It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA gropes young boy's testicles while he is strip searched in front of everyone

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I am not really sure I see the answer in there but with the length of your response, maybe I missed it? I thought it would be a little more brief. Who do we target with extra special searches? I appologize if my question was not clear.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
Start with everybody who is not Caucasian, and above the age of 7.

2nd line.

Is that a real answer or is ATS kind of a sarcastic little place?

And here is my second line.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
If you don't want to be patted down, you can go back home and get a bus or a train ticket.

You can go back home after they release you from your "indefinite detention", that is.

Before that release, it's probably not a simple as that...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chett

I'm not in favor of these regulations but..

What I won't do is stand around as people try to twist the constitution into anything they #ing want it to be. It's pathetic and people on ATS should know better.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure they'll ship you off to gitmo because you didn't want your groin patted down..\

Thats exactly what they'll do. Maybe they'll waterboard you to get the answers as to why you don't like being patted down.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah. Lets go ahead and take this to extremes.

Islamic Extremists use kids as bombs, weapons and tools of war all the time. They also used airliners as weapons incase you missed that giant stack of smoke in New York 9 years ago.

How many of those hijackers were American kids under the age of 10?

How many were American citizens?

How many were non-muslims?

You advocate tarring EVERYONE with that brush, yet I'M taking it to extremes?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra5Finish

I am not really sure I see the answer in there but with the length of your response, maybe I missed it? I thought it would be a little more brief. Who do we target with extra special searches? I appologize if my question was not clear.

Simplest and most direct answer: you target the sort of people who have a track record of blowing things up.

For example, when I was guarding a bank, I didn't pay nearly as much attention to the guy in a 3 piece suit carrying a deposit bag as I did the guy in a hoodie and sunglasses, who kept his hands in his pockets and seemed to be trying to look everywhere at once.

As a matter of fact, whenever someone came in to any place I was working, bank or whatever, and immediately focused on my uniform, I paid a lot more attention to that individual. I went on the theory that if someone wanted to know where I was, it would be good for me to know where they were. You can learn a lot about someone's intentions by watching them. That doesn't mean you pounce on them, it means you pay closer attention to see if they really NEED to be pounced upon.

In all those years, that theory NEVER let me down. Not once.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure they'll ship you off to gitmo because you didn't want your groin patted down..

Thats exactly what they'll do. Maybe they'll waterboard you to get the answers as to why you don't like being patted down.

Maybe you missed the post with the pertinent information in it. Here is a link to that post.

Two more statements concerning this post:

1) WHO is taking it to extremes again?

2) Waterboarding is for wussies.

Edit to add: I'll add that quote you missed in the referenced post again, but you'll have to click the link above to get to the link for the source. It takes a minimum of effort, because nothing is free:

“Once a person submits to the screening process, they can not just decide to leave” warned Sari Koshetz, a TSA spokesperson. TSA officials say that anyone refusing both the “full body scanners” and the “enhanced pat down” procedures will be taken into custody.

Once there the detainees will not only be barred from flying, but will be held indefinitely as suspected terrorists, face fines of up to $11,000 and may also be turned over to local police. One sheriff’s office said they were already preparing to handle a large number of detainees and plan to treat them as terror suspects, held until they are convinced they don’t pose a terror threat.

edit on 2010/11/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You sure you weren't groping your own Eric?

Actually the guy at the front with that bad taste shirt should be arrested immediately.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
We just need to stop flying. The airlines won't last long. =)

I can almost guarantee you that if that ever happened the Obama Administration would just hand over hundreds of billions of dollars to the airline industry to bail them out. "Too big to fail" is now federal policy. Besides, the unions helped him get elected, and will again. He owes them.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You know you're just twisting words at this point..
Let it go. This IS NOT a constitutional issue.

Your constitutional rights have NOT been violated if you walk to an airport, and then consent to a pat down.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Thats insane.

I take it back.. that's a constitutional issue when they hold you and fine you like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Thats insane.

I take it back.. that's a constitutional issue when they hold you and fine you like that.

Something we can agree upon, then.

It's a start.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Originally posted by Chett
Think you can avoid it by not flying? Think again

bus station

Srry haven't figured out how to embed it

Absolutely frick'n disgusting. How long before they start putting "checkpoints" randomly around city streets?

What is the difference between this and "1984"? It surely is not the future I had in mind growing up. This was the stuff of bad movies. Now its our reality.

Funny, I don't feel safe.
at least not from unnecessary intrusion and invasion of privacy.

And ever since I came to this country I have read and listened to so many people talk about how something like this was going to happen here. And now it is coming true, a police state.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

This is ridiculous. There has to be a better way. If I didn't see it myself I don't think I would believe TSA screening is happening like this. I am so sick of people saying "if it makes us safer, I don't care what they do."
BS. You should care. This is how rulers justify and get away with war and every other criminal act against freedom, democracy and peace in this world.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Well, the holding part is the issue.

Not the searching part.

It's horribly wrong to detain someone and not just send them back through the gate to go home.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well, the holding part is the issue.

Not the searching part.

It's horribly wrong to detain someone and not just send them back through the gate to go home.

What's the difference?

There's no probable cause in either case, detaining or searching.

Same goes for the random roadblocks euphemistically called "DUI checkpoints". No probable cause. The mere act of driving is not probable cause to stop and detain, not even detain long enough to demand "your papers, pliss, Herr Smith". There were "checkpoints" in nazi Germany where you had to produce papers as well. That didn't turn out too well.

The problem here as I see it is that in any of the above cases, when you give 'em an inch, they go ahead and reel in a mile. I'm all for throwing up some blockages of our own.

Welcome to the police state! Enjoy your stay!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
To those saying they would just refuse and leave, or suggesting that others refuse and leave:

If you refuse the pat-down, you aren't allowed to just leave the airport. You are taken into custody and "interviewed" until they feel satisfied that you are not a threat.

To those saying that they would punch out someone touching their kid:

Try it. Someone already went to jail for striking a TSA agent, even though it was in jest. You can say "they won't tell me what to do, they won't do x to me" all you want, and it's easy to be an "internet tough guy", but when you are actually in the situation and surrounded by authorities with guns and tazers, you will likely be much more compliant than you think. If you do decide to take a swing, you will spend the next few hours if not days in detention or jail, how are you any good to your kid then?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer

To those saying that they would punch out someone touching their kid:

Try it. Someone already went to jail for striking a TSA agent, even though it was in jest. You can say "they won't tell me what to do, they won't do x to me" all you want, and it's easy to be an "internet tough guy", but when you are actually in the situation and surrounded by authorities with guns and tazers, you will likely be much more compliant than you think. If you do decide to take a swing, you will spend the next few hours if not days in detention or jail, how are you any good to your kid then?

You're making an assumption here. You assume I'd have a problem with going to jail. I wouldn't. The only difference is the size of the cage - but it's a cage either way. If you DON'T stand for your principles, you're building your own cage. Besides, a stay in the crossbar hotel involves free room and board. No, I'm not being flippant. It's not like I've never been to jail before.

How am I doing my kid any good then? I'm showing him that, no matter what the fallout, you stick to your guns, put your money where your mouth is, and have the courage of your convictions.

I'm demonstrating that you don't just roll over and take it. I'm showing him the difference between a citizen and a subject. I'm showing him that you protect your kids from predators, whatever it costs.

I'd also demonstrate that if your going to go to jail anyhow, the best thing to do is make sure you get their money's worth.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
By god I think there is another way besides grabbing the boy's private area to search for weapons or bombs, his shorts are only like twelve inches long, I think this is very unnapropriate. Couldnt they have just grabbed his shorts at the sides or something and shook, that would ve been a hell of a lot better than actually putting their hands on the poor kid

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join