It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fairy Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

(click on the image to view the episode recap)

I recently watched this episode of Supernatural, and I saw a theory that I don't remember hearing about. With all the theories floating around about how reptilians aren't UFOs and are really a species hidden inside the earth perpetrating the UFO hoax to hide what they're doing for whatever reasons, I thought this theory was equally as valid, so I'd bring the question here.

Is anybody on ATS a "fairy theory" expert and can link to some good websites/videos to look at right off the bat? When I think about a fairy's "properties" and all the "balls of light" floating around, one can't help but wonder...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think that would fall under the "hollow earth theory". Don't have any links myself, but lot's on here if you search, or google. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Is anybody on ATS a "fairy theory" expert and can link to some good websites/videos to look at right off the bat? When I think about a fairy's "properties" and all the "balls of light" floating around, one can't help but wonder...
Have you heard of the Cottingly fairies? Two little girls tool some photos of fairies and an expert declared the photos were definitely not fake:

www.cottingleyconnect.org.uk...

Snelling's considered judgement, in his letter to Edward Gardner of July 31 1920, was 'These two negatives are entirely genuine unfaked photographs of single exposure, open-air work, show movement in all the fairy figures, and there is no trace whatever of studio work involving card or paper models, dark backgrounds, painted figures, etc. In my opinion, they are both straight untouched pictures.'
Lots of people believed they were real, especially with the expert witness saying they were, but they weren't.

What I know about fairies pretty much what I've read about the Cottingly fairies. They appeared in such books as:

1945 - A book of real fairies: The Cottingley photographs and their sequel - Edward L Gardner
1990 - The case of the Cottingley Fairies - Joe Cooper
1982 - Flim Flam - James Randi (Cottingley Fairies among other phenomena)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well a few years ago someone sent me this photo that has 3 faeries in it. Two are easy to spot one a little harder. (there are also several dragonflies in is but those are not the faeries.

I won't point them out just yet... lets see who's mind has been opened to be allowed to see them

Yeah I know... we can expect a thousand trolls to tell us how crazy this is... but ignore them

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
What I know about fairies pretty much what I've read about the Cottingly fairies.

Nice one
Start the tread off with an known fake

At least your consistent

Here is one of those photos

A couple others...

edit on 20-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Of Sylphs and Fairies In 1691 a Scottish scholar, Reverend Kirk of Aberfoyle, gathered all the accounts he could find about the visitors and wrote a manuscript intitled The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns and Fairies. It was the first systematic attempt to describe the methods and organization of the strange creatures that plagued the farmers of Scotland.

Reprinted...
www.amazon.com...

Also Jacque Vallee "Passport to Magonia"

www.amazon.com...

PDF version available here
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Kewl I wouldn't have found that if it wasn't for this thread

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I won't point them out just yet... lets see who's mind has been opened to be allowed to see them

Well that's a bit obtuse, isn't it? Obviously you, with such a superior open-mind will be able to see a few bugs in a photo, while anyone who doesn't believe in the existence of tiny magical people is inferior to the prospect of looking at a photograph.

Apologies for the offensive language, but I see this sort of phrasing a lot around here, and it's pretty offensive as well, yet never taken as such by the people who define what's offensive. Nothing against you personally, Zorgon, because I tend to enjoy your posts, but this one struck a nerve.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
Well that's a bit obtuse, isn't it? Obviously you, with such a superior open-mind will be able to see a few bugs in a photo, while anyone who doesn't believe in the existence of tiny magical people is inferior to the prospect of looking at a photograph.

Not a question of inferior/superior... but there are those who can only see 'blurry rocks'
I have been told many times by skeptics to NOT highlight what I see... to let the people see it for themselves...

And now I get grief when I do that?

There are those people in the world that can see things from alternative viewpoint (like artists) and there are those that are blind to the world around them. The ones in the second group can walk through the woods and never see the bright red mushrooms that they almost stepped on.

If one is delving into the realm of 'magical beings', why would it be offensive to consider that some people are not meant to see them?

Age old Illuminati secret... the powers that open the mind to see with different eyes...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
Obviously you, with such a superior open-mind will be able to see a few bugs in a photo, while anyone who doesn't believe in the existence of tiny magical people is inferior to the prospect of looking at a photograph.

Well actually I HOPE that everyone can see the bugs... they are easy to spot
It's the Faeries that are illusive

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What was that film about a guy who was a photographer and tried to prove fairies, and climbed a tree and fell out of it? I admit that film was awesome, I really enjoyed it.

But what are you propositioning here? UFO's are fairies? Seriously, something I can identify as being thousands of feet in the air is a fairy? Well unless they grew giant, BS.

PS. Is that really a graphic from the Supernatural show? I don't think it is, but if it is -- ****ing weak. Why rip off the x files :/
edit on 20-11-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Personally I see a lot more than 3. They blend in the leaves, a couple to the left of the ladies (from my vantage point. and a couple more that blend in with the background. Plus one very obvious one, to the right of the ladies looking at the trees, and one hanging in the tree above it.*SHRUG*, but that's me.

edit on 20-11-2010 by tk2dsky because: to add more info

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I see them,I really do!

Wow,right there by the unicorn in front of Bigfoot.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Are you taking the Michael..?

Unless you're implying the two women on the bench are actually faeries, there's nothing in that photo.
edit on 20-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have read a lot about fairies and ancient celtic beliefs etc and yes.... I agree there are an awful lot of similarities between fairies and aliens including abductions and 'different worlds'

this is the issue I have with Aliens, are they just our modern 'take' on unexplained phenomenon? There is no evidence that states that people born after 1950 are more intelligent than people born 300yrs before or 1000yrs before I've always thought that 'fairies' 'gods' and 'aliens' are probably all one and the same thing...

We sit here now with all our 'technology' and poo hoo generations before us and assume that what we are seeing is ET. We might look as silly to people in 500yrs as our ancestors do to us.... They might laugh and say 'OMFG (to coin a phrase) they thought there were Aliens visiting!!!!' They might say....'How couldnt they see it was pulsigons and sinietrigies?'

Fairies/Aliens/Gods take your pick..... Some one tell me theres a difference and that someone tell me why our viewpoint is more valid that that of someone 1600yrs ago?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
What I know about fairies pretty much what I've read about the Cottingly fairies.

Nice one
Start the tread off with an known fake
According to that link I posted, that lady went to her grave claiming at least one of those photos wasn't faked, and I think some people still believed her. Yep, those are the photos!

Well actually I HOPE that everyone can see the bugs... they are easy to spot
It's the Faeries that are illusive
I thought they were birds but they are blurry so I can't tell for sure.

I try to have an open mind but as my signature says, not so open that my brain falls out, because then the space between my ears can just fill up with garbage:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
P.S the Cottingley fairies are a joke (as in anyone can see that they are cardboard cut outs)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Well a few years ago someone sent me this photo that has 3 faeries in it. Two are easy to spot one a little harder. (there are also several dragonflies in is but those are not the faeries.

Yeah I know... we can expect a thousand trolls to tell us how crazy this is... but ignore them

Cute the little one to the left of the younger womans jeans, fanny, and two to the right of the lady with glasses's head. My eyes are kind of funky right now, but yeah, it seems like there are several more but thats my first impression. The ladies must have good energy, trustworthy.

I am having a "TinkerBell evening tonight compliments of Disney fairies...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

There are so many things happening in nature unseen to the naked eye, it is there none the less I promise you with all that I am.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am having a "TinkerBell evening tonight compliments of Disney fairies...

yes one does have that 'Tinkerbell' look
but that green one doesn't look like he has good intentions

As to the two ladies having good vibes, I agree... that was actually a focus of the topic in another forum

edit on 20-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
But what are you propositioning here? UFO's are fairies? Seriously, something I can identify as being thousands of feet in the air is a fairy?

No I would imagine the little glowing orbs would be those in question... not the huge alien motherships. Personally I have stated before that the glowing critters may be plasma life forms, but that is another thread

LOL Only the first page and there are those who see more than the three... and those that see nothing...

Originally posted by Versa
P.S the Cottingley fairies are a joke (as in anyone can see that they are cardboard cut outs)

See what you did Arbitrageur? You tainted the thread with your 'open mindedness'

edit on 20-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join