It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea now has Nuclear Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

WASHINGTON — North Korea showed a visiting American nuclear scientist last week a vast new facility it secretly and rapidly built to enrich uranium, confronting the Obama administration with the prospect that the country is preparing to expand its nuclear arsenal or build a far more powerful type of atomic bomb.

simply astonishing to say the least, although i guess we shouldnt be so much surprised since they had nuclear bombs, now they showing the world they can utilize nuclear energy. N. Korea is really getting up there as a totalitarian dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

They are getting up there as a totalitarian dictatorship, because they built a nuclear power plant? I am not sure I understand your statement.
edit on 20-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: Spelling. Dangit, already quoted! My error saved for eternity! Woe!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Kojack

They are getting up their as a totalitarian dictatorship, because they built a nuclear power plant? I am not sure I understand your statement.

Let me transelate:

"uhgggghh

North Korea baaad

America gooood

North Korea Nuke baaaaad

America nuke no baaaaad"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That's pretty much how I read it too.

North Korea is hardly an angelic state, but I fail to see how nuclear power, necessary due to sanctions and a lack of oil, is a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

They've detonated a nuclear bomb before....

Why is this news to you ??

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Just more news to demonize the North Korean government. Since his son has been introduced propganded is being worked overtime.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
....and why shouldnt they benifit from the strength of nuclear power?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kojack

simply astonishing to say the least, although i guess we shouldnt be so much surprised since they had nuclear bombs, now they showing the world they can utilize nuclear energy. N. Korea is really getting up there as a totalitarian dictatorship.

If nuclear power = totalitarian dictatorship, I'm guessing US is up there too?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I fail to see what difference this makes. The North Korean system is horrific but they have been beyond any reasonable outside coercion for a long time (except china, and their interest lies in status quo).

They have had nuclear weapons for some time and even if they didn't, they have the conventional ability to devastate the south. There are no credible military options.

The only option is to try and contain their proliferation of nuclear weapons until their state collapses from within.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I taught they were deploying intense effort to achieve Cold Fusion ? .??

Why would they use uranium fro cold fusion ? the cold fusion stuff was in a article some weeks ago, and they were pointing the fact that they were very strong and in advance in this field !...

new topics

top topics

join