It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Necronomicon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I just heard of this book and I was wondering what people here knew about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Jeeez, yes...old school book. Haven't gotten it out in like 15 years (I think I still have it). I will have to look around and see if I can find it. From what I knew then...they were pretty hard to get.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I suggest you read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Seems like every Sci-fi movie today is using that name...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I own it, its sitting on my desk as I speak, very good book.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Is this the same book that HP Lovecraft invented for his stories? I always thought it wasn't real, but I guess I am wrong seeing two posters who have it.

To those two posters, what is it all about? Where can I get a copy? Is it fiction? Do tell.

I am a huge Lovecraft fan (as if you couldn't tell from username, avatar, location, mood and signature:lol
and I have seen it mentioned in several of his stories, so nopw I am very curious.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've heard its been lost for centuries. Doesn't it give the reader the ability to raise the dead or bring forth demonic abominations from the dugeon of hell?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It has various incantations, signs, sigils and seals of the Ancient gods, some of the Abominations and other various things. Ive had this thing for years, I think I got it at some book shop that sells books that most places dont want to mess with

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malkavin
It has various incantations, signs, sigils and seals of the Ancient gods, some of the Abominations and other various things. Ive had this thing for years, I think I got it at some book shop that sells books that most places dont want to mess with

Too cool, thanks for the photo Mal. Who authored it? Who published it? When was the first publish date?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's pretty much anywhere...
Amazon
Why yes folks, you can even get a signed copy
Ebay

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Follow that Amazon link and it tells you the publishing info...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Avon Books printed it. Here is some info incase you want to get it, Im sure you will be able to find it with this info somehow.

Copyright 1977 by Schlangekraft Inc.
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 79-56778
ISBN: 0-380-75192-5
First Avon Books Publishing: March 1980

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Enron and Mal. I may want to purchase a copy of it. You know, to bring forth The Old Ones and whatnot.

Edit: I just went to the Amazon site and checked it out. Yeah, this is all based on the writings of HP Lovecraft. Pretty much all of it was invented by him. All down to the original author: The mad arab, Abdul Alhazred.

Does the book give any recognition to Lovecraft?

[edit on 6-30-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Happy spellcasting!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't need a book like that to summon demons from hell. I just lure my brother outside for the same effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Is this the same book that HP Lovecraft invented for his stories? I always thought it wasn't real, but I guess I am wrong seeing two posters who have it.

It was created by Lovecraft, though once his stories started getting popular the necronomicon and the old ones started finding there way into the world of the occult. Alot of people will tell you lovecraft was big into the occult but that's not really true.

There's a lot of good information on lovecraft out there, if you do your research you'll find that the necronomicon is made up. The paperback book one of the posters was holding up is not based on ancient knowledge but a mish mash of various magickal rights mixed in with some sassy lovecraftian lore.

Still in the end it doesn't really matter. Magick, in the end comes down to belief and will. If it works with you than go forth and let your freak flag fly.

But, it is not an ancient book.

This is not an opinion, its fact.

Just google lovecraft and look around, also Fortean Times has a very good article on him this month.

SPiderj

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I don't need a book like that to summon demons from hell. I just lure my brother outside for the same effect.

So that's why we've been getting thunderstorms every day for the past two weeks here

top topics

join