It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw an Elf on my picture and decided to join any paranormal forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nattmaran

Originally posted by craig-sansum
i looked at the exif data, image been edited with adobe photoshop cs4

img695.imageshack.us...

I have explained why.
And also why i took the pic

Convenient for you that you dont have the originals.
Is this just a plug for your band?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Dude, this is seriously album-cover worthy!

So folk metal in the vein of Agalloch? that stuff's deep there!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As a photographer and editor, I would definitely have to say that your elf was superimposed, but thank you for the laugh. Also, the circled blue spot in the 2nd picture looks to me to be the sky, meaning these were taken during the day (not saying elves don't come out during the day), and the other spots are probably bugs. And you are using flash in these photos, by the way, which is why you see those spots(bugs).

That being said, my mom has some seriously creepy vintage elf ornaments that she still puts up every year despite the fact that they scared the crap outta me as a kid, and now you've given me an idea of something to do with them.

They may look innocent in these pictures, but I tell you, when it gets dark and it's just the light of the tree, they look completely sinister.

edit on 11/20/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Dude, this is seriously album-cover worthy!

So folk metal in the vein of Agalloch? that stuff's deep there!

Definately...

Swedish Troll; a cone of darkness

-v

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Found the original on my ubunto.
Atleast I hope It's the original.

Lightraised:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That's my uncle Bubby wanking off behind a tree at the family reunion . He makes a damn good potato salad , by hand.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
if you ask me, its THIS GUY
edit on 20-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is incredible. I personally believe there are "all manners of creatures in the forest" to paraphrase an earlier poster. I think you succeeded exceptionally in capturing a good photo for a black metal album.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the post and welcome to ATS. In my opinion the face looks to be an older individual, male/or female with white or gray short hair though cant say for sure, but due to the distance it would appear it is relatively small. This is of course if the photo is authentic. Not implying a hoax, though it happens a lot here. In any case interesting photo and it would make an excellent album cover as it gives the viewer the need for a double take if not spotted immediately. A few questions for you: Was this camera a film or digital camera? I only ask in case it was maybe a double exposure of something else... previous photo of grandparents on the film roll or a possible photo tech error etc. I tend to walk the middle path when it comes to learning the truth, so I cant say its a fake or real just yet but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed. Twenty may sound like a lot, but it won’t take any time at all (especially if you start a really good introduction thread ). The minimum post requirement is there to give you a chance to acclimate to how ATS operates… And what constitutes quality content contribution (and maybe what doesn’t ). The bottom line is that your intro thread is about your favorite topic… You!

I hate to be like this, I am not a mod but I did follow these directions when I joined, and I think they are in place for a good reason.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Be positive, folks....it could be a lepricon, goblin, elf, fairy.....next time...bring some bread like the other guy said before me.....and be nice to them.
I'm an OPENED mind guy so I believe in anything (mythology, alien, ...etc) pretty easy, but NOT in an obsessived way of belief.
My attitude has always been like this "yeah, that look like an alien from another planet, SO WHAT ?!" it certainly does look like a fairy from Avalon, what does it make a different in our world ?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nattmaran

You know, Nattmaran, there are just so many creatures that I wouldn't worry about the classification of it. Some creature or energy has made itself apparent to you. Look upon it as (yet another) opportunity to really see what's going on around you. There are fairies, trolls, gnomes, elves, and all other sorts of beings imaginable. Just open your eyes and your heart, see them all and love them all.

I only discovered that they really exist about three years ago. My daughter, from the time she was young, told me that there was a troll over there or an elf over here. I never listened. I thought it was fairy tales. Well it was! And it was because she could see what I couldn't. She was right and I had been conditioned so well that I simply could not and would not give her comments a thought. The point is, just know what you know and walk happily with that. Don't worry about those who bark for evidence, etc. Know in your heart, with your heart, because your eyes are conditioned. It will take time to "see" again.

Let me know if you should ever see a blue light flash or float in the forest. I will tell you then who that is.

One more thing the face in your pic could be: a ghost. That face is very much in that manner as well.

Having just had a look at the close-up, that could possibly be a tree spirit emerging. It sprang to mind, and that happens for a reason, most times.
Perhaps a good thing would be to ask a local witch. S/he will know the spirits living in that area.
edit on 21/11/2010 by CosmicEgg because: additional commentary inserted

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
just looks like an old person peeking behind the tree, what about him makes you think its an Elf?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
You see, spending too much time in city life has a dumb effect. I've not seen an elf personally but my relatives who live in forested regions regard such sighting as normal.

We're not the only intelligent humanoid in this world.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Thanks for the original image

I still say it is most likely a cone (en kotte).

In this original picture it looks much like a face of an old woman. Maybe she's one of those grannies gone picking berries and gone lost, then she has gone wild and you randomly caught him doing his businness behind the tree?

Seriously though, only problem is that there seems to be part of the branches that go behind the face (or the cone), so it may not be face lurking behind the more distant tree, but something hanging on the branches of the first tree.

Send your picture to the local newspaper and see what they say.

-v

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Cool

May I ask about the specific area, its geographics and folklore?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
... Pine cone? Hard to say.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it is..unique.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I don't know.
I don't think it looks at all like a pinecone.

No speciall folklore or anything.
Just a small forest-area.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It's shape is a like of a cone (I mean the outer shape). And the branches behind the cone suggests it is in front..

But I do not deny that it looks a lot like a face of an old man/woman.

-v

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join