It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Mexico's State of Anarchy - Residents Abandon a Border Town as Vicious Drug Cartels Go to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Northern Mexico's State of Anarchy

online.wsj.com

Caravans of armored SUVs crammed with gunmen firing automatic rifles prowled the streets. Parents pulled terrified children from schools. The town of 6,000 went dark every time the combatants shot out the transformers. In May, a man was hung alive from a tree in the central plaza and dismembered while town folk heard the screaming from behind shuttered doors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-11-2010 by Maxmars because: complete title....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Across Tamaulipas, gunmen run their own checkpoints on highways. The cartels have forced Mexico's national oil company to abandon several gas fields. Many farmers have given up on tons of soybeans and sorghum in fields controlled by criminals. Leading families, fleeing extortion and threats of kidnapping, have escaped to Texas—as have the mayors of the state's three largest cities. Most of the brutality that takes place along this vast arid landscape goes unrecorded. Newspapers as well as television broadcasters have been silenced...

But we hear next to nothing on National news and the Obama Admin still thinks the Canadian border is the bigger threat...go figure...

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
sounds like you have seen a lot of those really bad movies "portraying mexican reality".
Of course there is a big lot of violence and problems in northern mexican cities, but your description and your "petition for an intervention" (tacit) looks like you are one of those who think that usa has every right to send troops everywhere.
Also, never forget that the very root of all the violence, drugs, and insecurity my fellow northern mexicans are suffering, is the drug consume of your country, nothing less
There, about that, your country should do something really big.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

your right... we should have closed our borders...of course these cartels will just find other routes but it would stop a lot of needless suffering... Our open border policy just isn't working...Forget making drugs legal here that's not going to solve anything... simple turn that 2,000 mile stretch into a no-mans land were we shot anything that moves... wont take long before those poor folk get there towns back if the cartels got no reason Tobe there right?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mastercanto

POLITICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS BELOW!!!

I am not sure where you are from, but I live in Texas - we are a state that is overrun with Mexicans- and I am not opposed to immigration - I practice immigration law- I try to assist the people who want to be here legally and respect the laws of our country-
I will say that we desperately need troops here - we can not control our own borders thanks to the federal government.
I can no longer visit the southern region of my great state due to fear of being murdered or kidnapped- they can not pay attorneys enough money to prosecute people in the southern region of our state because their lives are threatened.
As a criminal defense attorney - I am also fully aware that many of my clients who have ICE holds are traffickers and are associated with the cartels -
I do not want to become England - who opened its borders - it is another middle eastern country -
I also do not like that my children's letters from school come home in both english and spanish - I do not like that jobs are getting to the point where being bilingual is mandatory - the Mexicans came to my country - I did not move to Mexico -
I am not some sideline American freak that thinks that we should all love one another and everything should be fair - I live in the trenches of society and I know that our neighbors to the south only want to move here for benefits - but please do so legally- if you are in danger in your country we have a visa for you : )

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Very interesting article. May I respectfully request that you use the entire title next time.... while qualifying as Breaking News by virtue of the fact that it was published today, the elimination of the entire second half of the title makes it sound like this is an event happening (right now) at the norther border ... not just about one town.

Your title should read:

"Northern Mexico's State of Anarchy
Residents Abandon a Border Town as Vicious Drug Cartels Go to War"

nes pa?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ksorelleesq

Let me help you out. LEARN SPANISH OR PERISH. now that I have helped you out you will not be ignorant and you will survive. America is ONE Big MELTING POT.l I learned that in elementary.

AMERICA IS MADE FROM IMMIGRANTS.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Its a sad state of affairs and i know why you dont want your country to become like the uk, I was born in britain and have lived my whole life here and my ancestors also originate from here though now I am treated like a second class citizen. The immigration situation in britain has destroyed the country as we now have a huge national debt crisis and theres places here where you cannot go if you are british due to fear of crime abuse and much more.
So much so that a lot of brits even myself have never condoned racism but the way things have worked out most people that you talk to now have a real issue with the eastern europeans, it doesnt even matter now when you meet ones who work hard and pay tax because the country has been over run, in most town now polish shops have opened up and if you walk down the street you will hear conversations in every language you can think of.
In the past it used to annoy me when people complained about the afro caribeans in london but in truth we brought them over here how ever many years ago and they stayed and worked and became part of the community and now their kids are british citizens and are the same as the rest of us and we all get along and it really makes me laugh when I hear british indians complaining about the polish etc but to be fair they have every right to.
Eastern europe has destroyed the uk as they have come across and taken jobs , sent 3/4 of what they have made back home and when they leave theres no jobs anymore because the companies have gone bust. I personally see the general public getting to a point where they will have to stand up against these foriegn invaders and take their country back and i hope it happens soon, eastern europe is a crime ridden cess pit and we hould keep them there to do what they want ... And with any luck one day britain will be "great" again...

Do not let this happen to the usa , for the sake of all that is holy please keep the american dream alive and fight for your country.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

America is made from LEGAL immigrants... I am one from Canada, originally born in Germany and it took me FIVE YEARS of paper work to get my green card

A few years back when the ILLEGALS protested for amnesty to be allowed to stay they flew MEXICAN flags, not AMERICAN

Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA.

American Veteran Removes US Flag from beneath Mexican Flag

LAS VEGAS students protest to allow ILLEGALS to stay

DALLAS A Mexican girl gets criticized for daring to bring an AMERICAN flag to the protest the treatment of ILLEGALS

Anytime you start to think this behavior is even TOLERABLE in this country... I say BRING OUT THE BUSES and give em a one way ticket back to Cartel territory...

This isn't about immigration or racism... its about ILLEGALS invading this country.

And leave our troops at home... we have MARVELOUS UAV's and Drones that can do the job

And at least in Nevada you can still own MACHINE GUNS

[/rant]

edit on 20-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Let me help you out. LEARN SPANISH OR PERISH. now that I have helped you out you will not be ignorant and you will survive. America is ONE Big MELTING POT.l I learned that in elementary.

Yes, the entire country IS immigrants. As a matter of fact, the entire planet is made up of 'immigrants' from many star systems.

No one on Earth can pretend to be prejudice about any immigrants. Each 'immigrant' is simply searching for a better life for him or her self.... every human being's birth right.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Please tell me where it is right that one group can over power and financially ruin another group and that is okay - DOWN WITH ESPANOL IN THE UNITED STATES- lol
edit on 20-11-2010 by ksorelleesq because: misstated

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've heard that 90% of American paper money ,

has traces of coc aine on it ....

Wake up

Stop doing drugs ,

and your problems will melt away .

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Are you smoking some of that "illegal" weed from Washington? Learn Spanish or perish?
Yes, America is a melting pot, but a "legal" one. What part of your brain won't allow this
fact to seep in? I don't seem to notice the "legal" Italians demanding we speak Italian,
the French immigrants aren't demanding that we speak French, the Germans that have moved
here aren't demanding we speak German or perish in the process, the Swiss aren't telling us
to speak Swiss or perish, the folks from Norway aren't demanding we speak Norwegian or
perish. What kind of a traitor are you? Maybe you should go to Mexico and make the demand
that everyone there should speak English or perish. I want to vomit at stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Mexican government has been taken over by the same New World Order architects that are controlling the U.S. and Canada.
Suddenly they can't control the drug cartels? Give me a break. They choose not to. Why? Because it takes an INTERNATIONAL force to deal with such a MAJOR problem. Right? Isn't that we are being led to believe?
Enter the U.S. But, "we the people" will not be happy going into Mexico (in fact, we are already there but they had to do so in secret), so the next step surely will be a UN Peacekeeping force.

This is all a bunch of b.s. Yes, the violence is real, but it is allowed to happen. Mexico is not a poor country. But for the new world order to be begged for by all of us, it has to appear to be totally uncontrollable by the Mexicans.

So, now you know.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Fine and dandy. I actually have no problem with the U.S. becoming a bilingual country. What bothers me is that there are plenty of ways for Spanish speaking people to learn English that are cheap or relatively inexpensive. There are all kinds of community outreach programs for them. For me, though, I'm on my own if I want to learn Spanish. And that's b.s.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Gun control really works in Mexico. you can tell by how peaceful it is down there

The US government should start cleaning out confiscated guns from police department all over the US.
Clean them up and add a package of ammo.
Then give them to the Residents of Mexico.
Maybe even throw in captured weapons from Iraq and afghanistan.

After a short time the residents of Mexico would get tired of the cartels and take action.
They might even get rid is the corrupt government of Mexico.

Things could not get worse.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

No one on Earth can pretend to be prejudice about any immigrants. Each 'immigrant' is simply searching for a better life for him or her self.... every human being's birth right.
A better life at who's exspense? Not theirs. I have no problem with immigration and people wanting a better life for themself's. What I do have a problem with, is cowards that don't have the courage to stand up and put in the effort to change their situation, instead they have turned their backs on the problems they have created, walked across the street and are riding on the coattails of others that HAVE put in the effort to make this country what it is (or was). Thousands of Americans have fought, died, sacrificed and endured a lot of hardships to have a quality of life that we are currently flushing down the toilet. For the most part the "illegal" immigrants today are not the same immigrants that got off the boats yrs ago and worked hard to become a part of this country. Even if corperate America has invited them here and we did, I still find it very unethical and morally wrong to come here and steal, abuse and fraud the people that are putting food on their table and allowing them to have a better life. I find it cowardly.
As far as the drug cartel, even if we legalized every drug they bring into this country, you are not going to see the cartel laying down their guns and sitting in a church pew the following week. These are bad people with no regards for human life and until they're dealt with nothings changing. We could build a giant wall at the border, dig a moat and fill it with gators but IMO I think it's a little to little a little to late. We have 172 cities in America (a # I heard,who really knows) infiltrated by the Mexican drug cartel........now what?
edit on 21-11-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by DaddyBare

Your title should read:

"Northern Mexico's State of Anarchy
Residents Abandon a Border Town as Vicious Drug Cartels Go to War"

nes pa?

Thanks for getting it all in there...
I did try to get all the title in there but it cut it short...
Guess you have to be a Mod to make long titles like that

new topics

top topics

join