It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamaican ghost throws a kid around in front of news camera

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
As one of the resident "spook gurus" on the site, I gotta say that I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at. I've seen videos both of the faked variety and of the unexplained variety, and quite honestly, I'm on the fence about this. The lawn chair incident seems to be more on the fly than the wall incident, but both make for an intriguing series of events. Just watching his body language in the milliseconds before the lawn chair was propelled backwards, it seems to me that his muscle movements were more reactionary than pre-planned. I cannot see the muscle movements that some posters have mentioned as the child preparing for this "trick." I know that when I have fallen backward out of a chair, my body does the same thing. Especially in these types of lawn chairs...yes, I have fallen out of many lawn chairs over the years....

His movements seem completely natural and not pre-staged. At least in the first example. The second example I would attribute to a nice break dance move, but then again, why fake one, when your credibility could be ruined on the other. I'm going to have to watch this several times in slow-motion to figure out what is really going on.

For now, I'm going to reserve judgment, because there are compelling arguments on both sides of the fence. I've seen enough over the years to reserve judgment until I'm absolutely sure at what I am looking at. Hopefully some of the other resident "spook gurus" will speak up. I'll admit that I haven't looked at the entire thread, so perhaps they have already posted.

Anyway, that's my $.02 on the matter.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Its fake because of one reason, there are no ghosts.

That is your opinion. Many of us who have studied this phenomena over the years would beg to differ. My statement is no way implying that this video is indeed evidence of a paranormal event. Like I have already stated, I have no idea what this event is, but I can assure you that myself and my former team have seen things that would turn you white (to quote a line from Ghostbusters).

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The first incident looked like it could be fake to me, the second was a lot harder to dismiss.

However, for me to make any sort of judgement call other than interesting, I'd want to know more about that crowd. If the video is, just as it says it is, then that boy has had so many convincing incidents that the whole community is upset and the news is following him.

If that is the case, then I think you can forget fishing wire and rope.

If the crowd is IN on it, it could be software manipulation or anything else.

The fact that it blacks out right before the 'ghost' could be software manipulation (removing a real person or objects) or it could be...a ghost draining the equipment some.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I wish I could see some things you have, so I can debunk them.
Care to share the evidence ?, then you could prove there is life after death and end this whole...argument thing.

edit on 21-11-2010 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
this stuff happens a lot in Jamaica, this is real and if you watch the kids leg still being grabbed when the mom grabs him the second time

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I wish I could see some things you have, so I can debunk them.
Care to share the evidence ?, then you could prove there is life after death and end this whole...argument thing.

edit on 21-11-2010 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

Some of my evidence has already been submitted to TPTB at this site, and at least one has said that there were some interesting tidbits. More will be submitted to them, not you, when I get release statements back from the clients I've worked with. I am not in the business of dealing with "debunkers*". I do that fine enough on my own through scientific means. And to go completely off topic, no matter what I would submit to you, regardless of its authenticity or validity, you will find a way to "debunk" it. I am in the business of getting these results submitted to the scientific community in such a way where they can no longer call this research "fringe science."

*To explain my debunker statement at a greater length: I am stating that many debunkers on this website are different from those that I would submit my evidence to. I am all about peer-reviewed work; sharing my data with audio techs, video techs, and the like. It is always helpful, and helpful to my cause, to have people look at the evidence with a different set of eyes and a different set of brain patterns. If my work is found to be indicative of something other than a paranormal happening, then so be it. However, I refuse to submit it to people who will not take the evidence as it, with no preconceived notion of the implications of "life after death." Especially those that are in the business of just shooting down every thing put down in front of them.

With that being said, when I am ready to present the research and findings that I am slowly compiling together (and with the blessing of TPTB at ATS), these results will be posted in a thread. Until then, we shall agree to disagree.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I own them exact same chairs that boy is sitting in.
there flimsy as heck.

allso look at the back u can see it bulge out..2nd mid back piece...
it is pulled.
look behind them you will see a mirror in the other room.
notice it goes black from someone standing up in the room behind them..instant before he gets pulled.

And common sense...
Why would you be filming a child..in a chair in a hallway right in front of a room with a door half open?
You wouldn't normally..unless you wanted to use it as a prop.
use ya head folks

Look a the bottoms of the chairs feet...
they have stuff on them to make them slide lol
those chairs are solid white...
no red tips on feet lol

edit on 22-11-2010 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

So bogus, a chair right in front of a half open doorway, ya thats a normal spot for an interview. And his fat mom holding the microphone? Right.. cause she just always happens to be right next to him to assist his #ty hoaxing. Just look closely you can see movement behind the kid in the doorway, above his head, before he gets pulled by string attached to the chair, probably pushes himself back too.

Then in the 2nd one there of course happen to be some people off to the right moving around right as hes getting "pulled" and his mom is right there again. Could easily be some guy yanking on invisible string attached to the kids ankles as he does his little dances. If thats even needed, a break dancer could probably easily replicate the kids movement especially since hes holdin onto his mom he can throw his legs anyway he wants. I've seen plenty of dancers do similar moves.

Just some poor bored people looking for some attention or money. And it doesn't look like the "reporters" are trying very hard to investigate; making sure the picture is nice and fuzzy for the action scenes, letting his mom hold the microphone next to the kid etc, whatever boosts the ratings right?
edit on 22-11-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Not in reference to the viddeo but to the comments to it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Assuming the people in the village are being honest...and this is a leap of faith...then...

This video is quite a gem and it also states that other things occur even when they go to other locations (such as church). I am absolutely on the fence about this but am slightly leaning towards the real side. If he is acting then I am absolutely impressed as his initial reactions appear to be authentic.

The natural human reaction towards falling or being moved suddenly in an unexpected direction is to spread all of the limbs as quickly as possible. This essentially allows one to redistribute their body weight in order to redistribute the center of gravity. This is a known fact and I will demonstrate it with a simple example (please feel free to discuss if you disagree!). Think about it this way...try standing on one foot with your hands at your sides (difficult huh?). If you attempt the same feat with your arms spread at 90 degree angles then this becomes much easier. This process effectively redistributes your center of gravity away from the point of imbalance.

Now if one is predicting a fall or sudden change in direction due to impact then the reaction is nearly opposite to what we get when we are surprised. Just before impact (or before emulating impact) you will brace and draw your limbs inward. This is a primal instinct in most animals which serves to protect our limbs and core from damage. Examples of this include tensing up before a car crash or simply tripping and falling on the pavement. When you hit the pavement do you normally faceplant? No, your arms retreat to the center of your body in order to protect the head and torso.

MY POINT IS THIS: If you watch the boy's reaction in this video you see his limbs sprawl during both of the videotaped encounters. Due to this fact I must assume that he is acting naturally to a sudden impact which he cannot predict. I understand that it IS definitely possible for him to be an incredibly well-balanced kid who can act up a storm, but his reaction seems far too authentic to discredit at first sight. Of course, more evidence would be great, but we all know that we have to fly (or sail) to Jamaica in order to get it.

FURTHER SUGGESTIONS: In the first encounter I believe that generating that kind of force from the bottom up would cause the chair to tilt backward as opposed to sliding (this is opinion not fact). In the second encounter it also appears that his body lifts slightly as something appears to be pulling at his leg (also opinion, maybe fact). I would finally like to note that a mother reaching out for her son in the second segment does slightly suggest that she was anticipating an attack. However, EVERYONE was predicting the attack as the boy stated that his 'friend' was near the wall and his being there would probably serve as provocation. A mother's first instinct would be to reach for her offspring when they are in danger of falling. In fact, it is human instinct in general to reach for others when they are falling in order to prevent their injury and to prolong the gene pool of our species as a whole. I know this does not discredit the hoax theory. I am simply stating that the boys reactions appear to be authentic and that this video is a chilling find of a boy who is unpredictably having his center of gravity shifted by a surprising force. Good job OP!

Now what that force is...I cannot prove one way or the other.

edit on 22-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: Word Choice

edit on 22-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think we can gather crucial clues to the authenticity of these events simply by looking closely at what the grandmother, Minerva Morgan, tells the news reporter starting at 1:03 in the vid:

I'm lickin' him dung
I'm dryin' him
And flung that figgerie
I flung the slippers
And licked me on the back
And licked me on the ear
He has a temper
He likes to lick a stool
Just a fling
And dry him all outta bed
Dry him in the corner
Dry him in the wango

So, clearly, there is ghostly presence. It sounds to me like this ghost has a fixation with fecal matter. It also sounds as if this ghost has been licking the grandma, which, oddly, was not mentioned in this news report.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
How bizarre!
Inter dimensional being?

edit on 22-11-2010 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I would like to thank 'Calilove310' for the link to the follow up video, which allows for further perusal of the effects upon the boy...this time in broad daylight with no 'light blackout' occurring prior to being assailed. The blackouts in the first video which caused some previous posters a little concern, need no longer be used as evidence of trickery or fakery.

Looking at the second video and the physical movements of the boy, brought me to mind of involuntary muscle contractions. I noted that it was his left leg affected once again and in a very similar manner as in the first video. If I was investigating this case I would pay for a complete medical diagnosis of the child.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Looked as if his feet did the pushing.
He's probably going to pimp the situation for what it's worth unfortunately.
Ghost?
Nah.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

It's probably the boy's mother.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's bogus, of course, like 99.99% of the paranormal stuff coming out of Jamaica and Haiti. In this case, look at the presentation: As soon as the boy flexes in one direction, his mother lunges into the picture to distract and confuse the viewer.

Remember when Chris Angel was doing his sidewalk levitation routine? He would "levitate" (which was hilarious, when you know how he did it), then he would collapse and confusion would follow. Same modus operandi, a split-second of something apparently miraculous, followed by confusion and distraction.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Haha, im laughing so much im crying, i cant see the computer screen, yeah ive watched this vid countless times and have been intrigued and done a double take to what Minerva is saying.
Im on the fence with this but leaning towards this possiblely being a supernatural event, for reasons that have been mentioned numerous times on the thread (the wobbly chair that shouldnt travel that well etc). I also believe that just because people are poor or bored it doesnt automatically make them dishonest, i see more dishonesty in the modern world. I suppose the only way to know if its true on not would be to be standing there while its happening to the boy.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
i am not sure about this video , I need a second opinion

the first contact with the ghost seemed a little questionable ,however the second encounter looked a bit real

anyway some thoughts on this would be nice

Many thanks
Nephi

www.liveleak.com...

I buy it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Interesting... I noticed that when his chair gets pulled, there is some definite rumbling before the kid even moves. This could be just poor audio syncing, put if it's correctly synced, it would certainly seem that the noise starts before he moves. The sound itself is quite strange as well, perhaps some careless Jedi was walking by outside and misdirected a force push?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Around 1:55 in the video, his leg gets pulled back up, meaning something pulled his leg. He couldn't of lifted his leg, if the other leg was off the groud too. Watch closely when his mum holds him, his right leg gets pulled up again.

Leg Getting Pulled Back Up
I uploaded this still of his leg getting dragged back up again. It's blurry but you can see his leg starting to get pulled back up, something you can clearly see in the video @ about 1:57

The chair incident, I tried doing what he did in his position on the same kinda chairs in my conservatory. It's not possible. I doubt even a very well abled muscle man could push a chair that far back in that position. When I tried it, the chair tipped and scraped the floor a little, but I couldn't push myself back.

ETA!

A follow up with a jamacian priest with the kid, and more stuff happens to him
KId with a priest
edit on 19 22uMonday10 20 by vanhippi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join