It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welsh Mountains Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hi everyone! This is my first post on ATS. Here it goes..

Most of you if not all probably haven't heard of this particular story, the incident follows an alleged downed UFO at the Berwyn Mountains in Wales (UK). The incident occurred in Jan of 1974 at nightime, when locals heard a loud rumbling sound as something large had crashed in the mountains, some people had reported seeing a large disc object flying overheard prior to the crash. People in other parts of the UK such as Lancashire had reported seeing a formation of green lights moving in a northwesterly direction in an erratic manner prior to the crash. When the object crashed it actually measured 4.5 on the richter scale as far away as Edinburgh! The impact was also felt at places such as Wrexham, Southport, Chester, Liverpool and Greater Manchester too.

Soon after the impact the police and civilian rescue workers were called in as they believed a civilian passenger jet had crashed in the area, almost immediately the Army arrived with trucks and proceeded to the mountains. Where they cordoned off the area and would not allow anyone to the crash site, not even the police and in due time the trucks were seen leaving the scene carrying off bits of whatever was found on the mountain. I think it was also noted that one of the trucks was carrying something big which was under a large tarpaulin cover. Ever since the incident the British Government has tried to keep a lid on the event, any news papers or individuals who've tried to follow through the story have been hushed by the Government.

Interestingly there was also a local nurse who happened to be the first person on the scene of the crash, she apparently told a reporter at the time that she thought it was a crashed civilan passenger jet (who'd expect an E.T ship from another world!) although much to her surprise she found the bodies not be 'human' when she got closer. Soon after the incident she was never heard from again apparently, and the reporter she described her experience to would not talk about it until just before his death in 1979. This poses an interesting angle on the whole saga of what happened on those mountains.

To this day many people have suggested differing theories as to what crashed on the Welsh mountains, some thought it might have been an experimental RAF plane, others have suggested it to be a very early prototype of the B2 Stealth Bomber and of course most think it was an actual E.T spacecraft not of this world. I guess we'll never know what happened.

I find this story very interesting as it allegedly happened in my own country, most people don't know where Wales is such it a small country but nonetheless this is an important case of possible cover-ups by a government and stands along other British cover-ups such as the infamous Rendlesham case of the 1980's.

For those who wish to know more about the alleged crash and i would advise anyone who has read this thread to check out the following links.

ufocasebook.com... (Shorter Version)

www.flyingsaucery.com... (Longer Version)

Until next time!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
interesting stuff - never heard of this before!

one problem; if people in lancashire saw lights heading north west, that is in the opposite direction to wales - would put the lights over the atlantic or northern ireland at the most, maybe south west scotland. And lancashire is a long way from wales (actually, depend where in wales it happened!).

cheers for the post though - may have to investigate this one further myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
actually, just looked, the berwyn mountains are north wales, so the lancashire sightings could be relevant, although the UFO would have had to do a 'U' turn back to wales for the crash.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cheers for pointing that out, i guess i should have included more detail. But it's all there in the 2 links i've given anyway. It's amazing that this could've happened virtually on our own doorstep.

new topics

top topics

join