It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But and If and When S.H.T.F./S.H.T.I.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
SHTF - stuff hits the fan.

This is a heavy topic. So don't take it lightly.

You're shot in the thigh, and blood start pouring out... How do you survive such a hit in your thigh? What in all should one do till help come by way of an emergency phone call?

SHTI - stuff hits the internet.

This is a lighter sub-topic. So lighten up, and take it lightly.

Anyway, how will your livelihood, or reputation, survive when you've got no more internet? Or even, how will your livelihood, or reputation, survive if and when you get banned on every site you socialize on because of a conspiracy that tagets people like you from the government?

Sit BBG. Lol. That's situation banned by government. Heard they got a killswitch for the internet. Any of you hear of that? Do any of you like that they can kill your internet when you're online? This is my 2 cent, and it is against disinfo agents tall and small: This is also a good reason to consider switching over to two-way VHF marine radios. Better socially than chat sites and message boards. Compare the conversations on those with conversations on net. You'll notice huge difference. Plus, worthy points I will mention for those type radios: Can't get signal dropped; can't get banned; wont get moved when you're getting what you're saying across; no IP which means no tracking you for any reason legit or ill-legit by any user; and no moderators/admins/government agents to see your IP or monitor you like you're some kind of child in a daycare center. Till websites offer self-moderating in own topics, VHF marine radios BEAT the internet in terms of being used for a social thing for business or pleasure. You cant even do recruiting on certain sites. But it's different with VHFs. So I say, if the government will kill switch your internet, then it's a good time to get you or others a 25watt VHF marine radio for Xmas. 25 mile range, means you wont have the entire world in contact in comunication, but what did having a world in contact in communication ever do but lay grounds for immaturity and viruses and cowardliness? Don't let the government's NWO function (the internet) mess with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For the first question:
You're supposing that help will ever arrive, which in a survival situation, may be the biggest mistake you can make. There are numerous ways to slow bleeding on your own, and ways to seal and heal the wound. I wouldn't count on the National Guard or anyone else for that matter to run to your aid in a real SHTF scenario. You're going to witness the largest military defect in history as those boys abandon their posts to try and get home to their own families and children.

As for the second:
I don't allow my online contacts and/or social networking to reflect my ability to maintain my status quo of survivability should the $h!t hit the fan. If TPTB hit the kill switch on the net, that'll be the first sign to get the hell out of Dodge. Personally I don't think they'd use a kill switch. I think there'll be a massive censoring of the internet. One that may go on undetected for some time before anyone figures it out, but I don't think they'll kill the net, or even entire websites. They'll just silence accounts, and specific people. Everything will seem normal. We'll just see that some of our ATS friends aren't as chatty as they use to be, or that some Twitter whistle blowers aren't blowing like they use to anymore. You may even see some hardcore theorists change their opinions and seem to become almost disinfo types.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
You may even see some hardcore theorists change their opinions and seem to become almost disinfo types.

Alex Jones come to mind.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Really?! I don't usually listen to the guy, but from what I know about him, I figured he was a die hard/take it to his grave type. Hmmm.... maybe someone should check and see if he's really still alive.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I like what Alex did with the Ipad.

Sure made a point. But I don't trust any device that can be tracked down by GPS or other means.

Gov likes devices with backdoors. They can kill or pump a viruses onto. But these VHFs and CBs get no viruses and no shut offs by some fool with way too much time on their hands.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I agree it is more likely to be restricted... Sort of like what Canada is trying to push through.. well, the CRTC. They want to limit how much Internet you can use and if you go over they want to start charging through the roof. I know a lot of people who would no longer be using the internet if that happened, and they are all truthers spreading the word. Bad, BAD signs. It appears the Canadian government is pressuring them to come off it, but I wouldn't put this past the American government.

Acknowledging a growing public protest against its decisions over Internet data caps for consumers, the federal telecommunications regulator has decided to review its rulings before possibly being ordered to do so by the government.

www.itworldcanada.com...

My biggest thing is, if a killswitch is thrown, if the truthers are forced offline, or anything within these lines.. We are all totally on our own. Until this stuff started coming up I didn't realize what a priveledge it is to be able to come to ATS and share ideas, while gaining limitless knowledge and preparedness. It will be a sad day if we are ever left in the dark

edit on 5-2-2011 by Whitbit because: (no reason given)

Edit* Just realized how totally old this was

edit on 5-2-2011 by Whitbit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join