It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's shot down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Which kind of limits the number of people who can say anything

True...
Obviously, the true key lies in matching civillian eye-witness testimony with these loophole "whistle-blowers" - something I havn't seen much of.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Don't you think that it is interesting that a "meteor" reportedly crashed near puget sound about three weeks ago and about a week ago a meterologist reported a huge object in earth's orbit? 'Spose the mother ship was looking for a scout?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Cheers for the replies guys! Good to hear sensible comments. I can understand the assumption of comparing technologies, like an archer against a tank, but if the archer was concealed and at close range he could kill the machine gunner who has no protection jump up onto the tank and kill the crew. Little extreme i know my point being that because our technology isn't as advanced don't dismiss it out of hand. They could use fire arrows? hehe the possibilities are endless.

If you look at the Roswell incident, well according to Phillip. J Corso he said the object was buzzing around the sky and was detected by radar for quite some time. My theory is that due to there being a heavy thunderstorm at the time either the radar did have some 'jamming' effect on the UFO and it got struck by the lightning which must've disabled it's propulsion system somehow.

Again i wasn't there obviously and we don't know for SURE if it happened but it's just and idea.

With Independence Day yes it was a film but if the aliens with their attack fighters wanted to shoot down our jets then they would have to match it's speed in order to shoot it down. Also if they don't have guided weapons then that can put them at a disadvantage.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Stop talking about "Independence Day" as if it were real.

If you see any of the cack UFO video's around, you know full well that those things can turn on a sixpence (dime) and accelerate faster than we can think.

The only thing you were right about, concerning "Independence Day" was the idea of using a the Apple to upload the virus, Alien interfaces use USB 3.1 which means we can't upload using a laptop let alone a Mac (Firewire)

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lol keep your hair on i think i can tell the difference between fiction and reality, i was merely using 'Independence Day' as an example of ceetain possibiliites and i was merely putting ideas nothing concrete. It's also the most recent semi-serious film done about alien invasion

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There you go again, semi-serious indeed. Carl Sagan's "Contact" is a far more realistic representation of what events may unfold.

If we have shot any UFO's down, it was a fluke...!!

I reckon they crashed without any intervention from ourselves, if indeed they exist...!!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lol yeah but Carl Sagan's film/story was one interpretation of what could happen. That's nothing to do with ufo's being shot down. That film was a more spiritual film.

What i meant by 'semi serious' was it gave us a possible 'what if' scenario however bizarre or extreme it was. Obviously beinf a film it had to include the huge cheese with the apple mac and various other things.

You have to remember it was only a film which on average last about 2 hours, and if the aliens had wiped everything out within minutes that doesn't make a good entertaining film.

If Roswell turns out to be true then yeah that is a big fluke on our part lol Although the UFO allegedly wasn't shot down. Who knows really...

Read 'The Day After Roswell' by Philip J. Corso it's quite an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You should read the 'World War' series books by Harry Turtledove. It's to do with lizards (i know) that invaded Earth during the middle of the second World War and how it changed our history. It's a good read into alternate history.

The other good book is 'Operation Thunderchild' by Nick Pope who you may be unware of, he used to work at the MOD in the UK investigating UFO claims.

The latter is very realistic in portraying how a possible threat could happen and how we'd deal with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I am well aware of Nick Pope, he's the poor man's Bob Lazaar. I steer clear of many books on this subject matter, as the internet is a greater and cheaper source, plus you get people arguing both sides.

The alien/UFO threads never really give answers, but every so often I come across something I haven't seen before.

My favourites are the ones that are harder to debunk, like Aussiebloke, John Titor and The Phildelphia Experiment, and have just come across Sergeant Clifford Stone's accounts which I will be reading shortly.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We can't prove anything but it's still interesting to speculate what if. We'll never find the truth out on these message boards anyway.

(Ret) Sgt Clifford Stone claims are really interesting too you should definitely read his stuff, whether it's true or not who knows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join