It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm starting to not like partisan political debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lately I have participated a lot less in politics here on ATS and it was just really slow change. I think I am beginning to just grow tired of political argument. Politics does bad things to good people and I am not talking about the corruption part.

It takes ordinary people and pins them against each other to argue. Yet nothing they are arguing about has ever been or probably ever will be solved. I mean it’s just starting to feel like a dog and pony show. It’s just one person pointing their finger at another and saying “You’re wrong” and receiving the response “No, You’re wrong!”

I have already rejected the whole punditry of the MSM and the blatant lies by those who seek to profit from our division. We have a very polarized political scene right now and I do have my theory on why it is polarized but all that would create by me mentioning it is the exact reason why I am creating this thread.

Take for example my recent thread regarding China and I was angry that someone apologized to China on behalf of Americans. So I responded with a counter-thread but how productive was that? How did that solve anything? You make mistakes and you learn from them and I think politics is a HUGE mistake to get tangled up in. It’s like the freaking Mafia.

The whole political mudslinging and back-and-forth of the whole thing is just not for me anymore. I use to love the whole debate and trying to prove someone wrong but it hasn’t done one lick to change anything, it’s a waste of time really.

Give your opinion peacefully and respectfully, that is how any possible debate should be done. No more attacks and no more retaliation, it’s just childish really. Yes I know I was great at being a polarizing figure but I am changing that. I would like to make it clear that I will not stay away from politics but rather not pursue the whole ‘in your face’ attitude involved with partisan politics. I may say things people don’t agree with and they will want to fight but I will try and keep it as educational and non-confrontational as possible.

Well seeing as how I want to shift my focus away from politics I will need somewhere else to go. Any recommendations?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is tough to be an independant thinker stuck in between the two fighting factions that exists in most politics lol. Trying to get each side to see the flaws in their side, and the good ideas of the other side, to stop being divided and manipulated. This is however the only site I know of where good discussions can sometimes go on without being totally derailed in no time flat by people who seem like total trolls. Political discussions always seem to bring out the stubborn in people, even here lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes , I do . The Battle Between the Forces of the One True God Against the Lies and Deceptions of those who Worship Satan is a Topic that I think might Interest you . Here is a Place to Start..............

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I see your point about this US vs. China/World-thread... its not politics itself but ignorance that makes the ongoing discussion so anoying.
One has to stay open minded and "non-partisan" (?) to learn and to improve... but it seems some people don't want to learn at all and thats a shame.

Deny ignorance!

It gets more and more important that people look behind the curtain / think outside the box...

Our real enemies today have NO party, NO nationality, NO race and NO religion.

We don't stand a chance if we do.
edit on 20-11-2010 by WfknSmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hey Mis!

I don't know where to point you regarding new forums to haunt. I'm also searching for a new sandbox to play in and for some of the same reasons you've stated here. The vitriol and division is more than a bit much lately and there is absolutely nothing productive coming from any of it.

Basically I just commented, here, to say "amen" my friend, amen.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

When people throw the pros and cons around eventually people will settle on the solution with the most pros and the least cons...at least that is how it is supposed to work.
The only way that will work is if every pertinent fact is on the table for review by both sides.
Democracy is a lot of work. Sometimes it is like climbing a hill that is crumbing underneath you as you inch along. Instead of getting any closer to the top we exhaust ourselves to stay in the same place. Lately it seems we are going backward - losing a lot of ground we already covered.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, I am still heavily involved in politics.

I believe that the Democrats and the Republicans are both in power to advance themselves and their corporate owners.

That is why I support people like Ron Paul, who is a Republican, only for the access granted to him because of it.

And I'm talking about debate access, and news station access.

Actually Ron Paul, is just a main stream American, who believes in freedom, individual liberty, small government, and low taxes.

I say these things, so you will understand where I am coming from, and be able to put the following comment I will make in perspective.

If you are tired of politics, and must, for a time, withdraw into yourself. then you can do no other than to prepare for hardship, protect your family, and promote the values that you hold dear. Worry not about the world, but worry and work, to protect yourself and your kin.

Then after your "batteries are recharged", you may decide to fight once again, for whatever you believe in.

And in the meantime, don't forget to take time out "to smell the roses".

There are many worthwhile, and positive aspects of life, that we fail to recognize during our lives.

Stay positive, and never lose hope.

top topics

join