It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decode 666: Six Degrees of Separation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Just looking at the phrase which introduces the number in the first place.

"And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand, or on their forehead, so that no-one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666..."

The only symbolic thing I know to be both on the right hand, and on the forehead, is a sign of being wed. In Muslim culture, the men wear the wedding ring on the right hand, and in Indian marriage, the woman wears a dot on her forehead to signify she is married.

Assuming you need to insert values to each six, and it's based on the issue of mating, in the first lessons, Adam & Eve are 'added' together, and then, they leave Eden and multiply'.

Adam + Eve x Multitudes = 72.
6 + 6 X 6.

And 72 is in every degree of pertinent natural formation I can think of.

edit on 21-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
TheDolphinSings

Thank you for sharing your theory!

And I did not connect the Western and the Eastern wedding ritual markings, as in 'ring on finger' and 'dot on forehead' as identifying these marks to the biblical 'wrist and forehead' type branding. That is very interesting. Why didn't I see that pattern? Rhetorical rant.

And adding Adam and Eve together and then multiplying them is astounding math.

Natural formation huh? Now that is a hot topic in my book. I'll have to look into it further. Because I don't know about the '72' thing. There is so much more to this 666 thing that I had imagined. Being separated by degrees is definitely something that I hadn't considered.

You've got yourself a fan,

Star

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Interesting theory. You might even apply it on a bigger scale than classes; perhaps the "mark" could evolve from a simple class separation into a separation between cultures and nations. If you draw a line from this theory to theories of an anticipated "NWO," it almost seems to make sense somehow.

Using this Six Degrees logic, this supposed "Beast" could actually be the "force" which is driving the separation between all people, classes, nations, cultures, etc. In this case, the opposite force would clearly be that which enables a unity.

The "mark on the right hand" almost seems to be symbolic. Perhaps it's not literally a visible or material mark, but rather a figurative mark. Almost as if the right hand is figuratively stained somehow. It's no secret the use of right hand has a very significant meaning. Shaking a hand, taking an oath, saluting a flag, and pledging allegience is almost universally done with the right hand. All of these symbolic acts have a spiritual undertone among them: the "swearing" and "pledging" aspect; and common denominators: duty and separation. The separation involving this "right hand" symbolism would almost seem to be everything regarding a "dedication" to any one of several entities (whichever subject you apply it to.)

Could the "mark" be symbolic of a dedication or duty to separation, or anything less than unity? Could the "beast" actually be our own classes, races, nations, flags, borders, religions, cultures, etc., acting independently instead of cooperating? Perhaps the "beast" is actually pride and superiority.

Or interestingly enough, could the "mark of the beast" actually be all the different forms of currency? It would make sense, as currency and economy definitely appears to draw a separation between people and nations. I'm sure everyone is aware of the theory that a "one world currency" would be the "mark of the beast." Using this logic, it could be the exact opposite.

Note that currency doesn't always apply to financial economy; it can apply to cultural economy as well. For example, traditions and arts could be considered a form of cultural currency. Makes me think of religions and empires. Could the "NWO" actually represent the exact opposite of the "beast"?

Interesting quote:
"Love is a better master than duty." (Albert Einstein)

Although possibly purely coincidental, another thought arises when you look at the number 6, the number 9, and the symbolic meaning and visual construction of the Yin Yang. It's obvious the Yin Yang represents some form of unity. Perhaps half of a Yin Yang (Yin, or Yang, alone; as both could fulfill the role) would represent a separation.

It could be that "666" and "999," individually, are both marks. So what would the "Mark of Unity" be? 666999? 69?

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
Adam + Eve x Multitudes = 72.
6 + 6 X 6.

6x9. 42?

Lucky 7s and 73s.

P.S.
OPs thread deserves way more flags and stars.

edit on 3-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

Thanks for sharing...I always love original theories that make sense. I do not think we will ever know for sure what 666 means but your theory is up there on the top of my list. Didn't the bible also say that in the end people would go to and fro, knowledge would be increased, and the world will speak the same language? 6 degrees maybe.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

en.wikipedia.org...

Six degrees of separation (also referred to as the "Human Web") refers to the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps or fewer.

Bear with me....This is HUGE - I think so HUGE I started a separate thread on it

I was on FACEBOOK and fooling around with the FRIEND FINDER feature.
I am still locating and adding countless friends I did not know were even on FACEBOOK.
FACEBOOK was able to find the friends for me using the number of friends we had in common.
More friends in common, more likelihood I knew this person.
If I had the time I could go through this (apparently never ending ) list (since I had not reached the end of it after trying for 2 days) and friend everyone who had a friend in common, eventually I will hit almost everyone there is to friend.

Looking at this amazing feature, I realize it is only a matter of time....I don't even think I can use YEARS to say how little time, time better measured in MONTHS before...I don't know 16, 18, 24 months...before we all know each other. We (a huge chunk of the planet) will move and act as one. This is the New World Order and we are in a count down right now. It is the FRIEND FINDER!
And that ticker is ticking. Rulers, governments, "the powers that be" are maneuvering into control positions to try and steer the outcome of this inevitable event more in their favor. They are practicing and planning for serious "damage control."

It will be a tsunami of humanity.
Inevitable and soon.
Your theory above was very curious and perhaps also related.
I found it by searching terms "6 degrees" and NWO since it occurred to me instantly,
This 6 degree connection IS the New World Order....and abovetopsecret.
I had not considered the 666 connection, as sort of a signal...It is confusing because I do not think this heralds a catastrophic or negative event.

When the number of people connected, simpatico and acting as one, reach a tipping point... EITHER GREAT or WICKED things can be accomplished. We will soon see if we are more great or more wicked.

edit on 13-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well considering the fact that many scholars and just people in general contest that 666 is not the accurate "number of the beast" and it may very well 616, 665 (and a few more) I'll be convinced when this can be done with all of those numbers as well. S&F regardless for a good theory however.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join