It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe a ghost saved my life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I read your story, and believe it really happened. Here is why. I have always saw the dead. don't know why, and even if I asked someone, they wouldn't know anyway. As a child, I played with the dead spirits of 6 soldiers who called be "Capitan." Korea had been over for a short time, Viet Nam was just getting a good start, and my uncles keep my head full of war stories, that is, when Mom wasn't around.

At 17, I was working as a "grease monkey," or in today's vernacular "lubrication technician," in a service garage that did a brisk business on those days. The hydraulic lift, or hoist, had a broken safety catch, and we were using a large spanner wrench to lock it in place and keep it from falling. On the day in question I had placed that wrench maybe 15 times. I had raised an Oldsmobile sedan and was cleaning off the zerks and preparing to grease everything, when I heard that wrench rattle and I knew it was about to spring free and drop that Olds right on my head. I looked over at the boss and my co-workers, who said later my face was white as a sheet. Just then, hands came out of nowhere and grabbed me, pulling me back so violently that I slammed against the cement block wall, all the breath knocked out of me. The Olds came down fast, and bounced three times before coming to rest, perhaps two feet from where I was standing, between it and the wall. My boss and friends came running over, and I shouted, "that was a close one!" to which they all told me that they saw hands come out of thin air and grab me around the waist just before that car fell.

Fast forward to a year later. I was in a bad car wreck that almost killed me. I had slammed a Pontiac Bonneville into a tree, and just before the car hit the tree, something pushed me across the car and into the passenger side floorboard. It was the only one place inside that car that was not crushed in the crash, and emergency personnel had to cut the car door off to extract me from the wreck. This was before the "Jaws of Life."

There have been a few other times I will not go into, but these men, or the spirits thereof, have been with me for my whole life. Family members and friends have seen them, heard them, smelled them, so this isn't just me. I believe today if my life were in danger, they would save me from it.
How do I explain it? I cannot.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I have only been in one car wreck, T boned a car at 60 mph. My chin hit the steering wheel and I "slightly" split my lip. Hardly any blood at all, I thought that was a miracle.

That was an amazing story. You had witnesses that saw the hands! I bet you guys talked about that for years. Did they give you a day off or at least a nickname like "Lucky" or "Hands"
Did you feel yourself being pulled or just moved?

Finally, did these Ghosts you saw when you were young- were they blurry looking or real looking like mine.Did they ever tell you why they were still here on earth?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

I have only been in one car wreck, T boned a car at 60 mph. My chin hit the steering wheel and I "slightly" split my lip. Hardly any blood at all, I thought that was a miracle.

That was an amazing story. You had witnesses that saw the hands! I bet you guys talked about that for years. Did they give you a day off or at least a nickname like "Lucky" or "Hands"
Did you feel yourself being pulled or just moved?

Finally, did these Ghosts you saw when you were young- were they blurry looking or real looking like mine.Did they ever tell you why they were still here on earth?

I have to confess I do not know why. And yes, I felt the hands, they yanked me, in a violent sort of way. I believe these men served with me in the Civil War, and for some unknown reason stayed with me. I once spoke with a Gettysburg park ranger who told me a very similar story of his "protectors," as he called them
Any wreck is bad. And friend, I still think about, and talk about it quite often. As a child, they were as real as any other person, I could touch them and everything.
About a year ago, my Grandfather came to visit me, he "died" in 1962 when I was 7. He had his car, a '51 Ford, and we went riding and talking. When I was returned to my bedroom, I had to re-enter my body, in other words, crawl into it. First time I ever had to do that. I have never been called lucky, but have led what seems to be a charmed life. Many wrecks and injuries and I am still walking, most days, and am still pretty healthy. My doctor tells me I have the constitution of a 40 year old, no enlarged prostrate, no cancer, no ulcers, only a little arthritis and a permanent limp. Last year I had all 5 lower lumber fused and fixated.
And no body can tell me we have but one life, we have thousands of them, until we get it right.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Tribble

I read your story, and believe it really happened. Here is why. I have always saw the dead. don't know why, and even if I asked someone, they wouldn't know anyway. As a child, I played with the dead spirits of 6 soldiers who called be "Capitan." Korea had been over for a short time, Viet Nam was just getting a good start, and my uncles keep my head full of war stories, that is, when Mom wasn't around.

At 17, I was working as a "grease monkey," or in today's vernacular "lubrication technician," in a service garage that did a brisk business on those days. The hydraulic lift, or hoist, had a broken safety catch, and we were using a large spanner wrench to lock it in place and keep it from falling. On the day in question I had placed that wrench maybe 15 times. I had raised an Oldsmobile sedan and was cleaning off the zerks and preparing to grease everything, when I heard that wrench rattle and I knew it was about to spring free and drop that Olds right on my head. I looked over at the boss and my co-workers, who said later my face was white as a sheet. Just then, hands came out of nowhere and grabbed me, pulling me back so violently that I slammed against the cement block wall, all the breath knocked out of me. The Olds came down fast, and bounced three times before coming to rest, perhaps two feet from where I was standing, between it and the wall. My boss and friends came running over, and I shouted, "that was a close one!" to which they all told me that they saw hands come out of thin air and grab me around the waist just before that car fell.

Fast forward to a year later. I was in a bad car wreck that almost killed me. I had slammed a Pontiac Bonneville into a tree, and just before the car hit the tree, something pushed me across the car and into the passenger side floorboard. It was the only one place inside that car that was not crushed in the crash, and emergency personnel had to cut the car door off to extract me from the wreck. This was before the "Jaws of Life."

There have been a few other times I will not go into, but these men, or the spirits thereof, have been with me for my whole life. Family members and friends have seen them, heard them, smelled them, so this isn't just me. I believe today if my life were in danger, they would save me from it.
How do I explain it? I cannot.

Thats amazing and the strang thing is, I had something similiar though it was much scarier. I was walking along the road at night and went to cross the street. When I was crossing the street I was talking on my cell phone to a friend. So as fate would have it I'm standing in the middle of the road talking and I start to move out of the way as I see this car come towards me. I am about to tell my friend that I'm going to let him go when the car comes forward, then stops, and then at the last moment I freeze and the car comes forward and nicks me in below the knee area hard and hits my fingers. Well here I feel myself get hit on the hip I believe and down below but the real pain is below my knee. As luck would have it, I had a off duty paramedic on duty on hand and a ambulance shortly after that. I went to the hospital and while I was getting into the ambulance I kept staring at near the car where a bluish see through figure of what I believe is a male was standing there, rippling as if in shock and terror and just staring down at where I was. I thought of asking the ambulance personel if they saw it too but was afraid they'd call me crazy so I said nothing. I've been able to see shadow spirits as I call them and other weird beings. I was just visited by one last night infact which puzzled me. But yeah.... once I can UTS on here would you mind if we chatted about these experiences? Because in mine, in the end, I only got a hair line fracture on my Tibia.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Rishiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

So your ghosts were as real as the old man who helped me. I find it hard to believe that they can become fully material humans, but there is no other explanation. You didn't tell me if they said why they were still here- If you don't know, maybe you could ask- if there is a next time.

I have been way blessed also, as you will see through reading my future story's. I haven't had a health problem in all my 48 years.

My Grandpa was a Mariner 1915, and after the Captain refused to go to port. My Grandpa was selected to drag the Captain out of his quarters (as the others subdued the 4 or 5 overlords) and bring him topside in order to set them all off in a lifeboat. When he was a foot form the Captains door, he saw a small double axe come out of the wall (3 feet opposite the door) and stick in that door at chest level. He said he took a step back and looked behind him and then looked back forward. By them the Captain had entered the hallway and took him topside by knife point, reversing the mutiny. The crew's only punishment was that they sailed on for the 3 more weeks, the Captain originally proposed. He said that was his last voyage.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

So your ghosts were as real as the old man who helped me. I find it hard to believe that they can become fully material humans, but there is no other explanation. You didn't tell me if they said why they were still here- If you don't know, maybe you could ask- if there is a next time.

I have been way blessed also, as you will see through reading my future story's. I haven't had a health problem in all my 48 years.

My Grandpa was a Mariner 1915, and after the Captain refused to go to port. My Grandpa was selected to drag the Captain out of his quarters (as the others subdued the 4 or 5 overlords) and bring him topside in order to set them all off in a lifeboat. When he was a foot form the Captains door, he saw a small double axe come out of the wall (3 feet opposite the door) and stick in that door at chest level. He said he took a step back and looked behind him and then looked back forward. By them the Captain had entered the hallway and took him topside by knife point, reversing the mutiny. The crew's only punishment was that they sailed on for the 3 more weeks, the Captain originally proposed. He said that was his last voyage.

Sorry...... wrong reply.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Rishiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Great experience thanks for sharing this story. If the old man said it happened to him a while back, then he either escaped it to live and help you and then disappear or he was overtaken by the rising water and passed on. I personally believe you were helped by a guardian spirit or angel in disguise. Not much explaining someone disappearing like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

Due to your reply, I imagine you read the thread. The old man who helped me was cool as a cucumber. I had that knife in my hand all the way back to the truck-and poof- it was gone too.

I will post my miracle on Half Dome story today, then maybe you can help me find out what this thing is that keeps watch over me.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've long thought it makes sence that the afterlife-soul should evolve rather like every other aspect of life seems to have done so. But for this to happen, the must help the living, on average 9kinda what you would do if you saw a member of family about to e.g. get run over for not having the sick sence to check the road twice).

This to me, that's what this ghost did as i've heard at least one other story from a friend, where they believed a ghost saved them from a tree crashing into their car, by distracting them. I've also heard of a ghost waking person up, during a house fire.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

It's making more sense to me. Prior to making this thread I was dumbfounded for all these years.
The old guy didn't seem too happy, he acted like he was changing a filter on a generator.
So I guess he is locked there for a very long time, destined to saving lives.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Hello! My name is Laura and I represent a production company in Los Angeles called Karga 7 Pictures. We have a show currently in pre-production and are hoping to interview you about this incredible story.

If interested, please contact me at [email protected] so we can set up an interview.

Thank you for your time,

Laura

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tribble I don't think it was a ghost. It may have been an angel.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join