source, though the Russians did develop such technology but obviously space weaponry is of the highest-clearance that us mortals will probably never see

As for space being the next territory grab... Yeah, sadly it looks that way. Most logical people have been pushing for space to be neutral territory that is owned by no one, but the US has shot down any effort by the UN to make this international law. In fact, Bush ducked out of space-based weapon treaties (or proposed ones anyways) within the last ten years, and as we have all seen, the US has been sending many rockets into space with unknown payloads...

top topics

join