It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I think we are in total agreement!
Well...except this...

I would not wish to live in a society that is autonomous.

au·ton·o·mous
 self-governing; independent; subject to its own laws only.

If you do not desire a self governing, independent society, what "type" society would you like to live in?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Super Funny Japanese Parody of TSA Airport Security Hilarious!!!

Must see.

Check it out:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

So funny! Thanks for posting that video.

This search of passengers ostensibly to narrow down possibility of terrorists boarding an airplane is being misused to harass people who balk at airport security.

It is not targeting likely terrorists. No way.

It is targeting random people the TSA has decided they would like to harass, slow down, feel up and mishandle.

There should be criminal profiliers, and professional experienced law officers making this determination based on reasonable cause or suspicion.

And since it is randomly employed - it doesn't make us safer.
Anything currently allowed on... laptop, headphones, pack of gum or 2 oz bottle of hand lotion might be rigged to explode.
We really should all board naked, without packages of any kind and undergo the cavity search if we want more than the appearance and false presumption of safety in return for removal of our Constitutional rights.
I read recently 71% of travelers are in favor of this screening routine. 71% of travelers are nincompoops who have no respect or regard for the US Constitution.
Even the .001 percent of "terrorist who travel" love it - it's not foolproof, it's not scientific.

Is this token gesture and haphazard search, that isn't even any guarantee we will not be blown up, is it worth trashing every American citizens Constitutional rights?

Able terrorist's still have well over a 50/50 chance of boarding any plane with a bomb that was missed in their checked bag.

This is like knowing one of these dogs are rabid but they are all going inside to play with your baby so you shoot (or test) every third dog.

What are your chances of taking out the "rabid dogs" with that method of screening/testing?

Probably not even 50/50

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I agree with you.

It is why John F. Kennedy was killed.

It is why Robert Kennedy was killed.

It is why Martin Luther King Jr was killed.

Voices of sanity and reason indeed.

I think we can add John Jr.

Yeah I went there.

Libertarians can't sail without a Kennedy at the helm.

People who are inherently good, also tend to be inherently peaceful.
(There's a sucker born every day)

Easy pickins if you are on the opposite side.
(And 2 to take him)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not at all shocked by the actions taken by the TSA. I mean really, why are people trying to act surprised? Ever since 9/11 and with the passing of PATRIOT act under our noses security has been invasive for quiet sometime. It didn't just happen in 2010, it has been happening for quiet sometime. I mean I even became accustomed to getting patted down every time I went overseas. Singapore for example when I travelled there two years ago were using security systems that I highly suspected were invasive, but it became the norm for all of us following the 9/11 attacks. We should have made a stand in 2001 and sent a message then that the government cannot push the boundary of security like this, but we didn't. We sat around, let it in the hands of our governments, told everybody to shut up and support the troops, and we went onto our dandy lives. So how can anybody be outraged? Really?

These bodyscans will be misused in my opinion. I understand that there may be some argument over the need for security but there is only so much you can do. In the same nature of the patriot act, crossing the boundaries will not solve a security issue. The TSA needs to do what is right even if it feels it may be pressured. In the same manner people cannot act surprised. This has been happening for quiet some time and in my lopinion there are many talking heads and politicians using this measure from the TSA for a political agenda (hence the silence during the passing of the PATRIOT act).

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I love the term "Security Theater"! It is so appropriate to what has been happening in America since the time of Waco I believe.

In short, I agree that the entire War on Terror is theater, designed to make Americans willing subjects to whatever bizarre requirements the government can dream up to protect us from their manufactured nightmare.

Of course most steps are done incrementally so as not to arouse suspicion.

The ultimate goal is THE CHIP, as told to film maker Aaron Rousseau by one of the Rockefeller family.

With the implementation biometric ID absolute control of the populace is attainable.

Another method not discussed in the OP is the component of Dysfunctionality which we see everyday in the news when a government program or policy fails creating a false need for reorganization or replacement. This is the subtle form of Problem-Reaction-Solution that they sell us to further institute change. We are seeing this not only in the GWOT but in international finance and world economics as well. Get ready because they plan to implode the financial system and offer a "seamless, foolproof, new electronic currency system" that will prevent fraud and restore the world economic system.

Remember it was the failures of the US security apparatus that created the supposed "need" for the creation of the Department of Homeland Security in the first place which placed numerous Federal agencies (including FEMA who are incidentally in charge of Continuity of Government) under the auspices of a single entity.

The United States has been under Continuity of Government protocols and control since 9/11. Our elected Congress is powerless and simply remains to provide the illusion that we have Constitutional government (bit players for our security theater).

For those who doubt me please read this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great thread SKL, I love your book suggestions and will read several of them in the near future.

SKL, if the SHTF you'd be welcome in my bunker too (No BYOG/BYOA - I got plenty for both of us)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Guess that depends upon what you call "what if's".

As well if you have not read the books I have you're not going to see it.

I could easily put the page number of each book and underline it for you.

But I do not desecrate books like that and I did my research.

While certainly the current make-up of T.S.A. procedures makes sure nothing gets on the planes, it makes sure as well, people have no rights, and violates our 4th Amendment Rights, covering our right to not be illegally searched without a warrant.

And through this violation of how T.S.A. does its business it is Government and corporate cooperation.

Anyone who knows how corporations work knows the template is similar indeed to Fascism.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
we are quite similar in those regards.

Good to know.

How would they/we prevent it?

By actually learning the laws.

Instead of waiting for lawyers.

Of course not waiting for thinking to become a crime.

Ignore the bread and circuses and become responsible citizens.

I think many people would be willing to try if they knew what to do.

Not true.

Many people know how to do it and are too lazy.

Citizens want other people to do things for them.

And this is how politicians get to where they get.

By riding upon the backs of others and their wishes.

I might just do that...

It would be a good idea.

Seems those aren't the kinds of laws we'd be trying to pass...

Depends upon what you think the laws are that need changing.

Some laws need to be taken off the books entirely.

Other laws are arcane, asinine, and too antiquated.

While even more are just for show.

And others still do not get enforced, properly, or at all.

well that's one motivation behind why people do that sure.

What do you think the other motivations are?

The problem is that those are beliefs and Ideals NOT answers. an answer would describe 'how' we would do such a thing. Which is why we're all stuck in the same boat patting each other on the back and not getting anywhere.

Again, not true, people would rather talk, then take appropriate action.

Appropriate action is not guns, C-4, and a noose either.

It is to actually get organized and do something, anything, other than just talk.

I've said it in many threads, open a non-profit, form a policy think-tank and influence politics.

So we know what it takes but how do you get that through to people? its one thing to say that kind of thing here on ATS is another to try and talk sense into people you might work with who would rather another world war fix the global economy because it works. A lot of people don't care about people more than they care about themselves. Look I'm not saying its all on you that would be ridiculous, but there aren't any answers here. and if their are I missed them. I think we need more questions and answers - focus the think-tank, so to speak.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

It's funny you mention focusing the "think-tank" really.

I talk sense to people no matter the venue, whether ATS, or at work.

Unfortunately, no one with a backbone will stand up, they all have apathy.

Or see it as too hard.

Also they see it as someone else's responsibility, problem, or right.

Because they have forgotten what it means to practice responsible citizenship.

I know it is not all on me.

I stopped trying to "save the world" a long, long time ago, hung up those red and blue tights too.

Unfortunately, people are just too damned selfish, self-centered, and self-involved.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

The reason this is not used?

Quite simple in fact.

1) The cost is prohibitive.

2) This device does not stop home made chemicals that are not mixed in advance.

3) The desire to create the psychological and security blackmail for the R.F.I.D. chip.

Look at the most recent Chase Freedom commercial with the metal detectors.

I cannot find a video of it on YouTube.

But it shows a husband going through metal detectors and getting change in his pockets.

Each time his wife makes a purchase with their daughter.

Subliminal messaging that the metal detectors and credit cards are linked.

Enter the cashless society.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Nice job SKL.

I'm not sure if it has been discussed but another reaction to the airport scans/molestations is not to travel. I think there is a good percentage of people who will not subject themselves to this, thus anchoring themselves. You can identify segments of the population in this way.

There are almost infinate scenarios stemming from these controls. One could imagine in the very near future that firms will be hiring only people that have chip implants as they will be the only ones allowed to fly. And so your job and travel opportunities will be predicated on your acceptance of no privacy. The possibilities, and I don't see any positives, are seemingly endless.

Thank you.

Avoidance of the scanners and T.S.A. molestation is indeed on the rise.

And the next step will be the N.T.S.B. and OnStar being forced onto the populace.

Quote from : Wikipedia : National Transportation Safety Board

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is an independent U.S. government investigative agency responsible for civil transportation accident investigation.

In this role, the NTSB investigates and reports on aviation accidents and incidents, certain types of highway crashes, ship and marine accidents, pipeline incidents and railroad accidents.

When requested, the NTSB will assist the military with accident investigation.

The NTSB is also in charge of investigating cases of hazardous waste releases that occur during transportation. Deborah Hersman was appointed as NTSB Chairman in July 2009.

Mark Rosenker was appointed as Vice Chairman in 2003, and served as Acting Chairman from March 2005 to January 2009. The agency is based in Washington, D.C.

Currently, they are involved, after the fact, post-accident but knowing how Government works this will change.

Quote from : Wikipedia : OnStar

OnStar Corporation is a subsidiary of General Motors that provides subscription-based communications, in-vehicle security, hands free calling, turn-by-turn navigation, and remote diagnostics systems throughout the United States, Canada and China.

OnStar services are only available currently on vehicles manufactured by General Motors and Saab Automobile.

The service is available for all vehicles that have the factory-installed OnStar hardware.

A similar service is known as ChevyStar in Latin American markets.

The service currently has more than five million subscribers.

Most people state pulling out the system will bypass being tracked or even not purchasing the service.

This is untrue on several levels.

A few reasons as to why :

1) The OnStar device is not just in the engine compartment it is in the fuel-tank as well as a back-up.

2) Regardless if you purchase the service they still track your location "for your safety".

3) The OnStar service does not only unlock your car doors they can lock them too.

Keeping you outside or inside of your vehicle.

Did we not just bail out GM recently?

Think that was a mere coincidence?

Eventually, all cars, will be mandated to have this feature through legislation.

Any car not in compliance will be seized, impounded, and destroyed.

If you do not purchase the "service package".

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

You do know the Nazi's had contigency plans even if they failed?

1) Ex-filtrate Berlin.

2) Infiltrate Hollywood.

3) Infiltrate every level of American Government.

Those are only a few of their contigency plans in the event of the 3rd Reich falling.

Anyone joking about the Nazi's is an ignorant fool.

Few know that the Nazi's actually succeeded in touching American soil during WWII.

Let alone after the fact.

And I am not referring to Operation Paperclip either.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
This thread made me sick to my stomach.
A las there is hope because good will prevail. No matter what or how things happen the NWO and their plan will NOT succeed. There are too many good people in this word that will not succumb and submit. There will be a time were the edge of the sword is nearing our throats and it is coming ever so quickly and it is time to put up or shut up...I will be giving information on these circumstances too every person I know and begin an information chain. Just remember these people ARE NOT PERFECT, they thought the internet would be a tool for them, nope, we use it for us, against them.

My apologies for your sour stomach.

Good and evil is dependent upon perception unfortunately.

The people within Government see what they are doing as "good" not "evil".

Far too many people are willingly submitting and merely bleating like sheeple.

Too ignorant to know what to do, too scared to try, and too compliant to know better.

No, they are not perfect, they have made many mistakes.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

This was the plan all along to make Security Theater an intimidation point.

And the usage of the R.F.I.D. chip will be seen as a "God-send" by ignorant fools.

Meanwhile, if you step out of line, with this chip you are seen as a threat.

And we all know threats need to be eliminated.

A sheep bleating at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

Unfortunately, the above video is the call of the people, tagged and stuck behind a fence.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Understood.

It will only be dismantled once enough people have had enough.

I've heard many stories, whether true or not is unknown, of security turning off the devices.

I heard a story of one many being kicked off of his flight for going to the restroom too many times.

Guess if you've got diarrhea or a weak bladder you're a terrorist now.

My thoughts on engaging this are simple.

1) Demand of your Congress and Senate representative the repeal of all of T.S.A.'s authority.

2) Demand of your Congress and Senate representative the actual investigation of all 9/11 facts.

3) Demand of your Congress and Senate representative to step down if they do not comply.

Using your most polite voice, using your Constitutional Rights, using less stupid rhetoric and common sense.

It was suggested I go work for the T.S.A., years ago, and I said Hell no.

Because I see senseless, useless, and stupid bureaucracy as just that.

Senseless, useless, and stupid.

Besides that I do not trust the person suggesting it to me.

I desire to work for myself and no one else.

And I will not give up until I have succeeded in that endeavor.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I think we are in total agreement!
Well...except this...

I would not wish to live in a society that is autonomous.

au·ton·o·mous
 self-governing; independent; subject to its own laws only.

If you do not desire a self governing, independent society, what "type" society would you like to live in?

First off, that is completely impossible, far too many people are lazy and useless.

Secondly, Secret Societies, would never allow that to happen, ever, unless they were eliminated.

Thirdly, Utopia is nothing I seek out, it is an impossible dream, just that a dream.

I've grown accustomed to defending myself, protecting myself, and doing the right thing, alone.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
SKL,

Nice work, and in your very signature style; complete, concise, and razor sharp!

The plan that is in motion full speed ahead. Do we stand a chance at resistance?

We have seen what happens to the whistle blowers.
Some of them have ended up dead. Of course, they commited suicide.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Recently a voice of reason was heard, but seems no one is paying attention...
Orr is respected in aviation as the longtime director of Charlotte/Douglas, the country's 11th busiest airport in terms of 2009 passenger totals. Listen to what he has to say about TSA

In the end, ultimate responsibility for security may fall on airline passengers

True security is me knowing what I'm doing and you not knowing," he said.

"If a pilot is willing to go down with an airplane, how can you stop him?"

Aviation Director Jerry Orr said the federal government should focus on "looking for potential perpetrators" rather than inspecting everybody, sometimes intrusively. People must realize that "No matter you much you spend, you cannot 100% guarantee security," so it is worth considering that at some level security may be too intrusive, or too slow, or too expensive to provide, he said.

On the cost side, Orr noted, the number of workers employed by the TSA in Charlotte has tripled from around 150 at the time of the September 11 terrorist attacks, yet security is no better

www.minyanville.com...

Yeah, so things are no safer now than they were before 9/11. The idea that there is safety is only an illusion.

Like the antiquated terror alert system thats soon to be retired.

What I do find telling is this little paragraph tucked into this article. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The proposed changes come at a time when holiday travelers are facing stringent new screening procedures at airports across the country, including full-body scans and pat-downs that have prompted protests from some travelers.

Just another tactic desigined for means of control.

More propaganda.

And remember...

The colors were doomed to fail because "they don't tell people what they can do -- they just make people afraid," security expert Bruce Schneier told The New York Times. He said the system was "a relic of our panic after 9/11" that "never served any security purpose."

The U.S. only hit the red level once, on Aug. 10, 2006, after British police disrupted a plot to use liquid explosives on airliners.

"They just make people afriad"

"The U.S. only hit the red level once"

www.latimes.com

So whats this all about then?

S&F

edit on 27-11-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Source of picture: www.sott.net...

If ever there was an indicator of just how apathetic and well trained the American public truly is, it must be this situation with TSA. Like a herd of bedraggled sheep, thousands of you forfeited your 4th and 5th amendment rights and allowed the government to irradiate you and view your virtually naked body, or allowed yourself to be subjected to an enhanced pat-down...nothing short of a sexual encounter. And for what? This is a training and conditioning exercise you fools! This has nothing to do with making us safer, national security or protecting America. It has nothing to do with making your flight safer. It has everything to do with conditioning you to accept a full body assault as long as the persons doing it are wearing a government badge. You are being trained to submit and comply.

Did any of the claimed terrorists come from America? No.

Are any potential terrorists afraid of TSA and Homeland Security or any of the rights-robbing laws passed by the jackass's in the District of Criminals? No.

Did any of those laws apply to terrorists? NO! They applied to US citizens.

We have a border that is wide open and anyone and everyone from far away places such as Uganda, China, North Korea, and even Afghanistan have crossed that border at will, without any trouble, and millions of people from Mexico, El Salvador, Ecuador, and various and sundry other South American country's have also entered and Homeland Security has absolutely no plans to secure that border or to deport any of those individuals caught here illegally. With this in mind......how concerned do you think Homeland Security is about terrorism or terrorists?

Source and rest of article: www.sott.net...

American's are about as free as a lightening bug in a jar.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I think we can add John Jr.

Yeah I went there.

Libertarians can't sail without a Kennedy at the helm.

Of course we can, the exact moment I heard about John F. Kennedy Jr's death I knew.

I knew without a doubt that his airplane had been tampered with.

As far as I am concerned the N.T.S.B. lied about "pilot error" as per script.

I do not give a damn about the Libertarian's though.

I could care less about any of the political parties.

I only care about the people who get assassinated, the motive, means, and opportunity.

The organizations like N.T.S.B., F.A.A., and G.S.A. are easily covering events.

Meaning those organizations can "find" anything they want to since rarely anyone ever questions their motives, seeing as they are branches that are rarely seen, heard from, or threatened directly in the public about budgetary restraints, cut-backs, or over-expenditures when it comes to tax-payers dollars disappearing.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I'm not at all shocked by the actions taken by the TSA. I mean really, why are people trying to act surprised? Ever since 9/11 and with the passing of PATRIOT act under our noses security has been invasive for quiet sometime. It didn't just happen in 2010, it has been happening for quiet sometime. I mean I even became accustomed to getting patted down every time I went overseas. Singapore for example when I travelled there two years ago were using security systems that I highly suspected were invasive, but it became the norm for all of us following the 9/11 attacks. We should have made a stand in 2001 and sent a message then that the government cannot push the boundary of security like this, but we didn't. We sat around, let it in the hands of our governments, told everybody to shut up and support the troops, and we went onto our dandy lives. So how can anybody be outraged? Really?

I've never been surprised by the actions of T.S.A. but then again I was paying attention.

Before 9/11.

Before most of the events that lead to 9/11 I was watching politics.

Shaking my head sadly as the idiots in Washington D.C.

That their sad little game was so obvious, meanwhile American citizens were oblivious.

I cannot speak for you, but I've not been quiet, before, during, or after 9/11.

Support the troops, sure, they are taking orders, but those giving the orders?

They do not operate with my permission nor are they sanctioned to take action.

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
These bodyscans will be misused in my opinion. I understand that there may be some argument over the need for security but there is only so much you can do. In the same nature of the patriot act, crossing the boundaries will not solve a security issue. The TSA needs to do what is right even if it feels it may be pressured. In the same manner people cannot act surprised. This has been happening for quiet some time and in my lopinion there are many talking heads and politicians using this measure from the TSA for a political agenda (hence the silence during the passing of the PATRIOT act).

Every piece of technology is misused.

Every piece of technology has dual-purpose usages.

Every piece of technology is worthless after 3, 6, or 9 months.

Once it has been determined obsolete something else new is introduced.

I disagree with you about only so much being able to be done for security.

If people did their damn job right the first time these events would never happen.

I do agree however that the T.S.A. needs to back down from intrusive measures.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

"Security Theater" is only the mildest of forms of how this works.

Do you know where else this concept is used and many do not see it?

In warfare, the concept of "theater" is not lost, however it means so much more.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Theaters (Warfare)

In warfare, a theater, or theatre or seat of war is defined as a specific geographical area of conduct of armed conflict, bordered by areas where no combat is taking place.

A theatre is defined by the need for separate planning to be occurring at the highest command echelon of the participating armed forces, including where separate services are concerned.

The delineation occurs along regional boundaries or maritime areas that require distinctly separate approach to planning from other regions bordering it.

A single conflict may be waged in multiple theaters, and a single nation or an alliance may be participating in multiple theaters.

Alternatively a nation may be participating in multiple but unrelated conflicts waged in separate theatres of war.

The most recent multi-theatre conflict was the Second World War.

This war was waged in two continental war zones, the European Theater and the Pacific Theater, and multiple inter- and intra-connected theaters, often dominated by naval, and sometimes air forces.

I am merely waiting for Government, Law Enforcement, and Military restrictions to grow tighter.

Sooner or later, the "War on Terror", is going to take a new turn thanks to ignorance.

The ignorance comes from those people in charge of our nation as well as the body of the U.N.

This will happen through the United Nations Security Council.

It will be in form an Insurrection War throughout the world.

Far too few realize that 9/11 and the "War on Terror" were the ramp-up to WWIII.

We are already and have been dug into the 3rd World War for the better part of a decade.

It is both a subtle and quiet war where average citizens are the "enemy" to Government.

Very similar in fact to the Cold War which could be termed WWIII and the War on Terror could be seen as WWIV, if people want to get technical, depending upon perspective, political views, and of course semantics and splitting hairs through defining these "wars".

Quote from : Wikipedia : War on Terror

The War on Terror (also known as the Global War on Terror or the War on Terrorism) is an ongoing international military campaign led by the United States of America and the United Kingdom with the support of other NATO and non-NATO countries.

The campaign was launched in 2001 with the US/UK invasion of Afghanistan in response to the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Since then, other operations have commenced, the largest being the War in Iraq, beginning with a 2003 invasion.

Originally, it was waged against al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations with the purpose of eliminating them.

The phrase War on Terror was first used by former US President George W. Bush and other high-ranking US officials to denote a global military, political, legal and ideological struggle against organizations designated as terrorist and regimes that were accused of having a connection to them or providing them with support or were perceived, or presented as posing a threat to the US and its allies in general.

It was typically used with a particular focus on militant Islamists and al-Qaeda.

Although the term is not officially used by the administration of President Barack Obama (which instead uses the term Overseas Contingency Operation), it is still commonly used by politicians, in the media and officially by some aspects of government, such as the Army's Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.

The notion of a "war on terror" has been criticized for lacking a defined and identifiable enemy, thus making it a potential framework for perpetual military action pursuing other goals.

Of course, it could still, technically be linked to the ignorant Crusades, which never ended.

Nothing ever truly stops, people just change the names, to change perception and tactics.

And as well to get more funding for something the populace does not support.

Quote from : Wikipedia : War on Terror : Terminology

The conflict has been referred to by names other than the War on Terror.

It has also been known as:

* World War III
* World War IV (assuming the Cold War was World War III)
* Bush's War on Terror
* The Long War

In 1984 the Reagan Administration used the term "war against terrorism" as part of an effort to pass legislation that was designed to freeze assets of terrorist groups and marshal the forces of government against them.

Author Shane Harris asserts this was a reaction to the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing.

On September 16, 2001, at Camp David, President George W. Bush used the phrase war on terror when he said,

"This crusade - this war on terrorism - is going to take a while, [...] And the American people must be patient. I'm going to be patient.

But I can assure the American people I am determined."

On September 20, 2001, during a televised address to a joint session of congress, Bush launched the war on terror when he said,

"Our 'war on terror' begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there.

It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated."

Bush did not say when he expected this would be achieved.

(Previous to this usage, after stepping off the presidential helicopter on Sunday, September 16, 2001, Bush stated in an unscripted and controversial comment:

"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."

Bush later apologized for this remark due to the negative connotations the term crusade has to people of Muslim faith.

The word crusade was not used again).

Bolded by SKL

You will notice of course there is no end of conflict in sight.

In language, sentences which are open-ended, means there is more to come, or left open to interpretation.

So, in essence, President Bush had declared, an open-ended war campaign.

And all President's, Obama, and onward, can pick up the guidon and lead us to war.

Without fear of funding being shut down due to the populace's ignorance of politics.

Glad you like the book recommendation as I always try to throw a few in.

As for the bunker invite I thank you for that indeed.
edit on 11/29/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight To The Post.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join