It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Bush on Sarah Palin: I hope she stays in Alaska!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Former president George H. W. Bush expressed his opinion on the Tea Party, saying that he doesn't quite understand what it is. In the same interview, when Larry King asked the former first lady, Barbara Bush, what she thought of Sarah Palin, she said...

"I sat next to her once, thought she was beautiful, and I think she's very happy in Alaska. I hope she'll stay there."

Source

More folks join the long list of critics of Sarah Palin, and the Tea Party; this time it is the former first couple of the United States. One might say that the obvious perfect candidate in their eyes is Jeb Bush, and hence this criticism. But George Bush did mention on the Tonight Show on Thursday that he is sure that his brother will not run in 2012, at least. If the Tea Party wants to wrestle for power to gain control over the GOP, they should know that they have people within the GOP who'd rather not let that happen.

On a side note...this remark was pretty hilarious, in my opinion.

Do you think we will see a sharp response from Sarah Palin? Will her next Facebook blog be about this?

I wish I could include a poll here on the sidebar. I do that on another website where I am a sports-journalist.

Heck, let's try that here.

Do you want Sarah Palin to stay in Alaska?

1. Yes, please!
2. No. Next stop, Washington DC!

Poll stands at 0-0 right now, as the OP will try to be neutral...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

I LOVE my GEMINIS,love u Barabra.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

She is really something.

You know you have become a political laughing stock when even the Bushes make fun of you.

Can I ask you to vote on the poll above?

edit on 21-11-2010 by Arrius because: the poll thingy...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

please, for gods sake stay in Alaska,First vote.STAY.

It might be good for barbara to say that,every one follows the bushes,there both geminis ,wouldnt you ? but no, i hate them both, but i love them because we are geminis,love hate thing i guess,dont know.funny she would say that,lol.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I kind of guessed that'd be the answer.

So, the poll stands at 1-0 right now....let's see!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Of course she is saying that.
She want's to make easy for someone else.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize she wants to tell you a little story about a man named Jeb.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by Arrius

It might be good for barbara to say that,every one follows the bushes,there both geminis ,wouldnt you ? but no, i hate them both, but i love them because we are geminis,love hate thing i guess,dont know.funny she would say that,lol.

I am a Capricorn. What do Capricorns do?

I don't know why but I am fascinated by the Bush family. I'm not a fan of their presidencies, at all. But darn...I find them quite affable!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

But Jeb is not going to run in 2012. Or at least that's what they are saying right now.
I think they genuinely dislike Palin, and the whole Tea Party movement in general. And I think this goes beyond just creating good weather for Jeb. I could be wrong, of course. I see where you're coming from, my friend.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by Arrius

I am a Capricorn. What do Capricorns do?

I don't know why but I am fascinated by the Bush family. I'm not a fan of their presidencies, at all. But darn...I find them quite affable!

These are just a few of the Capricorn humans ,and it seems they have the gift to become legends in your history of events in life.

.Tiger Woods
Jesus Christ
Martin Luther king
Paul Revere

Mel Gibson
Marilyn Manson
Robert Duvall
Joan of Arc

Nicolas Cage

Kenny Loggins
Millard S. Fillmore (13th US President)
1935 Elvis Presley (singer, actor)

1945 Rod Stewart (singer)
1944 Frank Sinatra Jr. (singer)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Barbara Bush, one elite person, who just got there, for just being born, about another rising elite person, who's actually working the media. lol

No doubt, they are all Lizard spawns!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i vote she stays in alaska, but i love alaska so i am conflicted

maybe we should send her to space? no, because then we'd just end up drilling on the moon, like south park. nerts. oh well. oh i know! we just build a fence around her like the one she suggested we use as immigration policy, and throw her kittens to eat once a week.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I vote for her to stay in Alaska, please, please stay in Alaska.

I do not understand how she came to be this media darling down here, when she left office disgraced?! The whole brother in law situation, remember.

On a side note, her reality show commercial REALLY irritates me, the part where she says "I just want to stay here (in Alaska) and be free" please do Sarah I want you to be happy. Stay in Alaska, Stay Free.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I hope to be more like Jesus, less like Mel, and maybe throw in a bit of Elvis, too.

I am amused by astrology, but I have my reservations. My grandma strongly believed in astrology, and signs, and everything. My best friend does, too.
Do you believe in predestined future? That the "script" is already written...?
Hmmm...mods might say we're going off-topic. Let me put it this way....was the script that Mrs. Bush was going to say this, already written?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

This is true.
Many people believe Bush should've stayed in TX...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

Poor, poor kitties, though.

How about the Bermuda triangle? :p

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

It's now 3-0. Wow, no Sarah Palin supporters out here? Where are the ATS Mama Grizzlies??!!

I find her somewhat delusional. And irritating. Mind you, I am no fan of Bush or Obama. But the thought of Sarah as POTUS makes me feel scared for my country.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

yeah dont get me wrong i love kittens! i just think palin does too.... CHOMP CHOMP! just kidding.

seriously though, i hope this thread takes off, because it could be an accurate barometer for how "off the deep end" ATS has gone.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It made me think of the Death Eaters for some reason. (Can't wait to watch the new HP, btw...darn, I feel like I'm the only one who has not watched that movie now...) I don't hate Palin, so I don't wanna make that extreme comparison, but she does give me the chills!

Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see different opinions of Sarah Palin coming from ATS-ers here. We'll see how much polarized we are over her...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You know, you have given me an idea.

Mods....how about having "Question of the day" or something like that on the front page? A simple yes/no poll related to a hot topic on ATS, chosen by mods....Click yes or no, and you're taken to that thread, where you can participate in the debate, and see the results somewhere on top or the side....can work?

If you guys use this idea...can I haz some ATS points...?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Q. Do you want Sarah Palin to stay in Alaska?

A. I want her to be shipped to Guantanamo for dumbing the masses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join