It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is JP Morgan Chase?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 – 1860)

"Yes, as through this world I've wandered I've seen lots of funny men; Some will rob you with a six-gun, and some with a fountain pen." (Woody Guthrie, "Pretty Boy Floyd")

JP Morgan Chase is the simply the governments’ main holding company.

JP Morgan Chase, as of March 31, 2008, was holding 89.99 trillion ($89,997,271,000,000) in derivatives. These were mostly government futures (bets on future prices). 89.99 trillion!!!!

JP Morgan Chase was only holding 1.4 trillion ($1,407,568,000,000) in actual assets at the time!

From: “OCC’s Quarterly Report on Bank Trading and Derivatives Activities First Quarter 2008″

Table 1: NOTIONAL AMOUNT OF DERIVATIVE CONTRACTS
TOP 25 COMMERCIAL BANKS AND TRUST COMPANIES IN DERIVATIVES
MARCH 31, 2008

RANK BANK NAME TOTAL DERIVATIVES

1 JPMORGAN CHASE BANK NA $89,997,271,000,000
2 BANK OF AMERICA NA $37,939,665,000,000
3 CITIBANK NATIONAL ASSN $37,691,434,000,000
4 WACHOVIA BANK NATIONAL ASSN $4,884,775,000,000
5 HSBC BANK USA NATIONAL ASSN $4,279,737,000,000
6 WELLS FARGO BANK NA $1,440,229,000,000
7 BANK OF NEW YORK $1,058,618,000,000
8 STATE STREET BANK&TRUST CO $904,593,000,000
9 PNC BANK NATIONAL ASSN $248,705,000,000
10 SUNTRUST BANK $241,369,000,000

*Note: 2010 2nd quarter derivatives holdings for JP Morgan Chase were listed at $75,253,921,000,000, with only $1,568,093,000,000 in assets.

*Note: BofA and Citibank Derivatives went up to 48.5 trillion and 45.9 Trillion respectively.

*Note: Goldman Sachs is also now listed for 2nd quarter 2010 as holding 42 trillion in derivatives contracts, with only 95.5 billion in assets, seemingly from out of nowhere, as they are not listed on this 2008 report!

See all Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) reports here: (www.occ.gov...)

Over-the-counter derivatives traded privately between investors are largely unregulated. The global over-the-counter derivatives market is estimated as of 2003 to have a value of $142 trillion and as of 2010 580 trillion… The Fed continues to be concerned that the relatively small number of institutions that act as dealers in derivatives markets may pose risks. In particular, the Fed worries what would happen “if a big derivatives dealer had to exit the market.” – Alan Greenspan – 2003

(snip) We are mice caught in a maze with no exit. For the game is rigged by the gatekeeper.

original source: realitybloger.wordpress.com...

My personal Administrative Notes are within the Tweet I made of this article. The reality of "this atmosphere" fails to understand that to brutally truthfully understand where we ARE ... we must take a long hard look at HOW we got here because we have allowed Milititary Managed Media to distort, destroy, and DRONE away the lessons we learned about Vietnam, COIN, OutPosts, torture and carpet bombing. More comments in the tweeted link below. PLease comment back here. Thank you for ABTS

What is JP Morgan Chase? ow.ly... #What #JP #Morgan #Chase #bank #fed #government #ownership #raping #citizens #wealth #robbers #pen

Bob
mycommonsensepolitics.net...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
could you explain to me what derivatives are and why they are significant?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

easier just to look it up and read for yourself.

en.wikipedia.org...(finance)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Personally, I think Chase is evil, paid off my card and didn't look back

Is there a more recent listing of the data, because a number of those banks have merged or been bought out since 2008?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
so a derivative is like an agreement or contract to purchase x item for x amount, but in the future? meaning its based on expectations on the value of x item according to market trends or the desired market outcome, but in the future? it sounds like buying future stocks that don't exist. i dont see the good in that other than increasing the value of the companies stock at the present who is (i guess) offering the derivative now, but putting itself and the buyer at huge risk in the future of either major loss on either the buyer or sellers side? are they essentially purchasing non existent stock, investing in non existent assets? how can you ever expect to see full returns on assets that don't even exist? this whole derivative scheme seems to contradict the entire financial system by agreeing on prices and interest rates for the future on things that don't even exist now. but i think there is something i am missing, which is why i'm asking for help understanding. thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
sandf
I'm listening to Bob Chapmen on Erskin Overnight he is talking about bringing JPMC down
they have been selling silver they don't have.
1oo to one I think he just said.

great thread

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
so a derivative is like an agreement or contract to purchase x item for x amount, but in the future? meaning its based on expectations on the value of x item according to market trends or the desired market outcome, but in the future? it sounds like buying future stocks that don't exist. i dont see the good in that other than increasing the value of the companies stock at the present who is (i guess) offering the derivative now, but putting itself and the buyer at huge risk in the future of either major loss on either the buyer or sellers side? are they essentially purchasing non existent stock, investing in non existent assets? how can you ever expect to see full returns on assets that don't even exist? this whole derivative scheme seems to contradict the entire financial system by agreeing on prices and interest rates for the future on things that don't even exist now. but i think there is something i am missing, which is why i'm asking for help understanding. thanks.

It is NOT "Pretty" asperetty ... but ... you are in brutal truth actual flat fact correct

Now you know your world view just went

As they say ... "government can't break laws" ... especially when the FED, SEC, OGAMA, ANYBODY ...

prosecute through not only court action but in congress to revoke the "No-Bid Contract" of the FED Reserve.

One should also take a look at a book called 'Washington Rules"

search.barnesandnoble.com...

About WHY more than 50% flat fact of our budget is spent KILLING people instead of HELPING people.

The ENTIRE BUILDING FOUNDATIONS should be "on the table" in these comming "Debt Commissions"...

Debt my ass ... Fracking Bank Robbers With Pens and Automated Human Robo Signers for Fake Titles ...

And ... FAKE Futures ...

That 's like Tony Soprano asking the Vegas Bookies (US Gov) to cover bets on ten years from now a Super Bowl game between the Jets and Giants with an OVER side for a twin bill ... and the game might NEVER EVEN HAPPEN !!!

Yet ... Tony walks away with his cash ... Just like Bernie Madhoff did ... whole thing is the same difference.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, squats and craps like a duck ...blast the fracker

Bob

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rhw007

oh im surprised i got it haha.
but this isn't reserved to corporations. futures, swaps and whatnot can also be purchased by the layman. sure, the corps do it at billions of dollars worth, but still, if the layman can get in it, then who is to say it is wrong? no one will complain when they are making millions off this fraud.
by the way, i just watched half of corporation nation. anyone else seen that doc? is it true that every organization, whether it be a city or an association or anything as long as it is registered with the government, is truly a corporation, a business? apparently (from the example in the vid) each state corporation AKA government makes enough money in revenues from investments alone that they could easily pay off their debts, but they use money from taxes, fees, and revenue to pay off interest groups, lobby groups, and the higher echelons of society and also use these funds to invest further in corporate stocks to further pay these people and so on. it sounds unbelievable. i suggest watching that vid. its pretty boring,, but highly informative. google the corporation nation video. everything you see is owned by a corporation. everything you think you own is not yours, but another corporation. the law says so.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
reply to post by rhw007

oh im surprised i got it haha.
(snip) i suggest watching that vid. its pretty boring,, but highly informative. google the corporation nation video. everything you see is owned by a corporation. everything you think you own is not yours, but another corporation. the law says so.

Good video ... economic thinking is usually boring unless its your own bank statement ... and I have a different thoery about the whole "It's the Economy Stupid!" idea ...

It's the MONEY Stupid .

The Economy can't work without MONEY and the one who DEFINES what "Money" is and what it is worth t other countries money is currently set by GAMBLERS like Tony, JP Morgan, et al ,,,,

That's why the FED needs to corraled, broken and saddled to work FOR the Average American and AGAINST the ELITE ABUSE of Wealth. I'm not against wealth ... just don't use it to stomp on the poor... which has been the National Security Policy refined by Luce and others after WWII but put into place and defined by JP Morgan, Rockefeller and the others at the turn of the 20th Century from 1900 to just after WWI.

Prestige about "Washington Rules" went back to it NOT being the job of America to be the World's cop, and for our Troops not to be used as Corporate Thugs.

WWII changed that forever.

EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENT HAS NOT WAVERED ON THOSE RULES !!!

Bob

top topics

join