It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the leaders of the Confederacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was just browsing around on wikipedia. I decided to check out Abraham Lincoln since Stephen Spielberg want's to make a movie about the former President of the U.S. I saw that both Jefferson Davis and Alexander H. Stephens were both members of the Democrat party of their time. I know the Democrat party of today is much different then in the past. I was wondering if I can find out more about the Confederacy and the Democratic party at the time. I have had talked to many about who favor the Confederates over the Union and say the Civil War was not about slavery it was about Liberty and freedom. Anyone care to share what you think and state the facts as well?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I once read somewhere that put this in a different perspective. Basically the democrats are todays republicans, and the republicans are todays democrats. Hahahaha. Anyway, people don't goto war for selfless reasons, it's a selfish purpose. Maybe they've hidden that from your country.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Lincoln was a racist that wanted to send the blacks back to Africa.

He also manged to single handedly kill over a half million American's and destroy state's rights.

Praise Mao, and may Stalin force you to watch these videos.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Actually from the founding of the nation, the Founding Father's failed to disclose one little thing, that they had obligated the new nation to tens and tens of millions of dollars in debts to the European Lords and Banks who had all owned the land prior to the Revolution. Because they had no money, they kept borrowing and borrowing from those wealthy European Nobles and Banks, and more still, relying on them to kick serfs and vassals of their property and send them over here so we could build up the nation and make it economically viable.

However by the early to mid 1800's several of the southern states were in default on their state's share of the loans.

So they basically tried to just break away, and say, we aren't going to pay. The bankers in London basically told the President in Washington, that if he didn't work it out, that they would disclose all the money that the people of America were put on the hook for, and that most of us, were still the property of our original English Lords, Barons, Dukes, etc. etc.

So Washington had two choices, agree to pay back all the Southern state's debts themselves, face scandalous ruin, and a European foreclosure and take over, or force the South back into the Union, and get it to start paying on it's debts again.

And that's the way it was, 1861 in the United States of Slavery!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Since you asked.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Confederate Constitution

The Constitution of the Confederate States of America was the supreme law of the Confederate States of America, as adopted on March 11, 1861 and in effect through the conclusion of the American Civil War.

The Confederacy also operated under a Provisional Constitution from February 8, 1861 to March 11, 1861.

The original Provisional Constitution is currently located at the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, Virginia, and differs slightly from the version later adopted.

The final, hand-written document is currently located in the University of Georgia archives at Athens, Georgia.

In regard to most articles of the Constitution, the document is a word-for-word duplicate of the United States Constitution.

However, there are crucial differences between the two documents, in tone and legal content.

I happened upon by that by sheer happenstance one night.

The American Civil War was not originally about slavery whatsoever.

It was about the states rights to secede from the Union.

Lincoln made it about slavery through the Emancipation Proclamation.

This was a means to not only end slavery but to stir up the South.

Imagine all of the slaves perception changing that they were free because Lincoln declared it.

This gave the morale of slaves a boost, kicked the South in the nuts, and found more cannon fodder.
edit on 11/20/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight To The Post.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
hello RR
the creator of my AV, Gen'l PGTBeauregard was asked to run and replace Davis owing to the popularity he had after winning several battles early in the Civil war. Fort Sumpter was his baby, the first battle of the civil war.
After Manassas he was considered a hero.the battle Left the south twenty miles from an undefended Washington.
He declined because he felt he had his job to do, and because he hated politics and was often at odds with the politicians, and even his own superiors.
Beauregard's personal papers and correspondences show that he knew all the time this was a states rights
issue, and that this was a banker take over. He had put together a plan and had it ready to resolve the funding and supply issues and it was squashed...IMHO showing that the South was meant to loose from the start.

And he enraged President Davis when his report about Bull Run was printed in the newspaper, which suggested that Davis's interference with Beauregard's plans prevented the pursuit and full destruction of McDowell's army and the capture of Washington

en.wikipedia.org...
I hope you will read this link
It is telling in hind sight

guess I'm sayng
same same as to day
Lincoln and all the other assassinated presidents minted coin then got bumped off
they are the only presidents to be assassinated (4 I think )

new topics

top topics

join