It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying with debt: A dirty little retirement secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Hell yes! Rack up amazing amounts of "debt" and then tell the banks to pound salt!

Credit cards are nothing more than a gray semblance of contract. Once you've got your credit card, charge that puppy up to the hilt! You would be doing nothing differently than they do in DC. We are supposedly the richest country in the world but are up to our eyballs in debt. Whatever.

If it's good enough for the criminals in DC, it's good enough for We the People. Get your card and charge away!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Will you be doing the same?
Will you be maxing out your credit cards?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I'm not at retirement age. If I were, the answer would be unequivocally YES. I'll be a good boy for a bit longer but have no problems seeing folks do as they've been taught by the criminals in DC and the criminals at the Fed. Charge it up and enjoy.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is my plan. I love the idea.
If I leave no offspring, perhaps they will clone me, and stick "2nd generaton me" with the bill or the nearest relative. I wouldn't be shocked.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Even if you do leave offspring, they are no party to the contract so have no liability. Run that card up until it pops and then demand a bigger card because it's for the greater good! That's what they do in DC so why should it be any different for us?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think the best way to doop the gov, is to plan a mass protest of energy costs.. since a lot of energy companies haven't paid much taxes in the last 10 years, everyone should refuse to pay their energy bills the entire winter. when energy costs are at their highest.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I think the best way to doop the gov, is to plan a mass protest of energy costs.. since a lot of energy companies haven't paid much taxes in the last 10 years, everyone should refuse to pay their energy bills the entire winter. when energy costs are at their highest.

Just make sure to have a back up means for heat should you choose to take that route. I have solar at my place but find it a bit shaky. Loading wood into the wood stove guarantees I have heat no matter what. I cut the trees and I load the stove. I use the solar to operate the fans for moving the heat around but I get heat regardless.

I've been told not to put a face on my targets when I practice so I don't. Nobody has told me not to put a face on my targets when sawing up a load of wood.....so I do. There is something about sawing through a load of wood and picturing some POS politician.

It certainly makes a mundane task one that is more amenable to what needs to be done and has to be done. YMMV but I'm just telling you about me. Cleaning them out of the chain is the hard part...
edit on 20-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

well I was talking about a collective whole opting to protest how we bailout everyone, pay so much taxes, and these huge companies don't. but atleast in my case, they can just turn off my energy, where in yours, they'll put a lean on your property, and yes, direct the debt towards your offspring.

good luck

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I like your parable thinking.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

well I was talking about a collective whole opting to protest how we bailout everyone, pay so much taxes, and these huge companies don't. but atleast in my case, they can just turn off my energy, where in yours, they'll put a lean on your property, and yes, direct the debt towards your offspring.

good luck

Sure, they may put a lien on my property. Such is always a possibility. Their doing so would require that I don't pay their taxes.

It isn't possible to direct my debt to my offspring. Believing such a notion is fallacious and would mean that the rule of law is gone as is contract law.

Don't give up just yet...this game is just getting started and is going to get pretty damn interesting for those wishing to control us as their personal property.

There is no promise of peace but there is the promise that should you be involved with the process of ridding us of these bastards, you will certainly keep all that is yours for you and your posterity.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The last check I write on this planet will bounce. Swear to God. I'll be on the other side laughing my butt off. Still,

Money is changing.

My company just announced they will cut no more live checks. You can have direct deposit or have your pay placed on a debit card. Many companies are doing that now. The age of getting a paycheck for a weeks work is coming to an end.

Most of the people I work with say it's just change. All things must change for life to move forward.

I view it as just another form of control.

Just my thoughts,

wupy

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I would totally buy my family and friends a whole bunch of things. I would buy a bunch of food and give it to a food bank. I would... do a bunch of stuff for other people, from my death bed.

You know what this reminds me of... this episode of South Park where Kyle buys everyone else's debt. Haha. And everyone starts over.

Great post!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Either you are not a home owner and don't have children or you are a complete idiot! What kind of fool would leave their affairs out of order for the family to resolve on purpose???

I know for one thing, I am building up my financial security to extend well beyond my hopefully way off final demise. I am planning to leave a rather large nest egg behind for my children.

If I were to max out my credit cards and pop my clogs, the money still has to be paid back, it would come out of the final net worth of my estate.

Your kind of thinking is the epitome of what is wrong with America!!

Korg.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Actually, this is not entirely correct.

The Estate of the deceased is still liable for the bills of the deceased. Therefore, he who inherits or has Power of Attorney, likely also gets the bills too.

I've seen plenty of letters from lawyers that say things like "the bills will be settled before the estate is paid out" etc. in my job.

I'd be pretty careful before using up all your kids' inheritance.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From the story "And while many retirees who are being quietly buried under a mound of debt may think they're protecting their kids by not burdening them with their financial problems, if they don't pay off their debts before they die, it will eventually become their children's burden.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Actually, this is not entirely correct.

The Estate of the deceased is still liable for the bills of the deceased. Therefore, he who inherits or has Power of Attorney, likely also gets the bills too.

I've seen plenty of letters from lawyers that say things like "the bills will be settled before the estate is paid out" etc. in my job.

I'd be pretty careful before using up all your kids' inheritance.

Quite!
I suspect the OP and subsequent agreeing posters have little to no life experience, it's sometimes easy to spot someone in their teens or early 20's based upon the potholes they stumble on.

Life truly is the greatest teacher.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

hahaha Guess I'm older and wider in my 40's then>? lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The whole country(USA) is living on credit cards and just making minimum payments.

I watched a whole line of people at a thrift store purchase used clothing with credit cards.

I drive by the fields where the illegals work picking vegetables and what used to be a line of hunk a junk cars and trucks are now new vehicles.

They are offering these people 72 month payment plans with zero down.

Credit/debt will absolutely kill this country if it has not already.

My Grandfather once asked me what the biggest sin was.

I told him I did not know.

He said remember this.

"Reap what you sow."

Jesus said the biggest sin was debt.

This world has sold its collective soul to the devil.

edit on 20-11-2010 by Oneolddude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Trouble is the "wider" pothole is one that actually gets harder to step over the older you get

Korg

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Is that what you intended to type?

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Life truly is the greatest teacher.

In this case death might be a better one.

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Jesus said the biggest sin was debt.

No.

Jesus spoke of coming back and dividing people up on the basis of who cared for the needy. All who had not cared for the needy were to be thrown into hell forever. (Whatever you did not do for the least of these my brethren, you also did not do for me.) Matthew 25

No mention of debt there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join