It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberta official apologizes for cookie comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Alberta official apologizes for cookie comment

ca.news.yahoo.com

The president and CEO of Alberta Health Services has apologized for refusing to answer reporters' questions because he was eating a cookie.

The video of Stephen Duckett waving off reporters by saying he was busy "eating a cookie" was posted on YouTube where it has received hundreds of hits.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This really reminds me of a thing George Bush would do, this guy was eating a cookie and he simply refused to answer a single question, I wonder if any of these guys are crazy or just preoccupied by such things like eating cookies or what? But he should have shown some sort of professionalism without just eating when the press arrived

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The irony is astounding! Pray, what kind of cookie was it? Healthy? A chocolate chip cookie? Granola? Oatmeal? heh... too funny.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You guys don't get it. Cookies are serious business!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
yea; never gonna give you up.

but in all seriousness, it does seem like a interesting news story aside from a lot of the stripping of peoples rights, perhaps he was testing it for safety?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

"I'm still eating my cookie"

There's already that much snow in alberta?????

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
he deserves a few mil as a bonus for that.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
He should feel lucky. If an official said something like that in my country (the U.S.), I guarantee that whole hoards of people would be accusing him of encouraging childhood obesity or some crazy stuff like that.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
people in Alberta probably are seeing it is very conservative in western Canada and him being in a health care related field fuels that fire.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

There's already that much snow in alberta?????

Sh*t, you should see where I am in BC. I gotta walk my ass home at 3:30AM through a city buried in snow, with horizontal snow drifts from chinooks. It's probably like -20*C outside compared to no snow a few days ago. Damn climate change

new topics

top topics

join