It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Or Coke ???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

especially if I make it my self by putting some real vanilla into regular coke.

Do you use real vanilla or extract?
Either way, how much vanilla do you add? I've never made it "from scratch"

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont think he's gunna tell ya mate! lol

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
... and now there's C2 and Pepsi Edge for low carbies. I feel ripped off cuz I've been mixing diet coke and regular coke for a long time and now they're makin bazillions off it.

I'm waiting for Cokezac. All the great taste of coca-cola with the medicinal benefits of prozac.

We used to make fake vanilla coke by mixing coke with cream soda. Now that I'm all grown up, the sweetness is enough to kill me, but as a kid I couldn't get enough. That or coke mixed with Cherry Smash.

I drank a ton of water this weekend and it left me wanting more. It seems it never quenches my thirst. What gives??

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
I'm waiting for Cokezac. All the great taste of coca-cola with the medicinal benefits of prozac.

LMAO - I think that's scheduled to come out during the big Deprive Yourself of Everything and Only Drink This Diet - it'll blow Dr. Atkins right outta the water.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i make my own ph water.

ALKALINE ANTIOXIDANT WATER IMPROVES CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS

Research in Japan since the 1950's and testimonials indicate the following conditions have been improved from drinking alkaline ion water:

Arthritis
Heartburn
Chronic fatigue
Indigestion
Leg cramps
High blood pressure
Poor circulation
Migraines
Nausea
Obesity
Osteoporeosis
Psoriasis
Stress

Dr. Otto Warberg received the Nobel Prize for discovering the cause of cancer - this being lack of oxygen which is low alkaline pH. No disease can exist in an alkaline environment. Japanese medicine has proven this over the last 15 years. The AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain can restore proper alkaline pH within weeks.

ALKALINE ANTIOXIDANT WATER FOR VITAL HEALTH

Water sustains life. Approximately 70 - 80% of our body is water. Water adjusts the body's temperature and assists in digestion. It removes toxins from the body and also makes necessary body fluids. The qualities and the properties of the water we drink can determine the quality of our health. The AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain produces perfectly pH-balanced pure alkaline water for your good health.

ENHANCE YOUR FOOD WITH ALKALINE ANTIOXIDANT WATER

The AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain uses electrolysis to produce clusters within the water it filters. This improves the conductivity of the water the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain produces, reducing time and energy needed to cook foods.

In addition to higher heat conductivity, water made using the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain also distributes heat more evenly throughout the volume of water. This also means that smaller steam bubbles form instead of large ones. Smaller steam bubbles reduce the amount of color, flavor, and nutrients taken from foods when compared to larger bubbles. This improves your food, making it tastier, more aesthetically pleasing, and more nutritious.

Why miss out any longer? You could be experiencing better food and drink with alkaline antioxidant water.

By improving water's heat conductivity, alkaline antioxidant water achieves nominal temperatures faster than normal tap water would. The result: less cooking time and less energy spent heating your water. Up to 30% can be saved on your cooking time and energy needs using Microwater�.

AZ ANTIOXIDANT WATER FOUNTAIN WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH 2 TYPES OF PREPARED WATER:

Alkali-ion Antioxidant Water and Acidic-ion Antioxidant Water.

Alkali-ion Antioxidant Water is great for drinking, cooking pastas, rice, coffee, tea, soups, and vegetables; Acidic-ion is better suited to deep-frying batters, breads, and cakes. Both help reduce the time and energy needed for cooking.

WHY CHOOSE ALKALINE ANTIOXIDANT WATER FOR YOUR COOKING NEEDS?

Not only does it reduce your time and energy preparing foods, it improves them too. Ask yourself something: What is the purpose of the food I eat? Your answer should be, to provide myself with nutrients and enjoy my food while I'm eating it. Why then would you deprive yourself of nutrients, color, and flavor by cooking with normal tap water?

Alkaline Antioxidant Water boils faster

Alkaline Antioxidant Water extracts a greater amount of tea from tea leaves when brewing.

Vegetables cooked in Alkaline Antioxidant Water retain their shape and rice is fluffier.

Acid foods are made more alkaline.

In Japan, Alkaline Antioxidant Water is known as a "hangover cure".

USES FOR ACID WATER AND ALKALINE WATER

USES FOR ACID WATER:

Acne
Athletes Foot
Blisters
Dandruff
Dry Skin
Eczema
Hemorrhoids
Insect Bites
Minor Wounds
Rashes
Mouth Sores
Throat Discomfort
Hair Conditioner
Sterilize Dishes
Wash Vegetables and Fruits
Wash Plants
Clean Pet's Fur
USES FOR ALKALINE WATER:

Flushes toxins

Disarms Free Radicals

Restores alkalinity in your body

Increases stable oxygen in your body

Enhances delivery of nutrients

Cooking with Alkaline water improves the nutritional value and the taste of food and drinks such as, tea and coffee

Makes acidic foods and drink more alkaline.

In Japan, Alkaline Antioxidant Water is known as a "hangover cure". Alkaline ice cubes in a glass of alcohol neutralize acidity and may help to prevent a hangover.

SPRING WATER - BOTTLED WATER - DISTILLED WATER - A COMPARISON

When water tumbles down a mountainside, this natural agitation fills the water with oxygen, charging it with electrons. But with normal filtering, even fresh mountain spring water has lost this natural vitality by the time it reaches your tap.

Bottled water, which has been sitting on a store shelf, has even less vitality and often lacks the rich mineral content present in tap water. Also if bottled water sits at room temperature for more than 8 hours it can be carcinogenic due to the leaching of the plastic.

Distilled and osmotic water have been purified to the point that they are lifeless. Lacking minerals, electrons and oxygen, this equals dead water. Freshly distilled water rapidly absorbs carbon dioxide from the air and reaches an acidic pH of 5.5 in a very short time. Acidic water is not a healthy choice for drinking water.

AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain is the product of an innovative technology that filters and reforms ordinary tap water through electrolysis. Alkaline Antioxidant Water is super hydrating and energizing, with an alkaline pH of 8-11, Alkaline Antioxidant Water will raise the alkalinity of your body fluids to a healthier level.

We are now in the midst of a water boom. In United States, Canada, and other countries, consumers are buying various kinds of bottled and canned water even though water is one of our most abundant vital resources. Research data reveals that mineral waters have an ORP of +200 mV, slightly lower than the +400 mV measured for ordinary tap water. We can say that at least mineral water is marginally better than tap water from the viewpoint of ORP. Compared to any processed water for sale, however, Alkaline Antioxidant Water, with its reduction potential of -250 to -350 mV, is beyond comparison due to its ability to scavenge active oxygen radicals.

HOW THE AZ ANTIOXIDANT WATER FOUNTAIN WORKS

When mountain spring water beats against rocks its clusters of molecules break into smaller clusters, making it easily absorbed by the cells in your body when you drink it. Ordinary tap water has 11 to 13 molecules per cluster. Alkaline Antioxidant Water molecule clusters, similar in structure to mountain spring water, are half that size, with 6 or 7 molecules per cluster. This makes Alkaline Antioxidant Water a "wetter" water.

Due to its smaller clusters, Alkaline Antioxidant Water is super-hydrating and readily absorbed by your body. When the body has more water to work with, it is able to better deliver nutrients to all the cells, tissues, and organs with increased elimination of acidic waste from your body.

Alkaline Antioxidant Water is also charged with electrons, making it a neutral anti-oxidant. Alkaline Antioxidant Water readily donates its abundant electrons to render excessive free radicals harmless so that they don't "steal" electrons from healthy living cells.

EASY TO CONNECT AND USE

Simply plug in the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain and attach it directly to a faucet.

Tap water is filtered for bacteria, chlorine, fluoride, other chemicals, sediment, and bad tastes and odours through a silver-impregnated carbon filter.

The filtered water is then processed in an electrolysis chamber. Here the alkaline minerals that have a positive charge are pulled to the cathode (a negatively charged electrode) to produce an alkaline water that flows out of the faucet attached to the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain. Correspondingly, acidic water is created at the annoid (a positively charged electrode). The acid water flows out through a secondary hose.

Tap water: What it is and isn't:

Normal tap water, with a pH of 6.5-7 is approximately neutral on the pH scale of 0 to 14. When measured with an ORP (oxidation potential) meter its redox potential is approximately +400 to +500 mV. Because it has a positive redox potential, it is apt to acquire electrons and oxidize other molecules. Reduced Alkaline Antioxidant Water, on the other hand, has a negative redox potential of approximately -250 to -350 mV. This means it has a large mass of electrons ready to donate to electron-thieving active oxygen.

How the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain works:

The AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain, slightly taller and thicker than a large dictionary on end, is an electrical appliance connected to your kitchen water supply to perform electrolysis on tap water before you drink it or use it in the kitchen for cooking or cleaning. This unit is very estetically pleasing.

A special attachment re-directs tap water out of the faucet through a plastic hose into the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain, where it is first filtered through silver-pregnated activated charcoal.

Next, the filtered water passes into an electrolysis chamber equipped with a platinum-coated titanium electrode where electrolysis takes place. Cations (positive ions) gather at the negative electrodes to create cathodic water (reduced water). Anions (negatively charged ions) gather at the positive electrode to make anodic water (oxidized water).

Through electrolysis, reduced water not only gains an excess amount of electrons (e-), but the clusters of H2O are reduced in size from about 11 to 13 molecules per cluster to 5 to 7 molecules per cluster. The reduced water comes out of the faucet on the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain, and the oxidized water comes out of a separate hose leading into the sink. You can use the reduced water for drinking or cooking. This helps acidic food become more alkaline.

The oxidation potential of the oxidized water makes it a good sterilizing agent, ideal for washing hands, cleaning food or kitchen utensils, and treating minor wounds.

The AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain produces two kinds of water with different redox potentials:
one with a high reduction potential (ALKALINE)
and the other with a high oxidation potential (ACIDIC).
REDUCED ALKALINE WATER

Reduced (ALKALINE) Water, when taken internally, readily donates its electrons to oddball oxygen radicals and blocks the interaction of the active oxygen with normal molecules. Undamaged biological molecules are less susceptible to infection and disease. The Alkaline Antioxidant Water gives up an extra electron and reduces the active oxygen, thus rendering it harmless. The active oxygen is reduced without damaging surrounding biological molecules.

Substances which have the ability to counteract active oxygen by supplying electrons are called scavengers. Reduced water, therefore, can be called scavenging water. When taken internally, the effects of reduced alkaline water are immediate.

Alkaline Antioxidant Water inhibits excessive fermentation in the digestive tract by reducing indirectly metabolites such as hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, histamines, indoles, phenols and scatoles, resulting in a cleaner stool within days after reduced water is taken on a regular basis.

In 1965 the Ministry of Welfare of Japan
announced that reduced water obtained from electrolysis
can prevent abnormal fermentation of intestinal microbes.

OXIDIZED ACIDIC WATER

Oxidized acid water has an oxidizing agent that can withdraw electrons from bacteria and kill them. The oxidized water from the AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain can be used to clean hands, kitchen utensils, fresh vegetables and fruits, and to sterilize cutting boards and minor wounds.

Tests have shown that oxidized acidic water can be used effectively to treat athlete's foot, minor burns, insect bites, scratches, and so on. Although hyperoxidized water is a powerful sterilizing agent, it won't harm the skin. In fact, it can be used to heal. Hyperoxidized water has proven effective in Japanese hospitals in the treatment of bedsores and operative wounds with complicated infections.

But perhaps the most exciting future application of hyperoxidized acidic water is in the field of agriculture where it has been used effectively on plants to kill fungi and other plant diseases. Hyperoxidized water is non-toxic, so agricultural workers can apply it without wearing special protective equipment because there is no danger of skin or respiratory damage. An added benefit of using hyperoxidized acidic water to spray plants is that there is no danger to the environment caused by the accumulation of toxic chemicals in the ground.

WHAT IS pH AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO BALANCE IT?

On the pH scale, which ranges from 0 on the acidic end to 14 on the alkaline end, a solution is neutral if its pH is 7. At pH 7, water contains equal concentrations of H+ and OH- ions. Substances with a pH less than 7 are acidic because they contain a higher concentration of H+ ions. Substances with a pH higher than 7 are alkaline because they contain a higher concentration of OH- than H+. The pH scale is a log scale so a change of one pH unit means a tenfold change in the concentration of hydrogen ions.

Living things are extremely sensitive to pH and function best (with certain exceptions, such as certain portions of the digestive tract) when solutions are nearly neutral. Most interior living matter (excluding the cell nucleus) has a pH of about 6.8. Blood plasma and other fluids that surround the cells in the body have a pH of 7.2 to 7.3. Numerous special mechanisms aid in stabilizing these fluids so that cells will not be subject to appreciable fluctuations in pH.

Substances which serve as mechanisms to stabilize pH are called buffers. Buffers have the capacity to bond ions and remove them from solution whenever their concentration begins to rise. Conversely, buffers can release ions whenever their concentration begins to fall. Buffers thus help to minimize the fluctuations in pH. This is an important function because many biochemical reactions normally occurring in living organisms either release or use up ions. Calcium is the body's main acid buffer. This is why there is a calcium crisis in health.

Low pH = High Acidosis = Lower Oxygen = More Calcium Loss (to buffer the acidosis)

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Actually, Skin has a pH of around 5.5 I believe..
Our stomach acids have pH 1 or 1.5 or 2, so ... it is an important thing in our body..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
so if this one, semi-delicious soda that is know inteernationally can dissolve a nail, a complete and thick nail, in about 4 days, then what can it do to your stomach and your insides? whats stronger, your stomach acid, or a nail...?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've been drinking coke for over a decade regularly about 60oz a day and only thing I got is thining of the intestinal walls (diverticulitus) but thats a family trait so can't really link it to the coke for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

I wouldd rather like a glass of water because it seems less harmless to my beautiful smile!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Nice post! I've seen this information on coke before.

Becareful with the information on water though. Drink when you're thirsty. There is no evidence, whatsoever, indicating humans need 8 glasses of water a day. And no, you're not already dehydrated if you're thirsty. In fact, most kidney doctors will agree that one can achieve proper hydration through one's diet.

-Dev

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join