It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Prince Charles hints at 'Queen Camilla'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Britain's Prince Charles hints at 'Queen Camilla'

beta.ca.news.yahoo.com

Prince Charles has said for the first time that his wife Camilla could be crowned queen, reopening a debate over the status of the woman he married eight years after the death of Princess Diana.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
*sigh*... Since he got married twice it should skip generations. haha.

Heaven forbid Camilla lives to be 100.... cause I sure wouldn't mind Kate's pretty face to be on my 20$ bills.

I think she is a modern-day Diana; God rest her soul.
edit on 20-11-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Methinks that old nag is already a hundred, isn't it-er, she? It would just prove she was after the crown the entire time.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I think she is a modern-day Diana; God rest her soul.
One has to have a soul before it can rest. Girls like Diana Spencer get theirs stunted @prep school, trained out of them @school & finally, taught how to use the disparate vestiges remaining for the benefit of their family @finishing school. No, dry your eyes. She was no different to Marie-Antoinette.
I couldn't care less who the jug-eared mutant wants sat next to him. I'll see him, or whoever else, on the end of a rope before I'll even nod my head, let alone bow to someone calling themselves my monarch.
I've got mates. What do I need a monarch for? Tourism? Put 'em in a zoo then. Far cheaper & much better than they deserve.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Speaking as subject of the British Commonwealth. "Who Cares" . it's all his business. There is no need for a debate. he can marry his cousin, do whatever they want, it's just not our business. People only look at the good side of Diana. She had more flaws than positives most just see the positives because she is dead. let him be happy as the first marriage was forced upon both of them!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well - ok - I really have no opinion on the Royal Family present or future, but I do wonder this: Can the Queen prevent Camilla from assuming the title should she (the Queen) want to do that and if so, how would she do it?

edit on 20-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm an American, but I'm completely intrigued with the Royal Family. I just hope they at least televise some of the William and Kate wedding in the US.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Given what we have already seen, I find it unlikely the current Queens wishes to hand the crown over to Charles..
If she had wanted Charles to be king then you would think she would have already done it by now.
I don't think she like Camillia very much..

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

For Charles to be crowned King, the current Queen must either abdicate or be dead. Its possible that, if she did abdicate, she could negotiate with Charles over what role Camilla would subsequently have, although, as a consort, just like the Queen's own husband, she would have to be raised to the status of "Duchess" to "enoble" her to the same degree as the royal family.
In reality, its down to tptb. We've bypassed &/or got rid of rightful linear monarchs before, & not that long ago either. It'll come down to what we Brits will accept without rioting in the streets. Its all about preserving the status quo.
From the POV of those really in charge, amongst whom Queen Elizabeth is just 1, it doesn't matter who the figurehead is, just so long as we the peasants carry on working to keep them wealthy.
Remember also, its not as if the old trout is going to produce any more royal children, so despite the fact that 1 of his sons is an obvious cuckoo in the nest, Charles' lineage is secure.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
She will NEVER be crowned Queen. At least, she will be known as "Princess Camilla", just as Prince Philip isn't called "King Philip".

The Monarch's consort doesn't get the title "King" or "Queen".

Even in Victoria's day, it was "Prince" Albert, not "King Albert".

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Did they ever fix that pesky Constitutional matter in the UK that states that a Divorcee cannot be Head of the Church of England?

This would mean that Charles, as King, would not be able to be Head of the Church of England if this matter hasn't been decided.

I don't follow it that closely.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
For many years now I have thought that Charles will not be a King, as his mother is waiting for a suitable heir.. and now has one.

The Queen of Britian can name the heir who takes the throne after her, so it will not automatically go to Charles. If she was going to abdicate for Charles to be King then she would have done it already instead of hanging on for so very long.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I've got mates. What do I need a monarch for? Tourism? Put 'em in a zoo then. Far cheaper & much better than they deserve.

Tbh Im inclined to agree with you. the only reason that people like the monarchs anymore is for pure nostalgia though i am not one of them they hold no interest for me what so ever..

Though i do have to say the queen is the only one I have any time for due to the fact that she is the only one whos kept herself to herself and out of scandal, god only knows what shes done in her past but as far as everyones concerned shes got a clean slate, where as charles and the rest have all been pulled up whether it be adultry racism or dressing up as a nazi and smoking pot.. But on that note william has also kept his nose clean and im not sure what the connection is but does anyone else think its strange that hes getting married 30 years after his parents wed with the same ring and all. but hey ho thats just my conspiracy ideas going mad.

To answer lady skadi yes the queen could easliy stop camilla from becoming queen but im not sure what the legal term would be.....

Though ive never had an interest in the royal family i lost even more respect for them when i saw a documentary with tony robinson which proved that due to conflicting dates in the 1700's the royal family we have today are not the real royal family . The real one actually live somewhere in kent and have no knowledge of thier true lineage, another conspiracy me thinks, im sure its all to do with bloodlines and tptb haha...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
She will NEVER be crowned Queen. At least, she will be known as "Princess Camilla", just as Prince Philip isn't called "King Philip".

I thought once both the king and queen die, the eldest son becomes king.. therefore making her queen?..

I dunno. Maybe you have to be blood to be queen/king

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by babybunnies

I thought once both the king and queen die, the eldest son becomes king.. therefore making her queen?..

I dunno. Maybe you have to be blood to be queen/king

The eldest child becomes King or Queen, that is correct. However, their consort (husband/wife) is usually referred to as Princess or Prince, Not Queen or King (IE, Prince Albert, Prince Phillip etc).

new topics

top topics

join