It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamaican ghost throws a kid around in front of news camera

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
Around 1:55 in the video, his leg gets pulled back up, meaning something pulled his leg. He couldn't of lifted his leg, if the other leg was off the groud too. Watch closely when his mum holds him, his right leg gets pulled up again.

Did you see the movie Paranormal Activity? This lifting/dragging effect has been done in front of cameras before.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
The ladies reaction to this is suspect to me. In an ordinary (un-rehearsed) situation where a person moves very suddenly or violently for no reason, any persons in close proximation to the occurrence would have the initial reaction to instinctively move backwards or off to the side or at least some movement that is erratic in nature.. This ladies first split second reaction was a swift movement (with NO shock or hesitation whatsoever) toward the child. To me this is exactly how a person reacts when they KNOW something is to occur...

edit on 20-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

The mom's movement is a conditioned response, not a reaction. They said that this kid's been dealing with this stuff for some time now. Also, the kid, his mom, the cameraman, and everyone there, were waiting for something to happen. Keep that in mind.

I don't know what this is, but the 2nd incident was more compelling than the first one. The last frame has both his legs out to the side. That's not easy to accomplish, and no one's getting paid for this effort. Motivation needs to be explained if it is a fake. If not a fake, then the friend is just being a pre-adolescent boy and doing whjat boys do to their friends. Roughing him up a little. Very normal behavior.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesAustinMiller

Originally posted by vanhippi
Around 1:55 in the video, his leg gets pulled back up, meaning something pulled his leg. He couldn't of lifted his leg, if the other leg was off the groud too. Watch closely when his mum holds him, his right leg gets pulled up again.

Did you see the movie Paranormal Activity? This lifting/dragging effect has been done in front of cameras before.

True. Comparing a professional movie effect to some kid in a sh*thole in Jamaica is a stretch though. At least admit that much.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here's my two cents.

The chair incident doesn't look authentic. Looks like his legs are preparing themselves for the movement before it happens.

Aside from that, though, how many times have we seen a ghost do this kind of stuff in such a public display? We're lucky if we catch a friggin' orb on camera. Also, is that kid smiling after being pulled from his chair? His face has been blurred, but it looks like he's laughing.

I believe in paranormal activity. I have experienced it myself numerous times, audible and otherwise. However, this seems far-fetched. Sorry. It's a good video find, though. I think this kid and his family are screwing with our heads.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's the first time i hear and see of a haunting on demand.
The first incident with the chair can be easily faked,the boy seems to be pushing the chair with his legs or someone is pulling it from inside the closet.
And it is rather suspicious that the boy's mother is holding the microphone and not the reporter.As if the camera or the reporter were standing where she is they might have seen sth.
The second incident is a little more complicated but it's not impossible.A dancer or someone with knowledge of martial arts or a Capoeira performer can turn and twist like that easily.

On the other hand(1 in a million) if the haunting is real then i can only assume that someone is controlling the spirit to do certain things at a certain time( when the cameras are rolling).Maybe someone has summoned the spirit,which i doubt that it's the ghost of a friend,so they can draw attention and perhaps earn a few money.

By the way the boy seems to enjoy the whole thing and he is looks rather cool and not scared at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Comparing a professional movie effect to some kid in a sh*thole in Jamaica is a stretch though. At least admit that much.

Actually, Paranormal Activity wasn't hi-tech effects. The movie's apparent lack of sophistication was the selling point. I believe the "professional movie effect" of lifting and dragging was accomplished with nothing more sophisticated than wires.

Wires would certainly work in this rustic Jamaican venue, as cameras of all types have been deceived by wire tricks all throughout the history of cinematography and videography. "It's done with wires" is even a bit of a hackneyed cliché when it comes to levitation on screen.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Here's my two cents.

The chair incident doesn't look authentic. Looks like his legs are preparing themselves for the movement before it happens.

Aside from that, though, how many times have we seen a ghost do this kind of stuff in such a public display? We're lucky if we catch a friggin' orb on camera. Also, is that kid smiling after being pulled from his chair? His face has been blurred, but it looks like he's laughing.

I believe in paranormal activity. I have experienced it myself numerous times, audible and otherwise. However, this seems far-fetched. Sorry. It's a good video find, though. I think this kid and his family are screwing with our heads.

this is my first post here, and since I am a believer in paranormal activities , here is my cnclusions
1. first scene is totally genuine...look carefully at the chari. it jumps twice ( back legs touched the eart, and then jump once again...small but visible jump ). This activity is only possible if somebody ( something in this case ) is pullung the chair from behind...not if you use your own legs, because for the second jump of the chair, you should use your both legs , which is not in this case
2. second scene, genuine too...first, when something grab his left leg, the boy is trying to reach something solid in order to help himself not to fall, which is totally normal panic reaction...something grab his leg, and hold for 2-3 secs and the pull his leg backwards once again...nobody in this earth life can manipulate this!
later then , something grabs his both legs and hold them in the air
Look to hear your reactions

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
LOL
totally stupid! show the feet?
come on, camera guy! it's all a set up and David Blaine can do better because he at least has the angle where his feet are shown.
sorry but there hasn't been one documented video of a person being thrown by a ghost.
next,

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
LOL
totally stupid! show the feet?
come on, camera guy! it's all a set up and David Blaine can do better because he at least has the angle where his feet are shown.
sorry but there hasn't been one documented video of a person being thrown by a ghost.
next,

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hmm, my opinion is that while it could be real, you have to take into consideration the fact that when he is sitting in the chair, there is an open door behind him, and when his foot gets dragged to the side when he is leaning against the wall, if you look to the background there is someone standing back there that could have possibly been doing it. I would love it if this video was real, but as a previous poster said, they look like they are struggling, and they could possibly be doing it just for the money.

Hope I helped.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
for everyone on here saying about the legs being ready...............this wasnt the first time it happened to him
according to the video
so
if i knew id prepare myself for it to
slunk down feet out

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I tend to agree with you there. But the fact a tv crew is there to witness this says to me that it's happend before. So I would assume that the woman is expecting something to happen hence the reason she moves quickly to him when it does happen. I'm not saying that I believe it's a ghost, I'm just saying that it's obviously a siyuation that has occured my tes before.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The "ghost" is not the only person pulling legs I would guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Think about what you're looking at.

Look at it critically, and you'll find yourself noticing the conveniently open door, right behind the boy on the chair.

Look at when the chair first moves..it catches on the floor, but is being pulled back..towards the open door.

A rope or wire attached to the rear of the chair and someone pulling sharply from the room with the open door is all the low tech needed to produce this.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i think this is 100 percent authentic
it be alot easier if we could see the kid and his face
that be the easiest way to see if its true fear in his eyes

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'd say it is a very real possibility the child is being haunted by another child, the fact that it creates a huge energy of fear and stress, gives this spirit lotsa juice to feed off.
Is he faking?
Possibly, the second interaction, both his legs are out being pulled, that would be difficult to fake for a news crew, maybe if you had a few turns at recording it yourself you could master it and release the best footage.

I'm giving this kid the benefit of the doubt.

There is nothing worse than being haunted.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I would agree with you on the woman but...the whole reason the camera was there was due to this sort of thing happening for a while, she said shes afraid to leave him alone so i would assume she watches him like a hawk...

But....I do think she knows something she not telling....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
this looks extremely fake, the 2nd part where the ghost or whatever grabs him looks like he just moves his arms and legs then swings his legs as his mom grabs him

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
oooooooohhhhhh, chilling... Watched the videos seven or eight times and I can't figure out whether real or not.

Damn good acting if that's what it is...

Gonna keep an eye on this one...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
i am not sure about this video , I need a second opinion

the first contact with the ghost seemed a little questionable ,however the second encounter looked a bit real

Funny, I thought the first looked slightly more real than the second. heh, Well I want to say he pushed himself of with one of his leg while he was on the chair. But, I would expect the chair to be in more of a jerky motion, however, it seemed to slide across the floor. The second time looked like he was trying to dance or something

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join