It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fairy Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hologramsfall

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Fairies are very powerful and can be dangerous. You wouldn't ever want to upset a fairy. I don't believe they're aliens. If they are in the 2nd Dimensional World as claimed, they are their own race and kind.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Hiya Sonic. I remember reading about faeries years ago and as a kid in Cornwall and Dartmoor tried hard to see the little blighters without luck. In the British, Irish and N European folklore, the rise of Christianity and steel caused them to be seen less and less, only appearing to exchange their own sickly young for healthy human babies...changelings. They retreated to the dark woods and isolated moors and began to avoid humanity altogether. There remained a trickle of new stories where lonely travellers and drunks walking home at night found themselves being terrorised or tempted by the faerie folk. The rule was often that by eating or drinking their food, you'd be trapped in their land and never be seen again.

Some of this parallels the abduction phenomena and some ufologists and researchers have wondered id Faerie Lore and ufology might have common origins. Mac Tonnies had an idea that faeries were 'cryptoterrestrials,' an ancient Earthly race living in secrecy. He imagined them as technologically advanced, but socially in poverty with small numbers and few resources. In this way, they use their tech to convince us that aliens are coming from the stars and distract us from looking beneath our feet. Classic close encounters with alien critters taking samples were put on for show by our hidden neighbours. UFO sightings are somehow the projections of these subterranean people playing tricks on us and, for their own reasons, changing our notion of reality.

@ Zorgon. You've really livened this thread up with that image. Damn, if I still can't see faeries! Try as I might, all I can imagine is something on a branch in the tree in the background?

Mac Tonnies interview...redstarfilms.blogspot.com...

Mac's Blog...posthumanblues.blogspot.com...

Mac Paracast interview...www.theparacast.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You have you use your paradoleeuh comrade.

Pretend they want you dead, that always helps me find someone or something.

Like this:

Edit:

I miss Mac Tonnies.

I regarded him as The Fortean of our day.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Alex collier said fairys are actually small small species. E.T's

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You have you use your paradoleeuh comrade.

I hate that word. For some reason, I'm incapable of spelling it properly and use google to spell it for me. Paradolia, paraedolia, pareadola, paradoliea etc etc

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Fairy is fact not fiction. They really do exist. They probably do account for a lot of supposed alien sightings. They can be seen on Planet Earth as ufo orbs and in space too be the NASA cameras. They are also connected to radiant white motherships .

Every society has their fairy traditions. You can go and see them yourself by finding important ley lines/energy systems and waiting for them to go bobbling by.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I might be wrong here, but if my memory of Irish mythology is accurate faeries were a tribe of demi-gods called the Tuatha Dé Danann, who inhabited pre-Christian Ireland. They arrived in Ireland on dark clouds, and defeated the rulers of the country, the Fir Bolg, in battle to control the island.

They then fought the Fomorians, a race of misshapen creatures who lived under the sea and on islands off the coast. The Fomorians leader was called Balor of The Evil Eye, as he had a large eye in the middle of his forehead that could shoot a sort of laser beam. He lived in a crystal tower on an island off the coast. He also had an eye in the back of his head.

Once the Fomorians were defeated the Celts (or Milesians) arrived on the island. They agreed to a three day truce during which they would remain anchored at a distance of nine waves off the shore. However the Tuatha Dé Danann then conjured up a great storm which nearly wiped the Celts out before they used their own druidic powers to calm it. They came ashore and engaged the Tuatha Dé Danann in battle, getting the upper hand before they both agreed to a truce. The terms of the truce were that Ireland would be shared equally between both people, however as the victors the Celts could choose how to divide the country. This time they tricked the Tuatha Dé Danann and divided the country between the surface and underground, forcing the Tuatha De Danann underground. The plethora of "fairy forts" dotted all over the country are said to be the magical portals where the Tuatha De Danann descended to the underworld. They became known as faeries, or Sí in Gaelic. This is where the banshee comes from, it's an anglicised word from the Gaelic bean sí (pronounced exactly the same) which literally means female faerie. They wail and cry because of their fate. Leprechauns are also said to be the Tuatha De Danann come back to the surface, although I can't remember the exact details of that story. All I know is that in mythology they're nothing like the little tweed wearing, pipe smoking, jig dancing modern day depictions.

So, back to the point. Are they extra-terrestrial, or do they even exist? I'm sure they probably existed as a people, although without all the magic and occultish elements to their tale. Everyone can make their own mind up on their origins and if they existed.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Well try Jaques Vallee's books and John Keel's these are the classics. I do not believe in the ETH at all. I have also ceased to believe in the Youtube clips or other dodgy photographs. CGI does look realistic to me and Photoshop is amazing. I am not an expert on any of these techniques.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
PS. Is that really a graphic from the Supernatural show? I don't think it is, but if it is -- ****ing weak. Why rip off the x files :/
edit on 20-11-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

I believe this is Supernatural's first time doing something completely UFO-related, so they did a really cool X-files-esque parody opening, although it almost feels Twilight Zone-esque at times.

Thanks for all the information in this thread, everybody. I will get around to looking at it all when I have some free time.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Do your research. Fairies come in all shapes and sizes, including a few types that are human-sized. Gotta find the source for this tidbit, but:

'Despite their advanced technology, the Tuatha de Danaan seemed to fear a threat from the skies. In a manuscript entitled "The Magical Stone of Tara", it is written that Conn, the Hundred Fighter used to watch the stars at Tara every night "so that no hostile aerial beings should descend upon Ireland unknown to him."'

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have always thought that the old legends of faires and pixes etc were linked with modern day stories of ufo's and aliens.

What bothers me about the cottingfield faires is everyone says they are cardboard cut outs. However I don't recall anyone coming forward and saying that yes they are from book xyz.

I know another theory is that one of the girls painted the pictures themselves but considering the age of the girls when the photo's were produced they seem a bit advanced artiscally for the girls to have produced.

CX

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
I have always thought that the old legends of faires and pixes etc were linked with modern day stories of ufo's and aliens.

What bothers me about the cottingfield faires is everyone says they are cardboard cut outs. However I don't recall anyone coming forward and saying that yes they are from book xyz.

I know another theory is that one of the girls painted the pictures themselves but considering the age of the girls when the photo's were produced they seem a bit advanced artiscally for the girls to have produced.

Some very good points there.

Although the "cut outs" do look rather fake, it does amaze me that they succeeded in fooling experts for so very long.

I still believe that the girls took some secrets to their grave, and only admitted faking the pics for a quite life.

CX.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Back then, children's books were published with drawings to be coloured in and cut out. They're still made to this day. One page would feature figures and other pages would have items of clothing to put on the cut-out figures. The fairies in the Cottingley images look to be in the art deco style popular in that age.

reply to post by CX

I still believe that the girls took some secrets to their grave, and only admitted faking the pics for a quite life.

Life would be way more beautiful if this was true and they really did see fairies at the bottom of the garden. IIRC it was the early 90s when one of the girls (old lady at that point), contacted the press and confessed it was all make-believe. She died not long after. I believe her confession, but it still seems like a time of innocence when some kids imagined fairies living in their gardens. It just appeals to the idealism of innocent childhood.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I hate that word. For some reason, I'm incapable of spelling it properly and use google to spell it for me.

Well Paredoila is the favorite term that people of the Skeptic variety throw out whenever they want to debunk something others can see clearly, but they cannot.

They forget that there is the opposite Prosopagnosia that explains why those skeptics CANNOT recognize features

Now a very odd thing happened when I posted in this thread... not related to the actual thread. I got an email from someone in a university asking permission to use my collection of images to make a thesis on facial images in rocks trees etc...

While the skeptic mind scream PAREDOILA and pats themselves on the back hat they have debunked something... one might want to stop and consider that maybe there is something more to this than meets the eye.

I know every time I post something like this, I can expect the attack on my sanity
Frankly I don't care. Just because 'they' cannot perceive something doesn't mean it's not there. Native cultures have seen these 'nature spirits' for eternity. Shall we label them all as ignorant savages? Or do they have perceptions that modern man has lost.

The image of the ladies with the Faeries... I said THREE simply because the three are very easy to spot
There is a lot going on in the photo but I want to focus on the three for ease.

Now this image was taken at a place that is reputed to be 'Faerie friendly' so one expects to find them if you sit on that bench. You can argue all you want but in this thread I can already see those who CAN see them and those who cannot.

If I make the statement that some are not ALLOWED to see them... or that their mind is closed so they cannot be seen... then I can expect that some will be offended by that statement. Well its the truth

Now here is an example I want to point to... its an old RAF WWII photo of Peenemunde... the secret rocket site in Germany... Look at what the RAF spotters labeled and tell me that YOU can make that same ID...

This image was used to plan bombing missions... so you might want trained eyes making sure you select the right target

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Alex collier said fairys are actually small small species. E.T's

Yes they are small

First lets look at these two... I am curious what you all think THIS one is

and this one in the tree

Now the three faeries...

Paredoila, Photoshop, your nuts... heard it all before

Believe what you will, but stop telling your children that they are imagining it when they tell you they saw one

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Is anybody on ATS a "fairy theory" expert and can link to some good websites/videos to look at right off the bat? When I think about a fairy's "properties" and all the "balls of light" floating around, one can't help but wonder...

I'm no expert on "fairy theory" so I thought what a better place to start than Pixie Hollow?

My game name is Bonnie Starblossom just in case anyone wants to play.

Here's the link to get started and it's free!

pixiehollow.go.com...

Happy harvesting!

Star

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Don't know if this one's a fake or not but at least it's realistic and it's fun to watch!
It may be real while the insects are still on the branch, it resembles two dragonfly-like insects "stuck together" as my brother used to call it, or mating.

But once they fly off the tree branch, it's CGI, because it doesn't have the same shape as it did on the tree branch.

Yes, it was fun to watch.

Ahhhhhhh okay that makes sense! Thanks for explaining all that.
I didn't think it was authentic, I mean as in an actual living fairy.

So wow okay I didn't even see the dragonflies mating. Great catch. Splendid. So weird because I have decided on dragonfly blue for a partial color of my dragon that I'm drawing. Hmm so that's what drew me to that vid.

www.irishviews.com...

Amazing what can be done with CGI. It's an art form all in itself.

Star
edit on 21-11-2010 by Antoniastar because: I forgot to add a link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Excellent work Zorgon!! You have earned fairy rewards. Now all you have to do is find them.

As far as the photo goes and the unidentified flying objects go, I imagine that they are fairies. If the area is a place where fairies frequent and there is a camera up ahead, I imagine the fairies are showing us that they are there. And, I agree, not everyone can see them.

In the photo, they're possibly purposely taking on shapes that we, as humans, don't readily recognize as fairies. Think Twink. They can take whatever shape they choose. I imagine that they know how to shape shift and they are mimics that practice mimicry, which means that they blend in with their surroundings. That means they shift and blend, simultaneously.

The forms in the pix remind me of the process of sculpting. If one takes these 'fairy shapes' further (say in a program such as with Zbrush in this vid...

Twinkle twinkle little Star

edit on 21-11-2010 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I do love how the fallback for those discussing[as opposed to debunking] the fae is Ireland. The whole world is littered with stories of elemental beings. Japan has tales of the Kami and the Native Americans have some very interesting tales also. Rip Van Winkle is a American faerie tale outta the Catskill Mountains. Here's another
Henry Hudson and the Catskill Gnomes
Now I remember reading a long time ago something about Faeries being spirits who didn't choose a side in the war in heaven, so they were placed in the hidden places of the earth while angels got heaven and demons got good old he double hockey sticks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join