It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with knowledge and my perspective on it as well as yours...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
We all learn things throughout our lives and come to know certain things are true. but from a bystanders point of view we only know what has been told or shown from second hand point of view. In other words what you may read may be truth but it still has it's problems. For example you might read an article or book and will agree or dissagree to a certain extent with what the author is stating or trying to get across. This leaves us with many things one of which being history/or knowledge being only from the viewers standpoint which in my opinion leaves a very one sided view. And as its been said history is usually written by the victors. Even so with many threads and articles consisting from anything from breaking news to ufo's/or philoshophy were getting second hand information and or ideas. Well from then on we draw our own point of view and so on but the main point im trying to make is that you should always have your own opinions and ideas on a subject. especiallyif it's yyour very own first hand point of view with the knowledge and events that one may witness in person or as a group. A direct source of information is always more solid in structure when witnessed or learned first hand and is more crucial than what may be passed on. So question number one: the ats community what are you doing to provide for first hand and personal account's to situations at hand and new knowledge? it's always good to have your two cent's but let's get real if you post first hand accounts with the information and proof needed it definitely helps in the long run or short the questions/answers or ideas into better perspectiveand truly get out there. It not only helps the ats community as a whole but provides less scatter and random garbage. With that being said i truly appreciate people uploading their own videos/pictures/ideas and testimonies into first hand information which is the best knowledge when given honestly without tamper.question number two: could you please share your opinions and ideolgies on improving the information and knowledge that we recieve and how we can progress in the ats neighborhood? thanks in advance
-subliminal-

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

well when you gather information you are limited by your own understanding or perception. Such as 2 separate people listening to conversations... One who is a criminal investigator and the other who is a child with down syndrome. Who do you think will gather more information and in turn have a clearer picture of what is true or false?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

very well said infact we could be on either side of your point of view. were given some basic facts and could so close or so far from any truth that we simply just dont have enough. it frustrates me when i see these headline sounding threads with so little information. yet when i go to read further i find out there is so little i gain from it. collabratively when it comes to something new there are so many who leave out or simply just dont look in further or post their first hand encounters. it may sound stupid but its seems as of late that people are getting lazy or just looking for whatever instead of truly getting down to the source of any said info. even though you do find those really dedicated threads with more than a bites worth of info it seems only a few are really workin at it instead of just fishing around. i dunno i guess im tryin too see if anyone has any ideas for improvement too get our braincells firing more than usual.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You do make a valid point. First hand information is critical to positive evolution of a human being. Given this fact, how important are history, religion, politics and other fields when they are all mostly based on filtered and revamped and refiltered and modified, recent or ancient first hand information.

Don't forget that even back in the day, someone who would have a first hand experience and ask a friend or acquaintance to put it down in written format; unless that person keeps it word for word to what the first hand experience was... it already becomes second hand information as that person's POV tarnishes the initial data.

But yes, genuine first hand information is crucial and very hard to come accross... certainly here on the internet where fakes and hoaxes are polluting this wonderful medium of free communication.

Time sensitiveness also plays a role as someone who has first hand information on any subject and is the first or at least one of the first to inform others will be taken seriously, given he/she can provide some sort of reliable proof. Someone with that same information who comes in a few hours after other people informed the community with that same info will be seen as laim and providing 'old' information even though it's the same first hand information.

I apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Very good thread and posts. Knowledge, Wisdom,
Experiences....Lions, tigers and bears oh my! Relative.
The only thing that will ever prove anything to those that
have no faith is repetivity. In other words Science. They
will only ever believe something that they can see, hear
taste, smell and feel. It is not and never will be real and or
true if they can't experience it too.

For science, "It" whatever that may be must be able to
happen over and over again for everyone and not just
for some. That is where our Scientific Laws come from.
How can you show a blind person what colors look like?
How can you make a deaf person understand what
sound "sounds" like? It is like trying to explain what
faith is to a scientist. I am not putting blind or deaf
people down, I am just trying to explain something that
I have no other vocabulary for (So I might come across
as heartless which I am not). Answer these questions
for me and I think we will all make one step closer to
understanding many things.

new topics

top topics

join