It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion how much of the white house and congress is loyal to America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What the title says how much of the American goverment in all branches is loyal to America in your opinion?
edit on 20-11-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Not a single person. If they are in office, they owe someone, and they are only there for their own financial gain.........not to better, or save our once great country.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am sure they are loyal only to there cause. Lefta nd right no matter the cause goes on does it not.

GWbush increased gov, and so does obama. Whats the difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Not a single person. If they are in office, they owe someone

Exactly, they are probably picked out, and then they probably jump onboard as power does corrupt.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
None.
Nearly every......if not all governments are corrupt.
They don`t work for the people no more.
They`re all puppets and they know this before they get into office.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Only the interns, whom on occasion get molested into the corruption.
The cycle of becoming a politician is an extremely weird one.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I would not be surprised if they pick people at young age, and tramatise them, and they have made sure they no empathy for humans no more. I am sure it goes along that road.

Gw bush we all know had absolutely no emapthy or understanding for others and his crimes. I think probably they use a certain technique and procedure to get people like that as humans who care would not do what is needed.

edit on 11/20/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Very little loyalty, I'd say. Something I find odd about the questioning of candidates on their 'campaign trails' is how people are so curious what THEIR ideals and opinions are. What ought to be asked is how willing and able they are to REPRESENT their constituents' ideals and opinions.

In the words of Dave Mustaine: "What do you mean I could be the President?...of the United States of America...tell me something...it's still WE THE PEOPLE, right?"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Its a matter of choicing between the lesser of two evils. No party can represent anyone 100% or even 70%!

I am running "the risk" of being labeled a "sheep" but I still think democrats are better for the average person than republicans who support wealthy individuals and big business. If you want less government chances are you want to contribute less to society because you are greedy, regardless if you earned the money or stole it.

Big versus small, at least on a theoretical level, is valid but mega-corporations and satan have a way of corrupting any cause to the point of no return. As they say "money talks and bs walks". If you want progress then fix the constitution so that donations greater than x will not be accepted and do away with the stupid inter-state commerce laws....two big problems right there....just imagine the possibilities...and think positive for a change!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think the more important question is how many are loyal to the Constitution. I'm sure many are loyal to America as they would like to see it run. As far as how many are loyal to the document they swore an oath to uphold and protect? I can only think of Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The democrats take as much lobby money as republicans do. They also invest heavily in all of the same corporations and oil that republicans do. As a matter of fact some of the biggest democratic supporters became wealthy off of oil. The democrats don't give any more care for the average person than the republicans. They just use them to get votes.

The government is only worried about perpetuation their own power and control They see citizens as tools to be used and manipulated.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The original idea of politics was that there was no money in it. You had to want to make a difference, because you new the pay was gonna stink. That's why there were Governor's houses and the like, so that these guys would have a place to stay.
Nowadays, no one cares about making a difference. Politics have become the new investment. They get into office for the soul purpose of selling out. They don't want to oust the lobbyists, they're dependent on them to bankroll their futures. No one in Politics is loyal to the United States. This is why they sell us off to other countries, vote to allow our jobs to be outsourced, and do everything in their power to strip power from anyone who might stop them from getting the green.
This is evident the extremes that politicians go to in order to get reelected. The idea of voting someone in, and limiting their terms, comes from the original idea that: you get elected in, you make a positive difference, then you step aside for the next guy with a great idea, while you went off to continue managing your farm, or working your mill or store, or whatever it is that you did before running for office. Being a politician wasn't originally a career. It was a chapter in a career.
Now its all about, how long can I stay in office, make obscene amounts of money, while keeping up the status quo so that no one challenges the high position that I was allowed to put myself in.
You ask: how many people in Washington are loyal to the U.S.?
And I answer: 0%.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I still think democrats are better for the average person than republicans who support wealthy individuals and big business.

That cannot be true because both parties are comprised of wealthy individuals whose campaigns and elections are sponsored by big business/corporations, thus both sides are against the average American. Neither side ever truly does any good for the average citizen. Generally, one side will F-things up and the other side will come in and make things worse. This is how they work.

The democrats and republicans are the same body with 2 different faces. 2-Face. One side of the face is covered with warts, while the other side has herpes. Neither side is ideal, nor will they ever do good for the average person.

edit on 20-11-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Absolutely nobody, and that's all I can say to that. They live in their glass bubble and really can't relate to the average American. Their main purpose is to try to stay in office long enough so they can keep on reaping their high paid salaries, benefits and a government pension.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here's a great video about how 300 members of congress signed unwaivering support for Israel earlier this year.

Also an article about it in the israeli newspaper.
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Americans have the Government they deserve,
The Voters , who are fooled every four years
into believing the Republic-rats or the Demoni-cons
will save them.and NOTHING ever changes.(duh)
YOU HAVE WHAT YOU ASKED FOR.. a slow lingering death.
I've said it before and I'll say it again;
Politicians do not give a rats asset about
you or your Families. All they care about is POWER.
And its very clear to see ,they do not care how they get it.
They leave a trail of corruption, blood and death in they're wake.
And here's the kicker... Every Government that has ever exsisted
has FAILED. It will be the same for America as well.
but, it only took us a couple hundred years, yep' that's all it took.
That says something about the level of corruption in this Government.
The best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep or, that china
buys them out.
The BrainGarden.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

I always hope for them to die in their sleep, but they just seem to get older and older and never die. I think they are aliens. I mean cheney is still alive somehow after multiple heart attacks and I hear he doesn't even have a pulse anymore. Liebermann keeps getting older. Mccain is like 80 or something. What are these people eating to make them live so long. lol

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think as long as this nation is gripped by the two party system. Very, very few. The problem is, is that sooo many people have been really programmed to think that a vote for any other party than the 'big two' is a wasted vote. It's amazing just how many people I've talked to who have said "I WOULD vote for a third party, but they can never win." To which I point out, if everyone who actually said that actually did vote for that third party, maybe we actually would have some real and meaningful change.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What is "America" ...

"America" is a country.. a nation, bound by laws.. for the most part, all lawmakers are loyal to the Nation as a whole entity..

Is "America" is the "People" .. all those civilians.. I'd say that in no way is the American government loyal to us .. in fact, I'd say it's the single greatest threat to our way of life..

Fact: Governments serve the function of continuing Government. Nothing more. Nothing less. They do not serve the wills of the people, and often don't act in bounds of law and regulation. They exist for the simple fact of continuing the act of Governing, and as a side effect, keeping the nation it's self, which cannot exist without Government, from collapsing. It is therefore easy to say Governments work against the People and the Nation by serving their own needs, but that by serving it's own needs facilitates the necessary need of Government to function and exist..

In other words, a necessary evil..

But it certainly has no loyalty to the "people" .. we are it's greatest enemy.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would count as loyal to the American people and the constitution those who consistently speak out against government corruption, who publicly denounce and name the shadow government, who speak out against the stripping away of human rights, who loudly defend the constitution. Those who listen to the American people and represent their interests, those who speak out in favor of full investigation into 9/11, those who declare Bush a war criminal for the lies about Iraq's WMD. Those who do not seek immense personal gain, those who have integrity and who consistently, without fail, act for the benefit of the American people and the constitution.

Now, I ask you - how many are there? Perhaps one.

edit on 20-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join