It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want a jetpack? It can be yours for $100,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey guys,
So i came across this article and thought i'd share with you all. If this has already been posted, Mods feel free to remove it.

A personal aircraft that requires minimal training and no pilot's license is about ready for production. "We're trying to make the world's easiest-to-fly aircraft," Richard Lauder, chief executive of New Zealand-based Martin Aircraft Company tells Discovery News. "Our goal is to create a Segway for the sky, where the principles of flying would be very simple."

This looks awesome and I'd def buy one if i had an extra $100,000 laying around.
What do you guys think?
The article doesnt mention how long you can be airborne, but i guess that also depends on your weight and how fast you are going.
Here's the full article: www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

There are some videos of it flying here It look like a fun toy, I can't see it being used as transport though which is a shame.

I can't work out how you are supposed to steer it either

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. It looks like a lot of fun to fly. Its much bigger than i thought it'd be.

There's the vid. Thought I'd imbed it

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well its getting close to the holidays....
For some reason this reminds me of a modern day Davinci "Annunciation".
Those turbine engines use STP?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is great to put on my Christmas list!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yup, I definitely want one of those
I'll start saving my pennies... I'd be very surprised if any urban areas actually let you use it within their city limits. It would be pretty darned sweet out in the country, though! :p
edit on 20-11-2010 by DragonsDemesne because: i decided posting a 'do want' picture with no text was probably not good enough :p

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Its not a real practical toy, unless you lived on a farm or something.

Me does not like, but i am sure alot of you will jump at the chance for it. There must be loads of wild techs behind the scenes.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
100,000? Let me check the sofa cushions and see what i can find.

Seriously though, very cool.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

Yup, I definitely want one of those
I'll start saving my pennies... I'd be very surprised if any urban areas actually let you use it within their city limits. It would be pretty darned sweet out in the country, though! :p
edit on 20-11-2010 by DragonsDemesne because: i decided posting a 'do want' picture with no text was probably not good enough :p

lol Right? I can just imagine mine breaking on me like my blackberry (all the time ugh) and falling out of the sky and plummeting to my death. Or squashing somebody thats walking on the street below me. I think if people were flying jetpacks all over the city id be terrified to walk outside should somebody have forgotten to go to the gas station and fuel up their back packs

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That looks so cool.

I know I would defiantly buy one of those over an expensive car if I had the money.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You could so clean parking lots with that.

It looks like ducted fan tech, not peroxide jetpack.

=< one meter AGL, DAD APPROVED.

Way cool.

new topics

top topics

join