It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I ? Normal or something else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Thanks..I've pretty much done all that including the less stressful job..
The only thing I can't seem to do is meditation and such..
Heck, I don't even sun bake or use my spa bath..
just not the relaxing type..Maybe that's my problem..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I don't believe I'm really here all the time.

I consider it like this: I am confined to this meat puppet we call "flesh".But this flesh is only the cage that holds the real me inside of it. I believe as the time for this age to end gets close, the real me is trying to remember what it's like to be free of it's meat puppet.

It feels like a struggle to escape the fleshy cage. I have to be reminded that that flesh is what I have to use to function in this reality. Sometimes I think I concentrate so hard on being free of it that I almost lose touch with this reality.

The memory of being free of it clouds up the here and now sometimes.

Okay, that sounds really creepy and weird. Whan I write it down it sounds crazy. But it is the way I look at it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack[/url]

Dear backinblack,May I give you a suggestion. Close your eyes(or open) and try to lose all senses of the physical and material feeling and concentrate on looking and going inwards towards a spot in the back of your head behind your earlobes.That is where your real self,your subconsious is. Keep on trying every chance you get and you will eventually understand. It may take some time but you will know when you are doing it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

The memory of being free of it clouds up the here and now sometimes.

I don't have memories of being different but your view is certainly not odd or crazy..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman
reply to post by backinblack[/url]

Dear backinblack,May I give you a suggestion. Close your eyes(or open) and try to lose all senses of the physical and material feeling and concentrate on looking and going inwards towards a spot in the back of your head behind your earlobes.That is where your real self,your subconsious is. Keep on trying every chance you get and you will eventually understand. It may take some time but you will know when you are doing it.

I've tried but I find relaxing difficult..
Patience is not one of my virtues..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It is difficult for everyone, but you must gather your willpower and keep on trying and you will be able to do it.When you reach the stage,it will be worth the effort.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have quite often thought this way myself. I'll start to question if any of this is real or if I"m just imagining. Like some soul that fell asleep and started dreaming a very long time ago and now don't remember. Once I even became convinced this was the truth and starting running around looking for a way out... didn't end to well. (I have since realized that if this is the case, then I'm not gonna find the way out anywhere in the imaginary dream world... not going to find some escape hatch).

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Well I guess I feel better that so many feel similarly..
Maybe it's not so odd..
I'll have to try starmans idea and meditate if I can...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Does anyone feel as I do?
I often have to really concentrate to believe I am really here, in the now..
Even as I type these words I'm uncertain where my real self is.

Who else drives down a road and has to question if they are really there?
My question is, where am I if not in this world..

I have always been considered different by those around me..
Smarter than the rest..Fearless to the point of being taken to a psychologists at an early age because my mother considered me suicidal..The psychologists concluded the fearless part, not me..And he did mention he wished he was the same..

So what am I? I find it hard to believe I am here..
I worry little about pain or death..Only other peoples problems bother me, not mine..

I could say many more things about myself and will do for like minded members in u2u's..

This is perfectly normal and everyone does it. I do this everyday. Everyday I think about whether im really here or not and so forth. Its easy to do when you are alone and Im a very solitary person so its easy for me. Its a hell of a feeling its cool.
edit on 14-3-2011 by shamaniski because: dsfa

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to ask if there is a word for this type of feeling or thought?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join