It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last chance to save tigers ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I felt that this was worth posting.

Although the fierce and wily tigers may be the epitome of power in their natural habitat, they have seemed nearly helpless against man. The World Wildlife Fund and other experts say only about 3,200 of the big cats remain in the wild, a severe plunge from an estimated 100,000 a century ago.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Natural selection, eh? They'll go extinct eventually.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You, my friend, are an idiot! Natural selection? Man has destroyed animals "Natural" habitats for years, and you call that natural?? You obviously have no idea how nature works!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now here is a man I respect, he took a Tiger and raised it. Tigers don't belong in SA, but this guy is an animal lover, and as animal lovers, we take in the weak and help them!

How awesome is this!

edit on 20-11-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Chinese Farmed Tigers because of the supposed magical properties of some of their parts.
Farming them is now Not allowed. So now some hunt them to get their parts and make a living...

But ask yourself this... Has any farmed animal ever gone extinct?? Sheep, Cows, Chickens...

If tigers were allowed to be farmed again then they would not go extinct, in the wild probably but not altogether.
Its because there would be profit to be made with the tigers. its always money...

I know it sounds drastic but this would save the tiger from Dissapearing off the planet forever.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Hahaha.. Are you telling me our technological advances are not natural? If we have the brain for it, then it is natural. Everything we are doing is natural. We "evolved" to do this, because our environment made us this way. What, you think we just came from some other planet completely out of touch with this one and just raped the land? No. This is natural, we became the predominant species on this planet due to our adaptations. So just as other animals can kill other animals for fun, food, or training, we do too.

You sir, are naive. You seem to live in a fairy tale land where men and animals can co-exist ala Narnia. By the way, your entire posts seems forced through an opinionated thought, bound by emotion. Might wanna take a strangle hold on your outbursts there teddy boy. Must..Resist..Amusing..Retaliatory Cussing...

P.S, Hippies vs Poachers will continue for a long, long time.

P.P.S, I have an idea of how nature works, in a more logical scientific way though. Not the hippy, tree-hugging, animal-kissing, narnia-worshipping perception of nature though. Oh did you know I like dogs? Yeah, you don't have to be of one extreme or another.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
99.9 percent of all life that has existed on this planet is now extinct. Man didn't kill off all those life forms, it was just their time to go. With the decimation of the rain forests entire species are dying as you read these words.

Tigers are a species who have met their prime and are in a decline for a reason. They are no longer needed here.

You whiney heart liberals can sing for their salvation but man needs the land to make parking lots and super malls.There is no place for a tiger in the world of Wal-Mart.

Let them fall.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Oh, Silly me... You have all the answers! How dare I question your methodology? I guess we can live without bees now? You will go and pollinate all the flowers, won't you superman?

Natural selection is one thing, killing off nature, is another thing!
I don't want to fight with you, but You NEED to grow up! Face the facts, without our little buddies in nature, we are screwed!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Jesus F'ing Christ! You are one heartless SOB! You have no idea how nature plays it's part in our daily life, do you?

Shame on you!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Really? I happen to work at a tiger sanctuary on the East coast of the United States. We rescue tigers that have been abused in horrible roadside zoos, and from people who decided that a little cub would be fun to take home to raise. What they don't realize, this cute little cub grows up to be anywhere from 350 to 700 pounds and can eat up to 100 pounds of food or more a week!
A full grown male tiger has a range of about 350 miles. Try that in a small cage in someone's backyard. Sometimes, these cages are not large enough for the tiger to even turn around in. I have seen them where the tiger is not even allowed to stand up! They are inbred to the point that their offspring have severe physical and mental problems, and then what do you do with them?
Not to mention, the number of children and pets that have been mauled by these so-called pets!
Tell you what! Go volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary, and then come back here and tell me these beautiful animals should be allowed to go extinct.
What's wrong with people? These same people who are screaming about FEMA camps and barbed wire think nothing of caging a large animal and poking them with sticks! And we call the tigers the animals. Want to know the most dangerous animal in the world? Look in a mirror!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
99.9 percent of all life that has existed on this planet is now extinct. Man didn't kill off all those life forms, it was just their time to go. With the decimation of the rain forests entire species are dying as you read these words.

Tigers are a species who have met their prime and are in a decline for a reason. They are no longer needed here.

You whiney heart liberals can sing for their salvation but man needs the land to make parking lots and super malls.There is no place for a tiger in the world of Wal-Mart.

Let them fall.

We have more than enough parking lots, super malls, and Walmarts. I'll take the tigers any day!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Oh, Silly me... You have all the answers! How dare I question your methodology? I guess we can live without bees now? You will go and pollinate all the flowers, won't you superman?

Natural selection is one thing, killing off nature, is another thing!
I don't want to fight with you, but You NEED to grow up! Face the facts, without our little buddies in nature, we are screwed!

When a lion kill an animal, when an hyena kill, when a kodiak kill, etc etc, that is what a lot of species in this planet do, kill, maybe because they need food, maybe because they need partners, or maybe because they are tresspasing their territories, when they do that they are not killing nature, and when they do that, yes, that is part of natural selection.

What we do is exactly the same, there's no difference.

Who need to face the facts is you, nature is damn cruel and uncaring.

edit on 21-11-2010 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Natural is when there are to much tigers and not enough food or space, a certain amount of tigers will die.
Nature regulates itself in this way.

Unnatural is the way we destroy their habitat for our profits.
It is not about the need of space for humans, but for money.
We are the dominant species because of our intelligence, but we don't use it and we only seem to be able to destroy.
So maybe we should start, not with saving the tigers but with our self who are destroying everything.
If we are not destroying there is no need to save species.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

I was born and raised in South Africa, so try tell me something I don't know! I've seen lions hunt, hyena's kill etc, That is nature. Killing animals for our pervasive methods - NOT ON.

You ever been to SA? You ever seen what you are professing?

BTW - Just saw on BBC now that 13 countries are working together to save the Tigers. They are Endangered, Lions and Hyenas are NOT - because SA has the Kruger National Park - to save animals from man.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 21-11-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: Add BBC link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tigers could be extinct in 12 years if unprotected

news.yahoo.com...

top topics

join