It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands march against war in Afghanistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

But there are so many other countries who's people are repressed... Why does America only help the people in countries that are rich in natural resources that they haven't got their hands on yet?? Hmmm, maybe I just answered my own question..

Maybe you did. There are indeed other countries that I would like to see liberated (North Korea, Saudi Arabia..), but lets face it - there is not enough money or will to do so. It is not so important what the real reason for occupation is, as long as it helps the people live better lives, IMHO. In case of Afghanistan, I believe it did.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

But there are so many other countries who's people are repressed... Why does America only help the people in countries that are rich in natural resources that they haven't got their hands on yet?? Hmmm, maybe I just answered my own question..

Maybe you did. There are indeed other countries that I would like to see liberated (North Korea, Saudi Arabia..), but lets face it - there is not enough money or will to do so. It is not so important what the real reason for occupation is, as long as it helps the people live better lives, IMHO. In case of Afghanistan, I believe it did.

What?? I'm sure you know sarcasm when you see it..The US has never helped anyone but it's rich mates..
Look at the Conga, far more repressed than Afghanistan but the resources are already under control due to having no central Government, only local leaders open to coruption..
US taxpayers should wakeup and smell the poppies/roses..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

So you think risking hundreds of thousands of Afghan lives, because you believe the life they lived before was not Western enough?

Are you kidding me, not everyone wants to live like you, can you get that to your thick head.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Afghan opinion polls I have posted clearly show what majority of ordinary afghans want. Its not my belief, its a fact that most of them want change. Who are you to disagree with them? Do you live in afghanistan?

What?? I'm sure you know sarcasm when you see it..The US has never helped anyone but it's rich mates..

Yes, I KNOW US is not in afghanistan for humanitarian reason, but because of resources. But WHAT does it change in practice? Was Afghanistan liberated from Taliban, as majority of its people wanted? It was.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Afghan opinion polls I have posted clearly show what majority of ordinary afghans want. Its not my belief, its a fact that most of them want change. Who are you to disagree with them? Do you live in afghanistan?

Hey, if China comes to America and beats your ass for ten years you would want change too.

I'm still trying to figure out what they are feeding you.

And

Please don't ever say against that Afghans are better off now.

Last I checked Afghan women are in worse situation, Afghan men are in worse situation, there are more hungry people, there is no functioning government, there is an on going war, there is widespread corruption in every Afghan organ, from right up the pyramid to right down the bottom, there is a huge drug addiction, and poppies are in its maximum production rate.

You make me sick.

Afghanistan is a disaster.

Let me give you a clear picture of what you are trying to sell here:

"Even if you forcefully feed someone sh1t for ten years, eventually he.she will start eating it, and adapt to it."
oozyism

Don't even act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Back on topic:

This is about US wasting American money on an unjustified war, which you admit also is unjustified.

Why don't tell us how much the US has spent in this war, you say it isn't to liberate them, so why does it make you happy? That your money is being used for murder, for torture, for greed, for power, instead of feeding your own people.

Your economy is collapsing and you are cheering for the same government that brought this mess, and the same wars that dried all your money.

You are a disgrace as an American, just like the American government. I want you to wear your cheer leading dress and see you in front of the white house.

edit on 22-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Afghanistan can not even get a fair election due to vote rigging and coruption, so what credance can you really place on a poll?
Who conducted the poll?
What percentage of Afghans did it cover?
City or rural dwellers?

Too many questions without answers..
But if you are good at figures..How many innocent Afghanistans died during Taliban rule?
How many innocent Afghanistans have died since being saved?

Many questions, very few answers.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hey, if China comes to America and beats your ass for ten years you would want change too.

By "change" I have obviously meant change from Taliban regime to western democracy. Dont argue semantics and read the polls.

Please don't ever say against that Afghans are better off now.

Compared to taliban, yes they are, read the polls:
www.worldpublicopinion.org...

Perhaps most telling, 82% said that overthrowing the Taliban government was a good thing for Afghanistan, with just 11% saying it was a bad thing. In the war zone, 71% endorsed the Taliban’s overthrow while 16% saw it as a bad thing; in the north, 18% saw it as a bad thing.

If you say majority of afghans are not better of now or majority of them oppose the liberation, you are simply openly lying, and disgracing the will of afghani people.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Change from Taliban regime to Western Democracy

Are you kidding me, that is the same BS I just brought to you before. If Taliban shoves those same Sharia laws in America for ten years by force, in the barrel of the gun, raping your men and torturing them, and mass murdering your American brothers using drones, I bet you will admit defeat and say we are happy that Americans came so you would stop getting killed, so the war ends and normality comes back.

And

When does polls equate to truth?

I guess you don't know the science of polling.

I can orchestrate a poll which would state 100% people of Afghanistan is against US occupation.

Wanna bet.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why don't tell us how much the US has spent in this war, you say it isn't to liberate them, so why does it make you happy?

Because it makes majority of afghani people more happy than they were before, otherwise they wont agree to it. And compared to Taliban regime, situation has potential to improve in the future.

Your economy is collapsing and you are cheering for the same government that brought this mess, and the same wars that dried all your money.

Economic crisis was caused by american FED policy and Clintons mortgage policy. Not by war.

You are a disgrace as an American, just like the American government. I want you to wear your cheer leading dress and see you in front of the white house.

I am not an american, but my country has forces in Afghanistan too, its international mission, not just US.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I have already posted how the situation in Afghanistan is not better, or doesn't even have the potential to get better. Do you think those who are fighting will stop fighting?

The financial crisis apparently started after the two occupations, wow, I don't see any connection there. By the way, do you think the continuation of the occupation will help the economy

By calling it an International effort, are you trying to give the war a legitimacy?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The financial crisis apparently started after the two occupations, wow, I don't see any connection there.

Yes, you should not. Correlation does not imply causation. Background of financial crisis

By the way, do you think the continuation of the occupation will help the economy

Surely it will not. But discontinuation will also cause the Taliban to take over afghanistan again, resume its cruel regime and also punish all betrayed collaborants and people who did not follow their cruel laws because they had hope that western nations would stay till the situation stabilizes.
Thats simply unacceptable to me, and I think anyone who is not selfish and cruel would not want to allow such a thing. Crisis is not THAT bad. Should we leave afghans to the taliban so that we can buy two cars instead of one? That woudl be simply evil.
edit on 22/11/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

And spending trillions of dollars in wars had nothing to do with it

Do you know how USSR collapsed
History repeats itself, so many stay arrogant.

Anyways, you are assuming that everyone wants to live your lifestyle, and trying to force your lifestyle on others, using any means necessary.

There is a saying, "want what you want for yourself, for others".

I know you don't want Taliban to come to US and implement their way of life on you, then why do you want to go to Afghanistan and implement your way of life?

10 years of fighting is not evidence enough that they want your a$$ out, but a poll, which anyone can orchestrate, is?

Get real mate..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

10 years of fighting is not evidence enough that they want your a$$ out, but a poll, which anyone can orchestrate, is?

Well, according to polls, in some territories 18% disagree with the occupation - it is a significant minority that is responsible for the attacks, and considering the huge afghani population and territory, frequency of attacks is not surprising.

But that still does not change the fact that it is still a minority, so if majority wants otherwise, the minority should subdue to their will or face armed resistance.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Two more lives lost today, was it worth it?

For what?
2 NATO service members killed in Afghanistan

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

and hundred thousand people have to die in the process?

Nice one

I think I have proved my point and do not need to explain further my disagreements with an unjustified war which costs 170000000$/year and by 2015 would cost almost a trillion.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I am not an american, but my country has forces in Afghanistan too, its international mission, not just US.

so you as tax payer have blood in your hands for every lost inocent live in Afghanistan

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

so you as tax payer have blood in your hands for every lost inocent live in Afghanistan

Maybe, I sincerely regret all the collateral damage, just as I regret the bombing of Dresden during WW2 (which was not even collateral, but intended), but that doesnt mean I have to disagree with US involvement in the war or support the Nazis.
Well, if we left, I would have blood on my hands for every lost innocent life that would be killed by the Taliban. I would also be a traitor to the majority of ordinary Afghans who support the occupation over Taliban.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

no no no, you dont get the point .. no "if we left" or "i would " . Stay on present time and facts and they are :

Your country is occupator in Afghanistan and you have blood on your hands for ever inocent life lost there as a tax payer

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Considering the alternative, I am OK with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by xavi1000

Considering the alternative, I am OK with it.

OK with that ? so you are murderer ? and what alternative ? You know there are people on this world who dont like so called" Western Democracy " dont like to eat at Mcdonalds,don't like TV, don't like elections .They want just to leave their WAY of life .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join