It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple solution to the TSA-Terrorist problem.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We all know that all the plane’s have an air filtration system, and when the cabin is pressurized the air is re-circulated. If they really wanted to solve the problem of planes being hijacked, all that they would have to do is equip the plane’s air delivery system with any form of sleeping gas, something that is fast acting. With the exception of the cockpit, which is locked and air tight.

If the plane was highjacked the pilot could just push a button and put the entire cabin out. Land the plane and let the TSA sort the rest out. It would be that simple.
edit on 11/20/10 by xyankee because: grammer

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
We all know that all the plane’s have an air filtration system, and when the cabin is pressurized the air is re-circulated. If they really wanted to solve the problem of planes being hijacked, all that they would have to do is equip the plane’s air delivery system with any form of sleeping gas, something that is fast acting. With the exception of the cockpit, which is locked and air tight.

If the plane was highjacked the pilot could just push a button and put the entire cabin out. Land the plane and let the TSA sort the rest out. It would be that simple.
edit on 11/20/10 by xyankee because: grammer

not too bad an idea there Einstein...
Then we can pull the memory wipe black wand from our friends from Men In Black.

Inventive thinking though...

~holly

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
but that would be the logical thing to do, they cant have that, how would they indoctrinate us that way? simplest way is often the best, but not if there is another agenda. in the end, two dogs, and 3/4 armed guards on every flight is more than enough, and would create more jobs for airport security without the stygma of being tsa. i wonder how many people are going to get beat up in a bar or similar situation because they admit they work for the tsa? its destined to happen if the reports get much worse. novel idea though, i can tell you were thinking of it for a moment, making sure it was air tight. get it? air tight? hahaha, alright, im done. u get a flag sir

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I'm reminded of the Russian theater incident when Russian security forces attempted to toss gas into the theater... a lot of people died.

I think laughing gas would be better though .. It's harder to murder a tube full of people when you find everything hilarious, with extra giddiness.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Cue sad pills upon landing!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

its true, with that many people being affected by sleeping gas, someone is going to choke on their tongue, the same thing that happened in the russian theater. shows that even non-lethal weps are only labelled non-lethal and dont always live up to that label. just like a tazer after an enery drink/coffee binge.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thats a really good idea. It would be even more awesome if the pilots had like a turret they could control from the cockpit that shoots like elephant tranqs.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This may be effective against people who just want to hijack a plane...but, unfortunately, bombs are quicker than gas. It wouldn't do much good if the person can just flick a switch if something goes wrong with their plan.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I like your idea because it highlights how ridiculous the whole system is.
Your suggestions, and numerous others i have seen, show if the TSA had your best interests in mind, they would be open to ideas, and definitely have researched all possible options besides just deciding on full body scans and inspections.

Say hypothetically that they decided to use your suggestion instead of the current one. What happens when bombs go off at shopping malls? Would they implement a system where they gas the whole shopping mall if they suspect a bombing?

The only way to put a stop to this advancing violation of human rights is to focus on the root cause. There are many countries whose citizens aren't subjected to these intrusive security procedures. The way to fix this is to fix the problem and not to create a false sense of security at the expense of the population.

I do like your idea and personally would rather fly in a gas-rigged airplane that go through all that security.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hypocrites

Of corse the is always going to be something that may go wrong, but how many times does a plane get hijacked, and when it does what are the chances that someone will have a problem. I think that the odds are much better than anything else, and if we loose one for the thousands I think it is a good trade.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

How would they know? the gas would get to them before they were able to realize what was going on.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You people have not heard too much of what non lethel weapons can do then?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

There is also non lethel weapons.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

your right in the fact that I think everyone feeds the fire by even being afraid of this happening. I only am giving a solution to the current problem at hand. I would much rather just take my chances.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don’t understand what your trying to say. I know that “non lethal” weapons are sometimes lethal but it is not the norm or they would not be called "NON LETHAL"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I like the innovation.

The pilots could give the crew a head's up, so they could hopefully get to a gas mask type thing, in order to assist those who might have a medical emergency due to the gas. They could maybe even hit an "undo" button, or injection for those folks suffering from it.

If this was only used in the event of a terrorist hijacking, then it would be better than losing all the passengers on the plane, as well as those on the ground in it's path. Not a perfect solution, but has potential, I think.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

There is non lethel weapons that can do what your gas can do.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The reason I chose the gas is because it would also be discreet, meaning that they would not even be aware of what was happening. This way there would not be a reaction that you would get if it was like holding at gun point.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What if they have the intent to simply destroy the plane, and not hijack it? In that case, if they realize that sleeping gas has been deployed (when they feel dizzy) and they just push a button for "da kaboom?"

I do not know the mechanics of sleeping gas; how quickly it can make you fall asleep, or if it can be detected by smell/vision, etc...hence my doubt...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's a good thing to come up with new and novel ideas. I also must add that I in no way support the ludicrous measures that are now taken in the name of airport security. They are really a joke. They won't do anything to stop a determined foe. As proven by the fact that the TSA has NEVER stopped any attempted attck on an airplane. They may have been foiled other ways but not from the TSA doing anything. The experts, including Homeland security's own experts also have repeatedly said that if another attack via airplane happens, the real danger lies in access via the ground crew and luggage area, not passengers or the passenger compartment.

Also the biggest and most important point, all these measures really have little to do with security of airline passengers. It's really about getting people used to having no rights and being treated like cattle. So with that goal in mind, the TSA has worked great!

The problem with this idea is two fold though. First off you would have huge legal repercussions if you ever tried something like gassing the passenger compartment on a plane. The gases strong enough to be used tactically are actually quite dangerous and a few innocent people on the plane would be hurt or killed. It happened with the Russian theater gassing that was mentioned above.

Lastly, no gas works fast enough to disable someone before they could cause serious damage during a hijacking or similar incident. It's not like a movie where people see gas then go, "oh no!", passing out before they can do anything. It just doesn't work that fast.

I am all for trying to come up with new answers though as the current system is garbage. Of course it is only about training slaves anyway. And I'd like to believe you woldn't need such security measures if governments like the US weren't out oppressing entire nations either so...

Anyway, food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join