It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GUILT BY ASSOCIATION --- my intro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One's perception of the world comes from the people they are surrounded by - So that if you are a racist so generally are the people you are surround by

The elitist get the idea that they are better than others because they are raised and surrounded by people who all believe that they are better than everyone else

So why is it that we support candidates that come from known families or have been in high level political positions all of their lives? They honestly believe they are better than us normal folks --- they do not care about anyone other than themselves and their fellow elites --- This scenario happens on a micro scale in every US city - how many of you can say that you are friends with the local Judge or Prosecutor- city governing body? If you are associates, then what do they say about the people in your community ---- I know -- but do you?

If you dont believe they are all interconnected than look for yourselves----

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well ive no doubt there is an elite mentality but to be honest, I think you have to ignore that shizzle if you want to get anywhere in life. I'm a mixed race working class woman and I don't give myself a glass ceiling. I often think people who expect to be kept down, stay down. You have to believe you can break ground to break it.

Just my 2 pence.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if people actually know what an introduction is. You have over 20 posts, you are able to create you're own thread, so why did you not designate this into its proper place as I see no where in your post that you even said anything along the lines of hello. With that being said, I hope you can contribute to this forum and have a great time, but please, please, read the rules and use a little common sense.

in·tro·duc·tion
   /ˌɪntrəˈdʌkʃən/ Show Spelled[in-truh-duhk-shuhn]
–noun
the act of introducing or the state of being introduced.
a formal personal presentation of one person to another or others.
a preliminary part, as of a book, musical composition, or the like, leading up to the main part.
an elementary treatise: an introduction to botany.
an act or instance of inserting.
something introduced.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

my mistake - sorry I wasn't sure so I did the safe thing -

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
I'm starting to wonder if people actually know what an introduction is. You have over 20 posts, you are able to create you're own thread, so why did you not designate this into its proper place as I see no where in your post that you even said anything along the lines of hello. With that being said, I hope you can contribute to this forum and have a great time, but please, please, read the rules and use a little common sense.

in·tro·duc·tion
   /ˌɪntrəˈdʌkʃən/ Show Spelled[in-truh-duhk-shuhn]
–noun
the act of introducing or the state of being introduced.
a formal personal presentation of one person to another or others.
a preliminary part, as of a book, musical composition, or the like, leading up to the main part.
an elementary treatise: an introduction to botany.
an act or instance of inserting.
something introduced.

Why are you busting so many balls?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

I do not believe I am held down by anyone - I believe people can do anything they set their minds to do
I am a partner in a law firm -

I just find it fascinating that even in cities around our country- people have an elitist mentality and believe that people need to be herded like cattle - I can only imagine what that power trip must be like on the national level.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ksorelleesq

Yes! I am agreeing to your post in a roundabout way. People aren't herded like cattle unless they let themselves be! Unfortunately, lots of people seem unable to think beyond their own limiting beliefs. Beliefs often given to them as children from the people around them and never questioned. Our governments depend on it! Peeps like us with their own minds are what they are up against.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Not sure why you are referring to me "busting so many balls" as this is the first introduction thread I have commented on, in behalf of someone posting an introduction thread with absolutely no introduction of themselves. I have been seeing this happen over and over again the past week. I meant no disregard to the OP, and I wish him/her the best here at ATS and I hope his contributions can shed some light in areas others can not, but in doing so, for sake of the forums, they need to be placed in there proper place. There are many, many topics in the forum section to choose from for a reason. Also, by doing so you can generate stars and flags for your posts and threads. Anyways, best of luck OP.

Edit: In contribution to your theory, I would have to agree, many people are striven by which they are surrounded. Including religion, other beliefs, what to do with their lives, and many others. Any changes or actions the person does around an environment not familiar with these ways usually cause tension, I guess to best summarize it would be the "peer pressure" idea. But you also have to think about that many people are simply motivated on having the most power and money. This is just my .02 and I am not an expert or even remotely close to being one, so I mean no disregard to anyone else and their thoughts.
edit on 11/20/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This epidemic of improper introduction threads is getting to be a pain in the back side.

I give no creed to an introduction post that says nothing of the OP.

Why are these types of threads allowed to continue?

I will not respond to this type of thread again.
edit on 20-11-2010 by dizziedame because: to correct improper punctuation.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
This epidemic of improper introduction threads is getting to be a pain in the back side.

I give no creed to an introduction post that says nothing of the OP.

Why are these types of threads allowed to continue?

I will not respond to this type of thread again.
edit on 20-11-2010 by dizziedame because: to correct improper punctuation.

Why are you busting so many balls?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
GEEZ I APOLOGIZED

top topics

join