It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced "The Wave"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know how else to label it. If you have experienced it, you know exactly what I am talking about! If there is another thread about it, please point me to it. I searched, but found nothing similar...

I was 14 years old and happened to be in a residential drug rehab (a Phoenix House in Brooklyn) at the time. It was 1970. It was the middle of the night and I was sleeping in a room with 4 other young women. Something woke me up and I sat up in bed. Something was coming; I could feel it. A wave of energy. It grew stronger and it enveloped me - a hum, a tingling, a vibration, blinding light without heat or in fact light, accompanied by an overwhelming crescendo of rushing knowledge and profound understanding. All at once, everything was clear to me and I understood that we were all one and everything made perfect sense. It felt like a rushing of ideas, memes, archetypes, thoughts, falling into place. A revelation of oneness and connection to a higher state of being. We are all each other; one joy; one pain. It lasted for a few moments and dissipated.

I was stunned but not at all scared -- very, very excited! I wanted to wake up everyone in the room and share - it was spilling out of me - my excitement. Sadly, with much effort, I contained it. I thought they would think I was crazy! The words that were flooding me were inadequate to describe the experience. I said nothing.

Several days later, when my mom came to visit, I spilled it all out very excitedly and she did the best she could to reassure me and help me to process and validate my experience. My mom was very open to spiritual experiences, although we were not a particularly religious family. We never spoke about it again until the sharing period before her death in 2004.

I've wondered why I experienced this many times over the years, why at that particular time, and (above all), exactly what was it and what did it mean? I think I experienced it then because it was a period in my life that was introspective (a lot of group work in rehab); it was a period in my life that was substance-free, so when I look back I understand that this was a natural phenomenon that occurs without the help of substances; it was something that took me to a different perspective and helped me to shape my view of reality (so better to come at a young age); it was a time when I was connecting very closely to people (there was a high level of honesty in the relationships I experienced in rehab). Also, the experience would be something I would look back to in moments of pessimism and doubt (about God and the meaning of life). What was the point of it? A test prod? A hint of something to come? Validation? Revelation?

What was the nature of it? God? Angels? Aliens? The Force? Energy? Love? Is this what is coming? Coming to us all at the same time in a much bigger way? A mass experience of this kind? It was of such a nature that if everyone experienced this at the same time, that would surely end all war.

So, does this ring a bell for anyone? If so, what are your impressions and thoughts as to the nature and meaning as well as relevance for what is coming upon us?

Please post your experience if you can or flag and come back later

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting post there.
I know how it feels to have to keep something so mind blowing to yourself.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to what you experienced, but your story rang a bell with me, so I'll post mine.

I once worked at a local supermarket where I met a guy who happened to be a Kung Fu master.

I was interested in the meditation aspects of martial arts, and during a conversation with him, he told me of a technique for the awakening of Chi, which involved breathing through my mouth from my abdomen with my tongue curled and touching the roof of my mouth, sucking the air forcibly around the sides of my tongue and likewise with the exhalation.

He said it would give me energy.

It seemed to work, and I finished my shift, and continued to work the night shift as well, as he was a trainee manager and had the authority to allow me to do so.

When I got home, I made sure the front door and window were locked, then went to lie down to sleep and did a deep relaxation excercise beforehand.

Whilst in this state of deep relaxation, I felt my feet slowly float about (An estimated) six inches from the couch (Where I slept).

I started to feel a bit freaked out by this, and then an inner voice told me to relax, as no harm would come to me.

I did so, and an intense tingling feeling gradually rushed all along my body from the feet upwards, and left me with a feeling of pure ecstacy and joy, the like of which I had never before experienced.

Then my feet slowly descended, and I felt a pair of hands tucking the blanket underneath me.

I then turned over to go to sleep feeling really happy and content with the world.

When my Dad got home from work that evening, he was annoyed with me and said that I had left the front door and window wide open the night before, and I doubt he believed me when I insisted that I HAD locked them both before retiring.

I have had many strange experiences before and since then, in fact, so many that I'm sure people think I'm lying when I start to relate them, but theyre all true, and I've no reason to lie anyway..........
edit on 19-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Did you experience tears of joy?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I have experienced the wave! When I have more time, I'll try to elaborate a bit more!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illegal Alien
I have had many strange experiences before and since then, in fact, so many that I'm sure people think I'm lying when I start to relate them, but theyre all true, and I've no reason to lie anyway..........
edit on 19-11-2010 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I can imagine how annoying it is not to be believed but I think the people here tend to have open minds. Your experience definitely relates and I appreciate the details you have shared! The Wave was the only supernatural experience that I have encountered (other than some precognitive happenings and synchronicity). It fascinates me because it was such a striking event ...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlternateEnding

Did you experience tears of joy?

Actually, not. I am not that type to begin with (sort of a tomboy type) - although there was a sensation of relief with the understanding.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by missboofital

I have experienced the wave! When I have more time, I'll try to elaborate a bit more!

Oh, cool - looking forward to it

Anyone else - if you have experienced The Wave - flag this!!! When you have time, come back to share --- I am so interested to understand if this is an isolated or widespread experience ...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I may have experienced something like that when I was younger. I had post it in another thread and I'll just copy and paste it here.

I was around the same age, and again I went to sleep in my room. During my sleep, I had a weird "dream" that wasn't quite like a dream at all. I vividly remember that I had the sensation of floating in the middle of my living room while on my back (Same position when you lay on your back in bed, but floating). I could not see any objects nor move at all, but I had the distinct feeling around me that I was in the living room. During this time, I remember seeing "colored static" in front of me, kind of like the static on an unused channel on TV except it was a billion shades of color not black and white.

As I was "seeing" this, I distinctly remember seeing a swirl in the middle of my line of sight (I vividly remember that I also had the sensation of my eyes being closed the entire time, but yet I saw all this). This swirl began to move closer to my face and projected a tornado type of shape towards my forehead. This swirl touched the middle of my forehead, right above my brows - pretty much the spot where Hindu's have that red dot. During this time, it felt like something was being channeled into head and I had the same pulsating sensation in my last experience. The weird thing about it was that it wasn't frightening at all - it was very soothing and comforting. I had no fear or doubts as to what was going on. I remember coming back into consciousness and the whole thing was fading away. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling extremely rejuvenated - come to think of it, it felt like I was conscious through the entire event.

I know my last one sounds far out, in which it is but I promise you that I am not fabricating any of this. I have yet to figure out what that "dream" was all about. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
While I haven't read the series, you may want to check out Laura Knight-Jadczyk's The Wave series. I've read her The Secret History of the World and from what she's mentioned about The Wave you may find it interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'll add another similar incident that happened to me when I was around 5 years old. I remember this very clear despite being so young.

I was pretty sick at the time, was a bad cold or some sort. My dad took me to his work during a weekend in order to take care of some stuff. Since I was sick, my dad told me to lay down in this vacant office (It was really big) and get some rest. It was dark inside, and the only light source was from a small window in the door. I remember I was starting to fall asleep when something extremely strange happened. I was in the state of consciousness and asleep when I was bombarded with loads of information. Only way I can describe what I saw was basically thousands and thousands of "solar system maps" flashing in front of me. Similar to the diagrams of our own solar system that show the planets orbit around the sun with lines.

I remember I felt paralyzed and couldn't move during the event. These images were flashing in front of me while my head was pointing at an angle, so that I was looking down at the floor. I don't know how long it lasted, but I had and still have the distinct feeling that what I saw were maps of the cosmos. I know it sounds completely far-fetched, hell I could have just been hallucinating from being sick.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Odd you should describe that.

I (Yawn!) had a similar experience, but not an out of the body experience like yours appears to be.

Iwas doing a more advanced form of the breathing meditation, this time with the focus on opening the third eye, or whatever people choose to call it.
I won't describe the technique as it can be pretty dangerous for the unprepared.

Anyway, I did the technique which ends with concentrating on the point you described in the middle of the forehead.

At first, I felt a pulsing sensation similar to when you've been running and can feel your heart beating, but this time at the point in the forehead.

The pulses gradually became longer in duration, until I felt a sort of numb lump.

Then it felt as though two hands had forced themselves into the middle of the lump, and were pulling it apart leaving a large hole in the centre of my forehead.

After a short while, I felt something like a fist punching through the 'hole', at which point I pulled myself out of it.

Unlike your experience, mine scared the hell out of me, but I intend on doing it again and seeing it through to the end this time.

This often seems to happen to me. Right at the last moment, I lose my bottle, and stop it.

Anyway, thought it might be of interest.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Do think there's more than one way to open your third eye? Maybe I may have stumbled upon it on accident or something? Interesting story none the less.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I had a similar experience just a few months ago. I believe it is what many refer to as chakra, chi, or kundalini.

I released this energy on accident through simple meditation, just intending to go to sleep. It was amazing and an eye opening, incredible experience. After several days of thinking about it, researching it and ultimately praying I came to realize what it was. (this is for me personally) I think it is connecting with the energy that runs through and connects us all. It is always there, but we have learned to ignore it and be ignorant of it over the years and through evolution. I believe it is the holy spirit...and it's amazing, don't you think?

There are a lot of beliefs and rituals surrounding this 'energy' or 'love'. I have always believed in God, but had a very hard time with having faith. I finally realized that faith isn't something you think about, it is something you feel and my connection now with the holy spirit is real enough that I automatically have faith. Is this the freedom you spoke of? Freedom from fear and not knowing? Because once you experience this incredible love, you KNOW that there is not only a God, but a life much bigger than the one we are in right now!!

edit on 19-11-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
While I haven't read the series, you may want to check out Laura Knight-Jadczyk's The Wave series. I've read her The Secret History of the World and from what she's mentioned about The Wave you may find it interesting.

Thanks for this interesting info. I will read these articles to look for correlations in other people's experiences. I only came up with the name "The Wave" in looking for a title for this thread, but it did feel like a wave passing through me.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

That does sound to be of the same experience type. I think the feeling of not being scared is interesting. Were you hit with a profound understanding of the nature of things at that same time? I wonder if this is what people reach when successfully meditating.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I had a similar experience just a few months ago. I believe it is what many refer to as chakra, chi, or kundalini.

I released this energy on accident through simple meditation, just intending to go to sleep. It was amazing and an eye opening, incredible experience. After several days of thinking about it, researching it and ultimately praying I came to realize what it was. (this is for me personally) I think it is connecting with the energy that runs through and connects us all. It is always there, but we have learned to ignore it and be ignorant of it over the years and through evolution. I believe it is the holy spirit...and it's amazing, don't you think?

Oh, yes - it felt to me like a visitation from a higher power...maybe the holy spirit, hmm...and yes, it felt like something always there and just passing through me at that moment.

There are a lot of beliefs and rituals surrounding this 'energy' or 'love'. I have always believed in God, but had a very hard time with having faith.

I can relate to this!

I finally realized that faith isn't something you think about, it is something you feel and my connection now with the holy spirit is real enough that I automatically have faith. Is this the freedom you spoke of? Freedom from fear and not knowing? Because once you experience this incredible love, you KNOW that there is not only a God, but a life much bigger than the one we are in right now!!

Yes, imagine if everyone experienced this! It would change everything and instantly move us to a higher level of consciousness.

That is why I am thinking about all of this now. Everyone is talking about big changes and the move of humanity, elevation, to a higher awareness. I am wondering if the conditions are arising for a shared experience of the wave, this holy spirit. That would accomplish this. Imagine if everyone would experience this at the same time! As it is now, so many people are waking up to various truths and that, in itself, is bringing people closer, perhaps setting the stage for an even greater understanding about just how close we are to each other!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I know, if it were only that easy, right? I see this energy/love/holy spirit as a river that is flowing....when we die, if we are connected to it than when our spirit is freed from our physical body it just naturally flows back into it, where it originated from, in another plane of existance. If we are not connected to it, but instead to another, darker realm, than that is where our spirit goes...lost.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of lost souls right now. Those of us that have connected with the holy spirit try and seek each other out at church. I think that a large majority of those at church have yet to truly experience it because they fail to make the physical connection with their bodies. Prayer is a form of meditation, but few practice it that way. However, when you are united in prayer, you can feel it.

I think the best way to experience a group connection is by finding a good, modern non-denominational church. When you are joined together in a really good song, you can feel the holy spirit coursing through you. Prior to my experience, I had felt this, but not to the extent that I do now. The past few times that I have been at church, when we are singing I find tears pouring down my face without even realizing it. I am NOT someone that cries in public, so it is really something unusuall for me...cleansing.

I pray that some day more and more people will come to find and unlock the love that is inside them...inside us all. We ARE all connected and a part of each other, and something much, much greater.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I could feel it. A wave of energy. It grew stronger and it enveloped me - a hum, a tingling, a vibration, blinding light without heat or in fact light, accompanied by an overwhelming crescendo of rushing knowledge and profound understanding. All at once, everything was clear to me and I understood that we were all one and everything made perfect sense. It felt like a rushing of ideas, memes, archetypes, thoughts, falling into place. A revelation of oneness and connection to a higher state of being. We are all each other; one joy; one pain. It lasted for a few moments and dissipated.

It sounds to me like you were experiencing an orgasm

But seriously, that was the way it felt for me the first time i experienced my first erotic dream also.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
such threads I would discuss a variety of options, such as general psychotic breakdown, or other such mental explanations..

however, experiencing one myself, I find it difficult to deny or minimize it. happened to me about 8 years ago. I don't know what it was, but it was rather nice...very similar to the ops description.

I don't believe it was anything physical or measurable...I imagine if there was soimeone sitting beside me, they would not have noticed anything different...so that tells me it is a mental thing, however, it felt more like some sort of "soul" thing, if that makes sense...

not unlike a video game when you "level up" and a special effect happen to you in a odd way.

(btw, not looking forward to the boss level...life can be damn hard just on normal mode)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Hi GirlGenius, I do recall somewhere here on ATS a fellow member describing what you experienced while he was having a near death experience or actually had died and was being revived. He explained the connectedness as you did. I'm sorry I have no idea how or where to find that post again. I'm so happy you got to experience this insight and revelation at such a crucial time in your life. I commend you for taking your rehab seriously. I have a loved one in my extended family battling alcoholism and drug abuse and I hope he is able to make positive changes for himself as you did. Thanks for having the courage to share your story. It's very uplifting and a nice antidote to the usual bad news and doom and gloom we are bombarded with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join